Start by marking “Dark Warrior (Warrior, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Warrior (Warrior, #2)

Dark Warrior (Warrior #2)

Mary wakes in the darkness of a dungeon after being abducted by a fearsome warrior. Suddenly her prison door opens to reveal a large man hidden in black shroud. He calls himself Michael, the Dark One. As a favour to his friend Magnus (from Legendary Warrior), Michael has come to rescue her. They travel across unknown territory seeking safety, and Mary falls in love with Mi ...more
Published October 26th 2004 by Avon (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Warrior

Jeene Hobbs
Apr 15, 2015 Jeene Hobbs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow!?! what a gripping story

This is a strong story filled with escape, mystery, and romance set at a time when the Church doggedly pursued heretics. Well written and hard to put down.

It was nice to read about Magnus, Reena, Thomas and Brigid again. The Dark One made a cameo appearance in Legendary Warrior. He returns as our hero rescuing the Mary that Magnus saved all those years ago. Much like the Legend/Magnus, there are two very different sides to Michael, the Dark One.

This pair of books is
Elis Madison
Mary has been hiding all her life. She's the daughter of a renowned teacher, who was branded heretic, tortured and killed along with her mother, and the church means to do the same to Mary, even though she was only a child when her parents died. You'd think that after several years not hearing a word of a little girl, they'd have given up, wouldn't you? Nope, the church, specifically an inquisitor named Decimus, has a long memory, and he still wants her.

The man who delivered her years ago, Magn
Jenny
May 02, 2016 Jenny rated it liked it
The only reason this is a 3 star instead of 2 star is because I needed a simple romance. No intertwined plotlines and insta-love. This is exactly what I needed. There is a twist in the book that had me scratching my head trying to figure out how it happened even though we get the background of it. After I finished it I just shrugged my shoulders and decided to not dwell on it. Anyway, if you want a stereotypical historical romance, this is a good choice.
merilie Gonzales
Aug 18, 2016 merilie Gonzales rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark warrior

This story had substance, a good plot with twists and turns. It had a big surprise. I took a star away because sometimes the words of love were overly dramatic but I will be reading more books by Donna Fletcher.
Antoinette Lewis
Jun 05, 2014 Antoinette Lewis rated it liked it
It was different the concept struggle and fight
StrangeBedfellows
Dec 10, 2012 StrangeBedfellows rated it it was ok
The synopsis for this book sounded very cool, romantic, and fun. And at first, I did enjoy this story. But about halfway through things just became ridiculous and irritating. There's a surprise twist that I don't want to give away by going into too much detail, but the characters' actions in several instances made me roll my eyes in disgust and irritation. Putting the customary melodrama of historical romances aside, the story wasn't believable.
Lin #Historical lover...❤️
good book... riveting story with nice twist. Enjoyable read
Natalie
Feb 11, 2013 Natalie rated it it was amazing
So... I had never read a romance novel before this one. It was my first year in college and so sick of the guys I was around that I picked up any book and it was this one. I grabbed a pint of ice cream and stayed up reading. It sure made me smile and feel better. So I gave it Five stars because it has a personal connection.
Kristina
Jul 22, 2012 Kristina rated it really liked it
I loved the story and the characters...until the end. The twist left you scratching your head. The resolution just felt rushed which left certain details unresolved for the reading. I still gave this book a high rating as I did truly like the plot an the idea behind the twist. I'm happy I read it.
Tiffany
Jul 12, 2014 Tiffany rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story much better than the first. While some parts were sort of repetitive, they were not overly annoying. I enjoyed the relationship ship between Mary and The Dark One but wished we learned a little more about how they fared. Also his true identity was pretty obvious.
Blender
Jan 07, 2013 Blender rated it really liked it
This was a great story, so many twists and turns. The ending did feels rushed but overall a good read.
Hanna B
Jun 15, 2013 Hanna B rated it liked it
I predicted the end about 30 pages in. but Oh well it was pretty good.
Lissette Hicks
Jan 16, 2013 Lissette Hicks rated it really liked it
Really good. A somewhat different plot. The ending seemed rushed.
Holly
Aug 23, 2013 Holly rated it it was amazing
One of the best stories I've ever read!
Nicole
Aug 16, 2012 Nicole rated it it was ok
Needlessly Byzantine.
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Stacey Fritter
Stacey Fritter rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Megan
Megan added it
Sujit Kumar
Sujit Kumar marked it as to-read
Renee Eilerts
Renee Eilerts rated it liked it
Carrie Wilson
Carrie Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Tammie
Tammie rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Abar
Abar rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Evelin Burns-C
Evelin Burns-C rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Cat
Cat rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Poonam patkar
Poonam patkar rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Bj Medford
Bj Medford is currently reading it
Aug 30, 2016
Johanna Vuicich
Johanna Vuicich rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
  • The Witch and the Warrior (Warriors, #2)
  • Highland Scoundrel (Highland Brides, #5)
  • Heart of Fire (Heart Trilogy, #2)
  • His Conquest (MacGruder Brothers, #3)
  • The Conqueror
  • The Christmas Knight
  • The Lost Brother (Gareth and Gwen Medieval Mysteries, #6)
  • The Maiden and Her Knight (Maiden and Her Knight, #1)
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Parallel Desire (Midnight Warriors, #4)
  • Her Highland Protector (Gilvrys Of Dunross, #2)
  • The Warrior (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #1)
  • The Brat
  • Highlander in Love (Lockhart Family, #3)
  • Prisoner of Desire

Warrior (2 books)
  • Legendary Warrior (Warrior, #1)