The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books(R))

The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books(R))

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  615 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Our eyes see flies.
Our eyes see ants.
Sometimes they see
pink underpants.

Oh, say can you see? Dr. Seuss’s hilarious ode to eyes gives little ones a whole new appreciation for all the wonderful things to be seen!
Library Binding, 36 pages
Published October 5th 1999 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1968)

David Sarkies
Hey, this book is so simple that I can translate most of it into German without going to a dictionary.

Das Auge Buch
Auge, Augen.
Meine Augen, Meine Augen.
Seine Augen, Seine Augen.
Zwinke Auge, Zwinke Auge.
Rosa Auge, rosa Auge.
Meine Augen Seiht, Seine Augen Seiht.
Ich sehe ihm, er seiht mich.
Unsere Augen sehen blau, unsere Augen sehen rott.
Sie sehen ein Vogel, Sie sehen ein Bett.
Sie sehen den Sonne, Sie sehen den Mond.
Sie sehen eine Gabel, ein Messer, und einen Loffel.
Sie sehen eine Madchen,
Sie seh...more
Kathryn
This is an excellent earlyreader preschool book. The pictures are bright and engaging with the words at beginner level. I guess on average, most kids will have the book memorized after 2-3 reads. Books like this are essential if you want your children to have a head start in reading.
Megan
This book is written by Dr. Suess as Theo LeSieg. It is a book all about eye. It teaches kids that our eyes are different from other animals eyes, but we all see the same things. We see the same shapes anyway, not all animals see in the same color spectrum. Our eyes see colors like blue and red, they see far and they see near, etc. I like the illustrations in this book because they are bright colored, but the main focus is clearly the eyes, as the eyes are the biggest feature on both the boy and...more
Angie
Synopsis: ""My eyes see. His eyes see. I see him. And he sees me." With text as simple as simple can be, Theo. LeSieg (a.k.a. Theodore Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss) uses humor and rhythm to encourage the very youngest children to discover the joy of reading. A big-eyed boy and a pink-eyed rabbit cavort through the book, seeing everything there is to see: a girl, a horse, an old tin can, the sun, the moon--even pink underpants (which makes them both blush). Rhyming objects give the brief "story" a li...more
Jessie
We got this book from the library - I'd never actually read it as a child.
I started to read it to my son, and he insisted he was going to read the entire book to me instead. He didn't need my help on a single word and he was SO excited to have done it all by himself. He later read the book to Daddy, and then we took in for a car ride so he could read by himself in the back seat. Great book for early readers!

The story is simple and similar to the nose book. Actually, my son even giggled at the en...more
Melissa Bee
Yes, I read this book as party of Story Time @ a local daycare center. The kids loved it so much we read it 3 times in a row.
Emkoshka
Cute and simple, it's a nice way to teach kids some basic vocabulary. I like the addition of the pink-eyed rabbit.
Shantel
great early reading book
Jack Kirby and the X-man
Dr. Seuss/Theo Le Sieg rhyming for young kids at its very best.

The new illustrations by Joe Mathieu really work well.
Luann
This is one of the super simple Dr. Seuss books that I don't believe I ever read when I was younger. The illustrations by Joe Mathieu are ultra-cute. The boy and the rabbit each have large, bright eyes which make the eyes the focus of each illustration - as it should be in a book all about eyes and the things they see.
Skylar Burris
I really like these Bright and Early Books for Beginners for my Kindergartener, who is just learning to read. The words are simple, repetitive, and often rhyming, which helps her to pick them up more quickly, but the pictures are cute and colorful enough to capture her attention.
Mandy Hoffman
Dr. Seuss captures the hearts and imaginations of both children and adults alike in yet another fun book about body parts. This one being about the eyes features an adorable rabbit and one cute boy. You learn about all the neat things you can see with your eyes.
Josiah
Similar to "The Tooth Books" in many ways, this short volume is everything that Dr. Seuss fans would expect in one of his easy reader books. "The Eye Book" encourages us to take a fresh look at the world around us, and enjoy it for what it is.
Room 123
It is so fun because it says the same words a lot of times! It is funny to me. I like the book. It is not a scary book. It is a funny books. It has lots of words. Go check it out at your library! By Megan
Kristalyn
This has been one of our favorites for toddlers, and Preston's just discovered it! Typical Dr. Seuss rhymes and fun illustrations. (Theo LeSeig is Theodore Giesel (spelled backwards) and also Dr. Seuss.)
Tricia
Fun! And I just learned that Geisel wrote as LeSieg when he was author but not illustrator. I should've known that. I digress. This easy reader is a fun collection of eye-related material. Lively.
Hope4flowers
Eric Minneman gave this to us when he was getting rid of some of his son's old books. Henry loves it. (20 mo)

Henry especially likes how his Daddy reads it to him. It makes him crack up.
Gaby Roman
This book was okay. I didn't think it was too special. It would be good for pre school aged kids or younger. I thought it could have been a little more creative with the writing.
Sandy
A really quick read. Probably took me a minute or two but I enjoyed it. Read it aloud to my friends in the bookstore and got a few laughs XD. You can't hate Dr. Seuss.
Theresa
I learnt this off by heart and back to front!! (And could probably recite it now if I really tried...) Such good memories.

A FANTASTIC book for learning to read.
Cindi Ford
Oct 15, 2007 Cindi Ford rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: kids & parents of younger kids
Shelves: kidsbooks
My kids and I read this book all the time and enjoy it. It is more for the under 5 or 6 year-old but makes a good early reader as well.
Katie
Honestly this book was great the first thirty or so times, but now I'm totally sick of it and it stays hidden in my house
Alise Durkota
Very simple text with many sight words. Remember reading really simple textx is the best way to build sight word recognition!!
Samantha
An easy reader book about eyes. Text is rhyming and repetitive and full color illustrations support text well.
Heather
10 months - the board book is small for travel. This is also another great book for signing with baby!
Evan
It was great. I liked when they saw everything. I read it even though I didn't want to read.
Joy
Of course, I am biased, but I love reading this to Macy. I want her to love eyes, too. haha.
Lindsey Rogers
Great book for beginning readers. Wonderfully illustrated and also contains sight words! Pre-K.
Missy
what you SEE is what you get...get it? got it? helllloooo? you feelin me?
  • The Nose Book
  • The Shape of Me and Other Stuff
  • The Berenstains' B Book (Bright & Early Books)
  • Big Dog...Little Dog
  • Hooray For Diffendoofer Day! (Dr Seuss)
  • Because a Little Bug Went Ka-choo!
  • Gossie and Gertie
  • Glasses for D.W. (Step-Into-Reading, Step 3)
Ten Apples Up On Top! Please Try to Remember the First of Octember! Maybe You Should Fly a Jet! Maybe You Should Be a Vet! Hooper Humperdink...? Not Him! I Wish That I Had Duck Feet