The Treehouse Book

The Treehouse Book

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  18 reviews
It seems that almost everyone likes treehouses. Smiles of recognition turn into grins of enthusiasm as more people discover them and dream about making their own private retreats or family play spaces. And it's nice to remind ourselves that treehouses are built into the oldest and most forgiving, living things on earth. Also, history records treehouses as being built as de...more
Published July 7th 2000 by Universe

To ask other readers questions about The Treehouse Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Treehouse Book

The Mystic Princesses and the Whirlpool by P.J. LaRueSilent Spring by Rachel CarsonCradle to Cradle by William McDonoughThe Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael PollanThe Urban Homestead (Expanded & Revised Edition) by Kelly Coyne
Being "Green"
151st out of 250 books — 151 voters

More lists with this book...

Monica
Treehouses are not just for children. This is a beautiful book with gorgeous photos.
Jenna Parmer
Fun. Makes you dream about building your own treehouse retreat.
Susan
A very enjoyable book showing a variety of treehouses that people really live in as well as some designs that catastrophically failed. I skipped the twenty-page section on children's playhouses (built on the ground)..didn't really fit with the rest of the book.
Cindy
Not sure one can (should) actually rate a book like this. I'm a bit odd and would love to have a vacation tree house. Therefore, I really enjoyed this book and have owned it for years. If you're not into tree houses, I suppose this book is not for you.
DDog
Interesting little book chock full of photographs of treehouses. And now I want one. Lots of eye-candy. Only drawback is all the treehouses in the book were built by one company; I would've liked to see more variety in the type, builders, and era.
Jason Manley
Looking through this coffee table book will fill your head with grand fantasies of dropping everything to live in a hand-crafted house at the top of a redwood tree.
Karen
Haven't we all wanted to live in a treehouse at some time in our lives? Some of these are actual houses....others are playhouses. Gorgeous eye-candy.
Alissa
This is a great book for anyone who likes treehouses and treehouse offices. There are some really cool stories in here about peeps who have built treehouses.
Simone Vd stadt beaney
A collection of pictures of existing tree houses as well as some instructions on how to build your own and what to look out for.
Anna
"Treehouses represent a return to innocence. They can be refreshingly antisocial... a place of one's own."
Lori
Great pictures and tree house dreaming or planning ideas. Loving the treehouse cottage and office ideas!
Molly
skimmed through this, but mostly got it for the good photos of cool treehouses
dee
You Tarzan. Me Jane. Great book to dream in.
Deb
Tree house people are strange.
Kuyacarlo
Four stars for the pictures!
Mckinley
Fun to look at and oggle.
Kimberley Patterson
Loved it...good pics!
Maggie
Apr 14, 2008 Maggie added it
dream house.
Miss
Miss is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2014
Lisased
Lisased marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Moa
Moa marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Anna Baeth
Anna Baeth marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Ocean Tails Face to Face With Michelle Akers Farm Tails (Tail Spin Books Series) Sound Healing: Ease Chronic Pain: Music - Imagery - Book - Journal Desert Tails