Start by marking “Winnie-the-Pooh on Management: In which a Very Important Bear and his friends are introduced to a Very...” as Want to Read:

Using the characters and stories of A. A. Milne to illustrate such principles as setting clear objectives, strong leadership, the need for accurate information, good communication, and other neglected basics of prudent management, Roger E. Allen offers sensible, time-honored advice in a captivating style. His consulting experience has taught him that it is the fundamentals ...more
Published November 1st 1994 by Dutton Adult

To ask other readers questions about Winnie-the-Pooh on Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winnie-the-Pooh on Management

Benjamin Thomas
Nov 21, 2013 Benjamin Thomas rated it really liked it
As a devotee of Winnie-the-Pooh, philosopher extraordinaire, I had to pick this one up. I expected the Pooh parts to be “Pooh-like” and that turned out to be the case. The author does a great job at writing Pooh (and Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyor, etc.) in their AA Milne voices and includes a fair amount of flashbacks right from the original stories to illustrate his management points. But I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this book has some honestly good management advice.

The advice is of
Sambasivan
Oct 30, 2016 Sambasivan rated it really liked it
It is always good to go to fundamentals once in a while. This is a cute little book that goes to the crux of basic management principles for the benefit of the entrants to the theory. I loved it.
Teresa
Jan 22, 2008 Teresa rated it it was amazing
Of course for more intense and serious folk, this book might not earn a 5-star ranking. However, for those of us who have always learned from Pooh and his adventures at the 100 Acre Wood — it is a must-read, must-own!

The author presents simple "lessons" regarding management, business purpose and managerial skills in a dialogue with Pooh and friends in the context of classic 100 Acre Wood stories and attitudes. Quick read for adults and an excellent life-skills book for children.

[Read the day bef
Tony Segreto
May 06, 2016 Tony Segreto rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by the idea of learning some management techniques from the almighty Winnie-the-Pooh himself! A fun quick read. The book is split into several managerial lessons that are then explained via allegorical stories of Winnie-the-Pooh and friends.

Not too many jaw dropping concepts, but does present the material in a very digestible fashion.

Feel-good sort of management book that is optimistic towards managerial techniques and leans towards Drucker's Modern Management and Fiedler's Con
Kaija
Jan 28, 2014 Kaija rated it did not like it
I love Winnie the Pooh and this was bought for me as a joke. I was hoping I'd like it and learn more about it, but these characters don't lend themselves to such a serious topic.
Maybe it it had been written differently it might have been a success.
As it stands, I wouldn't recommend this book for either management, or a Winnie the Pooh fan.
Geir Ruud
Jun 25, 2011 Geir Ruud rated it liked it
When it comes to books on management, this is one of the least terrible.

A couple of my colleagues gave it to me, not realizing that I would spend the whole 200 pages wondering which of them would be Tigger, Piglet or one of the other animals in the world of A.A. Milne. :-)
Jaycob
Nov 08, 2013 Jaycob rated it really liked it
The world would be a warmer place of Winnie the Pooh came up with the jargony business buzz words, instead of whoever made all those ones I seem to really hate
Debbie
May 30, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
I met a woman who used this book as the HR Director for a very large corporation and loved it. The book works for me.
Mona Golkar
I loved the time I spent reading this book! I'm so glad that I bought the paper version so I can keep it in my library! thanks to @Caitlin for introducing it to me! :)
Elke
Jan 24, 2010 Elke rated it really liked it
Leuk boekje dat gemakkelijk wegleest, maar toch vooral een inleiding tot management, niet bedoeld voor mensen die hier al iets vanaf weten.
Trisha
Apr 16, 2016 Trisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Ik ben niet dol op Poeh, maar dit is een boek wat leuk is. Ik ga zeker opzoek naar de andere boekjes in deze serie.
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Briana
Briana rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2016
Nijil
Apr 09, 2012 Nijil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and interesting stories....
Sonda
Jul 28, 2012 Sonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, in that it reads just like a Winnie the Pooh childs story.
Danijel Brestovac
Danijel Brestovac rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Marco
Marco rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2013
Geoffrey
Geoffrey rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Rachel Mcconnell
Rachel Mcconnell rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Greg Mccoy
Greg Mccoy rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Elda Kocks-de
Elda Kocks-de rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Adrian Buck
Adrian Buck rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2013
Animlgrl
Animlgrl rated it did not like it
May 25, 2008
Thijs Bemmel
Thijs Bemmel rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Nhi Cheeze
Nhi Cheeze rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2009
Gabrielle Beaulieu
Gabrielle Beaulieu rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2011
Elizabeth Barron
Elizabeth Barron rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Rob
Rob rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Secrets About Life Every Woman Should Know: Ten Principles for Total Emotional and Spiritual Fulfillment
  • Your Guide to Cemetery Research
  • Encyclopedia Mythologica: Gods and Heroes Pop-Up
  • The Egyptology Handbook: A Course in the Wonders of Egypt (Ologies)
  • Work in Progress: Risking Failure, Surviving Success
  • Make Your Contacts Count: Networking Know-How for Business and Career Success
  • The Yogi Book : I Really Didn't Say Everything I Said
  • The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search
  • The Deming Management Method