Start by marking “Winnie-the-Pooh on Management: In which a Very Important Bear and his friends are introduced to a Very...” as Want to Read:

Using the characters and stories of A. A. Milne to illustrate such principles as setting clear objectives, strong leadership, the need for accurate information, good communication, and other neglected basics of prudent management, Roger E. Allen offers sensible, time-honored advice in a captivating style. His consulting experience has taught him that it is the fundamentals ...more
Published November 1st 1994 by Dutton Adult

To ask other readers questions about Winnie-the-Pooh on Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winnie-the-Pooh on Management

Benjamin Thomas
Nov 21, 2013 Benjamin Thomas rated it really liked it
As a devotee of Winnie-the-Pooh, philosopher extraordinaire, I had to pick this one up. I expected the Pooh parts to be “Pooh-like” and that turned out to be the case. The author does a great job at writing Pooh (and Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyor, etc.) in their AA Milne voices and includes a fair amount of flashbacks right from the original stories to illustrate his management points. But I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this book has some honestly good management advice.

The advice is of
Tony Segreto
May 06, 2016 Tony Segreto rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by the idea of learning some management techniques from the almighty Winnie-the-Pooh himself! A fun quick read. The book is split into several managerial lessons that are then explained via allegorical stories of Winnie-the-Pooh and friends.

Not too many jaw dropping concepts, but does present the material in a very digestible fashion.

Feel-good sort of management book that is optimistic towards managerial techniques and leans towards Drucker's Modern Management and Fiedler's Con
Teresa
Jan 22, 2008 Teresa rated it it was amazing
Of course for more intense and serious folk, this book might not earn a 5-star ranking. However, for those of us who have always learned from Pooh and his adventures at the 100 Acre Wood — it is a must-read, must-own!

The author presents simple "lessons" regarding management, business purpose and managerial skills in a dialogue with Pooh and friends in the context of classic 100 Acre Wood stories and attitudes. Quick read for adults and an excellent life-skills book for children.

[Read the day bef
Kaija
Jan 28, 2014 Kaija rated it did not like it
I love Winnie the Pooh and this was bought for me as a joke. I was hoping I'd like it and learn more about it, but these characters don't lend themselves to such a serious topic.
Maybe it it had been written differently it might have been a success.
As it stands, I wouldn't recommend this book for either management, or a Winnie the Pooh fan.
Geir Ruud
Jun 25, 2011 Geir Ruud rated it liked it
When it comes to books on management, this is one of the least terrible.

A couple of my colleagues gave it to me, not realizing that I would spend the whole 200 pages wondering which of them would be Tigger, Piglet or one of the other animals in the world of A.A. Milne. :-)
Mona Golkar
I loved the time I spent reading this book! I'm so glad that I bought the paper version so I can keep it in my library! thanks to @Caitlin for introducing it to me! :)
Jaycob
Nov 08, 2013 Jaycob rated it really liked it
The world would be a warmer place of Winnie the Pooh came up with the jargony business buzz words, instead of whoever made all those ones I seem to really hate
Elke
Jan 24, 2010 Elke rated it really liked it
Leuk boekje dat gemakkelijk wegleest, maar toch vooral een inleiding tot management, niet bedoeld voor mensen die hier al iets vanaf weten.
Trisha
Apr 16, 2016 Trisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Ik ben niet dol op Poeh, maar dit is een boek wat leuk is. Ik ga zeker opzoek naar de andere boekjes in deze serie.
Debbie
May 30, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
I met a woman who used this book as the HR Director for a very large corporation and loved it. The book works for me.
Cathy
Nov 15, 2009 Cathy marked it as to-read
I hate business books and love Winnie the Pooh, will have to see how this combination turns out.
Sonda
Jul 28, 2012 Sonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, in that it reads just like a Winnie the Pooh childs story.
Anna
Apr 20, 2016 Anna added it
Shelves: gift, business
Would not be surprised if this came from Dad.
Mitch
Dec 30, 2008 Mitch rated it it was amazing
i learned that friends give honey to yellow bearz
Allie
Dec 27, 2015 Allie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, Pooh bear was a great help to me.
Nijil
Apr 09, 2012 Nijil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and interesting stories....
Steve S
Fast read to read on a weekend.
Robert C.
Oct 21, 2012 Robert C. rated it really liked it
Pooh is indeed the wisest bear.
Aldryn Vega Pernett
Aldryn Vega Pernett marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Guisella Tapias
Guisella Tapias marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Andres Felipe
Andres Felipe is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2016
Edgar
Edgar added it
Sep 20, 2016
Ted
Ted marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Andrew Cowie
Andrew Cowie marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Rihards Rudziss
Rihards Rudziss rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Bart
Bart rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Nhi Cheeze
Nhi Cheeze rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Secrets About Life Every Woman Should Know: Ten Principles for Total Emotional and Spiritual Fulfillment
  • Your Guide to Cemetery Research
  • Encyclopedia Mythologica: Gods and Heroes Pop-Up
  • The Egyptology Handbook: A Course in the Wonders of Egypt (Ologies)
  • Work in Progress: Risking Failure, Surviving Success
  • Make Your Contacts Count: Networking Know-How for Business and Career Success
  • The Yogi Book : I Really Didn't Say Everything I Said
  • The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search
  • The Deming Management Method