Start by marking “The Spanish Kidnapping Disaster” as Want to Read:
The Spanish Kidnapping Disaster

The Spanish Kidnapping Disaster

The Spanish Kidnapping DisasterTwelve-year-old Felix is fascinated. She has never met a woman like Grace -- beautiful, mysterious, and a citizen of the world. If it weren't for Grace, the family's trip to Spain might have been pretty dull.

Published April 1st 1993 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Spanish Kidnapping Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spanish Kidnapping Disaster

Linda
Jun 18, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
This had some of the elements of my favorite type stories- adventure in a foreign country. Written in the first person and narrated by 12 year-old Felix (Felicia), she is in Spain accompanying her mother on her honeymoon. Don, the new husband is okay but with him came a stepsister, 12 year-old Amy, and a younger stepbrother, Phillip, whom Felix describes as a sniveling brat. Felix and Amy do not get along at all. Felix is fascinated when they meet beautiful Grace, who describes herself as a ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4 STARS

"Twelve-year-old Felix is fascinated. She has never met a woman like Grace -- beautiful, mysterious, and a citizen of the world. If it weren't for Grace, the family's trip to Spain might have been pretty dull.The trouble started when Felix and her stepsister Amy got lost in the middle of Spain, and Grace came to their rescue. Grace not only helped them find the rest of the family, but volunteered to show Felix, Amy, and her brother castles and windmills and Grace's car, bouncing down a du
Karen
Aug 14, 2008 Karen rated it it was ok
This was never my favorite Mary Downing Hahn, but I always wanted to like it more than I did, because I was so intrigued by the woman in it. She's really cool. ... well, aside from being a kidnapper. But she is a "citizen of the world." Except for the whole kidnapping thing, I wanted to be just like her.
Eli
Jul 29, 2013 Eli rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have
I loved this book when I first read it in middle school and I have read it MANY times since then!!!! Would have to say this is my single favorite book of all time that wasnt a series, which I have an obsession over. Its a book whose title I will always remember that I love and the story is so much fun to read!
Ashley.a
May 15, 2012 Ashley.a rated it liked it
I gave this book a 3 star rating because I thought it wasn't a good book but it was still an ok kind of book. I don't think that I would ever read this book again. The title is a different title like, like I have never really though about reading a book like this but a friend told me to read it so i did.
Ellen
Sep 08, 2015 Ellen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Fun for what it is. (Personally, I love the cover). The kids parents are terrible. I mean, what parents let a stranger take their kids in a car to see some windmills? This isn't my favorite Mary Downing Hahn book, but I did enjoy it.
Makaela
Dec 16, 2011 Makaela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action-adventure
I gave this book five stars because it was suspenseful and kept me reading. I would reckamend this book to anyone who likes suspenseful books. It was really suprising and I didn't expect what happened to happen. The charactors did risky things to escape and I think they were very brave.
Ashley
Apr 09, 2010 Ashley added it
I don't remember much about this book beyond reading it in grade school along with all the other Mary Downing Hahn and Willo Davis Roberts. Staples of my childhood reading.
Michelle
Mar 04, 2015 Michelle marked it as to-read
Shelves: ref-booktalker
Listed as Q3 = A good story with some faults, P3 = A booktalk on this title will excite most people’s interest
Rachel
Oct 16, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Ste-siblings are kidnapped by a seemingly benevolent, free-spirited character, Grace, and must band together to survive. Perhaps a bit quaint, but it has it's twists and turns.
Tabitha Murray
Mar 13, 2008 Tabitha Murray rated it it was amazing
I have faint memories of this book but I do recall it was one of my favorites by her.I'm planning on re-reading them if I can find them.^^
Hailey Jo
Hailey Jo rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2013
Liviania
Liviania rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2008
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2013
Allie
Allie rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2011
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2009
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
May 03, 2009
Rachie Leader
Rachie Leader rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Kelsey Neal
Kelsey Neal rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Carmen
Carmen rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Kay S
Kay S rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Kaylee Potts
Kaylee Potts rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2016
Dannaca
Dannaca rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Zyra
Zyra rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2011
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2010
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Brenda
Dec 27, 2014 Brenda rated it really liked it
Shelves: nostalgia
How is this children's literature...but I sure as hell loved it back in the day.
Brigid
Brigid rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2010
  • Jim Ugly
  • Ghost Cadet
  • The Ghosts of Mercy Manor
  • Baby-Sitting Is a Dangerous Job
  • The Glass House People
  • Skinnybones
  • Carlotta's Kittens (Cat Pack #3)
  • The Third Eye
  • Hothead
  • Best Friends
  • The Great American Mousical (Julie Andrews Collection)
  • The Girl Who Invented Romance
  • Anastasia's Chosen Career (Anastasia Krupnik, #7)
  • The War with Grandpa
  • The Totally Made-up Civil War Diary of Amanda MacLeish
  • Hound on the Heath (Animal Ark Hauntings, #6)
  • The Littles and the Great Halloween Scare
  • Dead Air (Talk Radio Mystery #1)
I grew up in a small shingled house down at the end of Guilford Road in College Park, Maryland. Our block was loaded with kids my age. We spent hours outdoors playing "Kick the Can" and "Mother, May I" as well as cowboy and outlaw games that usually ended in quarrels about who shot whom. In the summer, we went on day long expeditions into forbidden territory -- the woods on the other side of the ...more
More about Mary Downing Hahn...