Start by marking “Deep and Meaningful Diaries from Planet Janet” as Want to Read:
Deep and Meaningful Diaries from Planet Janet

Deep and Meaningful Diaries from Planet Janet

From Dyan Sheldon, author of the best-selling CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE DRAMA QUEEN, two hilarious diaries in one satisfying volume! "The fast-paced, clever writing will keep teens eagerly reading and sharing passages with each other to the end." BOOKLIST
"Funny dialogue and a wacky setting, while still delivering a smart story." KIRKUS REVIEWS"
Published January 23rd 2007 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Deep and Meaningful Diaries from Planet Janet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep and Meaningful Diaries from Planet Janet

Shayne
May 11, 2011 Shayne rated it it was amazing
This book I read in 3-4 days and considering it's pretty thick is a big accomplishment to me.
Jennifer Wardrip
Jun 07, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Safia Abdul for TeensReadToo.com

Janet Bandry is the hilarious, awkward teenager of PLANET JANET and the sequel, PLANET JANET IN ORBIT. These two books combine together to form the fully awesome DEEP AND MEANINGFUL DIARIES FROM PLANET JANET. This book, written by the author of CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE DRAMA QUEEN, had me laughing from the first page to the last.

Janet's friends and family always sarcastically says Janet lives on her own weird planet. But to me, Janet seems like the ev
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Apr 13, 2008 Tanya (Girl Plus Books) rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I'm a fan of teen/young adult fiction. I read a fair share of it and much of it is good. Unfornately, this wasn't one. A blurb on the cover declared it to be a cross between Bridget Jones's Diary and The Secret Diary of Adrain Mole, Aged 13-3/4. I've read both of those and this was nowhere near as funny and clever. Yes, teenagers are self-absorbed creatures, and that often adds to the humor, but this just wasn't all that funny. More repetitive and boring. Yawn.
Ally
Jul 28, 2008 Ally rated it really liked it
This book started out as three stars for me, I admit it was rather slow goings in parts. But it's basically another british teen in the midst of teen angst writing a journal ( a la Georgia Nicholson) which I am a sucker for. And like the Georgia Nicholson series (by Louise Rennison), there were several moments I laughed out loud.
Dana M.
Apr 01, 2014 Dana M. rated it liked it
Good (if predictable), but very, very long.
Claire
May 29, 2013 Claire rated it really liked it
I remember this light read as being surprisingly funny and I would recommend it to anyone needing a few laughs.
Camila
Jan 14, 2012 Camila rated it really liked it
I thought that Janet was hysterical! I could not put this book down!
Joey
Dec 13, 2010 Joey rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult-lit
This had a slow start but it grew on me.
Kate
Dec 02, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing
Hilarious. A must-read!
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Laya
Laya marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Abigail
Abigail rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Gibson
Gibson marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Britny Graves
Britny Graves marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Noura
Noura marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Heidi Lindsley
Heidi Lindsley rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2015
Kiara Alaina
Kiara Alaina marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Laura added it
Aug 07, 2015
Ruwan Kannangara
Ruwan Kannangara marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Challis
Challis rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2015
Emy
Emy marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Holly M
Holly M marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Cess
Cess marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Avery
Avery marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Jess
Jess added it
Jan 21, 2015
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Sonia
Sonia marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Nitika
Nitika marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dyan Sheldon is the author of many novels for young adult readers, including the #1 New York Times bestseller CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE DRAMA QUEEN, which was made into a major motion picture. American by birth, she lives in North London.
More about Dyan Sheldon...