Start by marking “Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #3)” as Want to Read:
Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #3)

Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium #3)

3.63  ·  Rating Details ·  1,188 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The creation of three of fantasy's stellar talents, the "Trillium Saga" is a tour de force of magic, mystery, and romance. Now best-selling author Andre Norton picks up the story she began with Julian May and Marion Zimmer Bradley--a story that continues with a perilous quest into darkness. . .Once the famed triplet princess who defeated the evil sorcerer Orogastus, Kadiya ...more
Published March 1st 1994 by BantamSpectra (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Golden Trillium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Golden Trillium

Anastasia
Jul 13, 2015 Anastasia rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, 1940-1999, owned
Although this is listed as the third book in the series, it actually takes place immediately after the first. And because it's written by a different author than the second book (Blood Trillium), there are contradictory events in the two novels.

But that doesn't stop this from being a stronger story than either Black Trillium or Blood Trillium. This story is improved upon by only telling the story of one sister, Kadiya. There's no need to jump back and forth constantly and try to fit three heroin
Jun 07, 2007 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Black Trillium was a bit of a let down, but still worth a read, but most of the sequels are terrible. Golden Trillium is the only one I really enjoyed, but that's probably because Kadiya was my favorite character in the first place.
JF
Oct 01, 2016 JF rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
1.5/5 since it was not "horrible" but really is not at the same level of the previous 2.

I felt like 85% of the story was just travelling from one place to another. Most of the fantasy/magic/action was concentrated at the end. To me this was more a spin off (this being a Kadiya side quest) than a real tome. And it's like Tome 2 did not happen yet(?). There is no clear chronology but it's kind of in between tome 1 and 2.

****** Spoiler ahead************************

I have a major issue with Haramis
Ria
Sep 28, 2013 Ria rated it it was amazing
Kadiya feels the need to fulfill some unspecified quest, she sets out with her swamp friend Jagun to the mystical city of Yatlan where she finds the lost Hasitti.
Where she finds the beginning of a new evil set to destroy the kingdom.
A sweeping plague is affecting anything that lives and is sweeping the land destroying anything it touches.
When Kadiya is transported behind a magical wall she finds unexpected help from the guardians of Yatlan the Sindona, through a magical process they are brought
Mawgojzeta
While I enjoyed this book, I have issues with the series of 5 books:

If one is attempting the read these books (The Saga of the Trillium) in order, or, really, in any order, it becomes quite frustrating. The first two books in the series clearly follow one another. Not true for the final three. In fact, the final three totally disregard events in each others' books. Couldn't these women (May, Norton, Bradley) have taken an afternoon to read/skim/whatever the already published books before they we
Debbie
Jan 11, 2008 Debbie rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, adventure
Book 3 in the Saga of the Trillium (a collaboration between Marion Zimmer Bradley, Andre Norton, and Julian May). This one is by Andre Norton.

Ruwenda is in danger again. Kadiya, definitely the focus of this installment, sets out on a quest to avert a curse that may destroy everything she knows. With the help of some of the folk, she finds the Vanished Ones, who, though they disappeared long ago, may be willing to help Kadiya avert disaster.

Though this book shares some characters, with the rest
Marla Shin
Mar 04, 2014 Marla Shin rated it it was ok
This series, by three different authors, was very disappointing. It had some good parts, but the thing that pushed me out of the series was the names for alien animals that were never described. I didn't know if I was looking at horses or dinosaurs. Really bothered me.
Fredrick Danysh
Oct 10, 2011 Fredrick Danysh rated it it was ok
The princess heiresses from Black Trillium find a new enemy in the kingdon and must counter this evil. This time Kadiya has little help. In all honesty, I did not enjoy this book as much as I have many others by the same author.
Margaret
Nov 22, 2010 Margaret rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I think this was a great addition to the series. I think Kadiya really filled out as a character in this story. It was by no means as good as the first, but I think it worked as a sequel.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
third in the saga, this is a great story of magic and personal strength as three sisters learn their own power
Daniellebird
Daniellebird rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Rebecca Lane
Rebecca Lane rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2009
Giovanna
Giovanna rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Patrick
Patrick rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Mashkai
Mashkai rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2011
Michelleapril Bragg
Michelleapril Bragg rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2009
Rodney Kirby
Rodney Kirby rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Tina Kershner
Tina Kershner rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Grant
Grant rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2011
Mallory Kane
Mallory Kane rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2012
Gethsemane
Gethsemane rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2007
Gianluca
Gianluca rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2017
M. Madsen
M. Madsen rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2011
Liwayway
Liwayway rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2008
Jim King
Jim King rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2009
Elana
Elana rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2011
Goodreads Librari...: Book was wrongly numbered (in the series) 4 17 Sep 11, 2016 07:35PM
  • Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #2)
  • Lady of the Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #4)
  • The Lost Swords: Endgame
  • The Shaman (Star Stone, #1)
  • The Maze in the Mirror (G.O.D. Inc., #3)
  • DAW 30th Anniversary Fantasy
  • Storm Rising (Valdemar: Mage Storms, #2)
  • Firedrake (Dragonrealm, #1)
  • Night School
Alice Mary Norton always had an affinity to the humanities. She started writing in her teens, inspired by a charismatic high school teacher. First contacts with the publishing world led her, as many other contemporary female writers targeting a male-dominated market, to choose a literary pseudonym. In 1934 she legally changed her name to Andre Alice. The androgynous Andre doesn't really say "male" ...more
More about Andre Norton...

The Saga of the Trillium (5 books)
  • Black Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #1)
  • Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #2)
  • Lady of the Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #4)
  • Sky Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #5)