Start by marking “Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #3)” as Want to Read:
Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #3)

Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium #3)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  1,005 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The creation of three of fantasy's stellar talents, the "Trillium Saga" is a tour de force of magic, mystery, and romance. Now best-selling author Andre Norton picks up the story she began with Julian May and Marion Zimmer Bradley--a story that continues with a perilous quest into darkness. . .Once the famed triplet princess who defeated the evil sorcerer Orogastus, Kadiya ...more
Published March 1st 1994 by BantamSpectra (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Golden Trillium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Golden Trillium

Anastasia
Although this is listed as the third book in the series, it actually takes place immediately after the first. And because it's written by a different author than the second book (Blood Trillium), there are contradictory events in the two novels.

But that doesn't stop this from being a stronger story than either Black Trillium or Blood Trillium. This story is improved upon by only telling the story of one sister, Kadiya. There's no need to jump back and forth constantly and try to fit three heroin
Black Trillium was a bit of a let down, but still worth a read, but most of the sequels are terrible. Golden Trillium is the only one I really enjoyed, but that's probably because Kadiya was my favorite character in the first place.
Ria
Kadiya feels the need to fulfill some unspecified quest, she sets out with her swamp friend Jagun to the mystical city of Yatlan where she finds the lost Hasitti.
Where she finds the beginning of a new evil set to destroy the kingdom.
A sweeping plague is affecting anything that lives and is sweeping the land destroying anything it touches.
When Kadiya is transported behind a magical wall she finds unexpected help from the guardians of Yatlan the Sindona, through a magical process they are brought
Mawgojzeta
While I enjoyed this book, I have issues with the series of 5 books:

If one is attempting the read these books (The Saga of the Trillium) in order, or, really, in any order, it becomes quite frustrating. The first two books in the series clearly follow one another. Not true for the final three. In fact, the final three totally disregard events in each others' books. Couldn't these women (May, Norton, Bradley) have taken an afternoon to read/skim/whatever the already published books before they we
Marla Shin
This series, by three different authors, was very disappointing. It had some good parts, but the thing that pushed me out of the series was the names for alien animals that were never described. I didn't know if I was looking at horses or dinosaurs. Really bothered me.
Debbie
Book 3 in the Saga of the Trillium (a collaboration between Marion Zimmer Bradley, Andre Norton, and Julian May). This one is by Andre Norton.

Ruwenda is in danger again. Kadiya, definitely the focus of this installment, sets out on a quest to avert a curse that may destroy everything she knows. With the help of some of the folk, she finds the Vanished Ones, who, though they disappeared long ago, may be willing to help Kadiya avert disaster.

Though this book shares some characters, with the rest
Elar
It had inconsistency with other stories in the series, but other than that it was nice story.
Sharon Geisen
Book 3 with Kadiya in the star role of this book.
Fredrick Danysh
The princess heiresses from Black Trillium find a new enemy in the kingdon and must counter this evil. This time Kadiya has little help. In all honesty, I did not enjoy this book as much as I have many others by the same author.
Margaret
I think this was a great addition to the series. I think Kadiya really filled out as a character in this story. It was by no means as good as the first, but I think it worked as a sequel.
Theresa
third in the saga, this is a great story of magic and personal strength as three sisters learn their own power
Lisa
GOLDEN TRILLIUM by Andre Norton (1993)
Necmettin Begiter
Necmettin Begiter marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Bonny Rogerson
Bonny Rogerson marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
wenchiebrat
wenchiebrat marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Richard Greenawalt
Richard Greenawalt marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Gonia
Gonia added it
Aug 10, 2015
  • Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #2)
  • Lady of the Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #4)
  • The Lost Swords: Endgame
  • Yvgenie (Russian Stories, #3)
  • The Robin & The Kestrel (Bardic Voices, #2)
  • DAW 30th Anniversary Fantasy
  • Dark Magic (The Godwars, #2)
  • The Maze in the Mirror (G.O.D. Inc., #3)
Alice Mary Norton always had an affinity to the humanities. She started writing in her teens, inspired by a charismatic high school teacher. First contacts with the publishing world led her, as many other contemporary female writers targeting a male-dominated market, to choose a literary pseudonym. In 1934 she legally changed her name to Andre Alice. The androgynous Andre doesn't really say "male" ...more
More about Andre Norton...

The Saga of the Trillium (5 books)
  • Black Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #1)
  • Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #2)
  • Lady of the Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #4)
  • Sky Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #5)
The Elvenbane (Halfblood Chronicles, #1) Elvenblood (Halfblood Chronicles, #2) Elvenborn (Halfblood Chronicles, #3) Witch World (Witch World Series 1: Estcarp Cycle, #1) The Time Traders (Time Traders/ Ross Murdock, #1)