Start by marking “The Other Side of Death” as Want to Read:
The Other Side of Death

The Other Side of Death

"I saw and felt the most beautiful luminous blue. I was serene, tranquil, free, and could happily have stayed there forever."
Jan Price was destined not to linger in paradise but to return to the physical world and the body she had left behind during a nearly fatal heart attack.
This book is Jan's account of her near-death experience and the many precious lessons it taught h
Published March 12th 1996 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about The Other Side of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Side of Death

Sabrina Rutter
Mar 26, 2010 Sabrina Rutter rated it did not like it
I read all the way to page 91 before I decided I had all I could take of this new-age dogma.
This lady claims to have made contact with spiritual teachers during a meditation and then during her NDE she meets up with one of those teachers in the place where all your questions are answered. Then she claims to have seen a friend sitting in her spirit form on her death bed smiling. It was all just to much and I like to read about peoples NDE's.
This book seemed more aimed at giving you another spiri
Stacey M
Feb 07, 2012 Stacey M rated it it was ok
Wasn't impressed. I didn't doubt anything that she said, I just believe we see what our beliefs are. I thought it odd that her dog, who had passed, was who she spent most of her time on the other side with during her NDE. Why not her mother or close friend who had passed... There were sooooo many quoted writings and a whole lot of fluff. I think her actual story could have been written in 2 chapters, but in order to publish she had to make it longer, hence all the quotes.
Viki
Nov 01, 2011 Viki rated it really liked it
For a believer in the afterlife, this memoir was so reassuring to me. I heard that Steve Job's last words were, "Wow, Wow! I hope he was seeing what Jan Price experienced in her near death experience. Her descriptions of the beautiful colors, the meaning of time, and our agelessness confirmed my thoughts of heaven. For a non-believer, this recollection of experiences would certainly be something to ponder.
Slavina Ivanova
Slavina Ivanova rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Verna
Verna rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2013
Hari
Hari rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Allison Kuznia
Allison Kuznia rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2014
Shari Odell
Shari Odell rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2010
Evelyn Witman
Evelyn Witman marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Tola Odulate
Tola Odulate marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Brenda Roberts
Brenda Roberts marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Judy Noel
Judy Noel is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014