Start by marking “Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking” as Want to Read:
Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking

Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking

2.72 of 5 stars 2.72  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Jay was a maharaja's heir and billionaire businessman, and he'd hired Keira as his interior designer. But why did she turn from hot to cold and then back again? Was she a manipulating gold digger who was using the red-hot chemistry between them to try to increase her financial reward?Then Jay discovered that Keira was a virgin! And, according to his code, the cost of takin ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking

Holly
This was so awful. I read this before I went to bed and now of course I can't sleep because I'm still pissed off.

Jay is a rude, loathsome, foul little beast. Death is too good for this illogical and judgmental fiend from hell. Who in their right mind could ever love this guy, much less want to be around him?! Instead of the rather nauseating descriptions of their lovemaking, I think I would have preferred scenes of CBT. Yes, for those of you who know, you just read that correctly. And I don't m
willaful
Harlequin Presents made a big deal out of this book featuring their first hero from India. Apparently that was as much innovation as they could stand, because not only is he indistinguishable from Western heroes other than frequently mentioning the "Kama Sutra" -- see? See how Indian he is? He mentioned the Kama Sutra! -- but he is in the classic highly old-fashioned Presents mode, thinking the heroine is a whore every time another man blinks at her. Add in a highly unsatisfying ending, in which ...more
willaful
If you must read this -- and I don't recommend it -- get a print copy. The ebook formatting has so many unnecessary hyphens, it’s like reading a romance novel written by Tik-Tok of Oz.

Classic Jordan -- scared virgin meets hero with instant, extremely inaccurate Whore-dar. Unfortunately, this was written in 2008 not 1978, and was supposed to be somewhat innovative, since it features an Indian hero. (A Maharajah’s son, of course -- this is still a modern Harlequin Presents!)

This was an accidental
Sinece Vialva
What.The.F**k.Did i just read? SPOILERSSSSSS! sorry for the obscenity but it's late and NEVER has a book pissed me off this much that I HAD to finish it and then Rant in a review.

Its after 2 in the morning and I just finished reading this monstrosity. Who the hell published this and whyyy? The hero was a complete asshole, i kept waiting for him to stop but the ENTIRE time he was a complete d**k! and then suddenly she's in love? like wtf are you even in lo
Romina
Worst hero and heroine ever. Coming off romance for a while cause this book truly disgusted me.
Joy
A disappointment.

This is one of those annoying Harlequin stories that are a waste of time. The further I read it my heart clenched and hoped that things would get better. I didn't like the characters, they only think with their bodies and everything was based on lust. I hated Jay he's such an overbearing and demeaning hero it's a wonder why the heroine is attracted to him at all aside from his physical qualities.

The author wasn't able to justify the attraction other than the devotion to ambition
Melinda
This was so bad! He's an abuser and asswipe and she is a victim. I kept waiting for Keira to self injure herself because of the amount of emotional and mental abuse she experienced as a child and the lasting trauma of it into her adulthood.

There are certain tropes of romance that I thought had ended. The guy who thinks that you are less than dirty cannot be someone you fall in love with. How do you fall in love with someone who treats you like crap from your first meeting? He thinks she's a pro
Ms_prue
He is an abusive, domineering slimebag and she's a messed up, self-flagellating doormat. This book could be useful as a spotter's guide for disrespectful and harassing behaviour, but it doesn't work for me as a romance. Not even a little bit.
Kelley
Horribly written story. This book was almost torture to read. Would not recommend.
Rexanne Cosico
A classic Harlequin tale, haha.
-Alpha male hero, feisty heroine
-Virgin, seduction and all cliched stuff from this line (although I must say it didn't bore me haha)
-Steamy with just the right hint of romance
-Like most books from this line, I found the ending too hurried and fast-paced :(
Jenny
I adore Penny Jordan but this book's characters were too one-dimensional.
Ariana
So, I liked this story. I won't give it five or four stars because of Jay. Even though he changed at the end, at the beginning he was the biggest jerk of all times. I can't understand how poor Keira could work with him with that horrible opinion he had about her. But the end was beautiful, I really liked the way they start trusting in each other. It took a lot of time... but it eventually end well.
Jessica
I must confess that I found it really refreshing to finally read an MB set in India with an Indian male protagonist - that made it instantly likeable. Of course, it helped that I liked the plot and the characters too!
Melanie Janvier
I didn't like jay's ephiphany. It felt rushed. Maybe if he found out her true nature on its own it would make it- practical. But i understand where his judgement comes from the whole " every apple is bad " presumption.
Tia
Decent novel, although I wasn't impressed with it, as much as Penny's other novels. I will definitely miss seeing more of Penny's novels come out. Her death was a huge loss for everyone.
Elle Markov
Jay is an ass and Keira is so messed up. she has absolutely no self respect, the characters in this book were poorly developed, the only goo thing was the sexual tension it kept you hook.
Jessie
Jessie added it
Apr 10, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Genevieve Goskie
Genevieve Goskie marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
K Lister
K Lister marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Alisha Andrews
Alisha Andrews is currently reading it
Feb 28, 2015
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
  • The Sheikh's Unwilling Wife
  • Mistress: Pregnant by the Spanish Billionaire
  • Capelli's Captive Virgin
  • Traded to the Sheikh
  • At the Sheikh's Bidding (Harlequin Presents, #2760)
  • Playboy Boss, Live-In Mistress
  • The Virgin's Secret (Harlequin Presents, #2932)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • Virgin on Her Wedding Night (Harlequin Presents, #2915)
  • The Magnate's Indecent Proposal (Taken by the Millionaire,)
  • The Sheikh's Defiant Bride (Sheikh Tycoons, #1)
  • Protected by the Prince: The Weight of the Crown
  • The Prince's Royal Concubine
  • Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...
The Sheikh's Virgin Bride (Sheikh's Arabian Nights, #1) The Demetrios Virgin The Italian Duke's Wife (By Royal Command) (Harlequin Presents #2529) The Blackmail Baby Marriage: To Claim his Twins (Romance)