Start by marking “All Balls And Glitter: My Life” as Want to Read:
All Balls And Glitter: My Life

All Balls And Glitter: My Life

Craig Revel Horwood is no stranger to controversy. As the most outspoken judge on TV sensation Strictly Come Dancing, he's notorious for his cutting put downs and frank analysis. In All Balls And Glitter, Craig is at his most honest yet - but this time, he's turning the spotlight on himself.
Published 2008 by Michael O'Mara Books Limited

To ask other readers questions about All Balls And Glitter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Balls And Glitter

Susan in Perthshire
Dec 05, 2015 Susan in Perthshire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
As a fan of Strictly Come Dancing - the original Celebrity/Pro dance programme, I knew and loved Craig. I read this wondering whether Craig would have an interesting enough life to relate. I was unprepared for how fabulously honest and entertaining his autobiography would be. Craig writes with humour and sensitivity as he describes growing up, being bullied and finding his passion in life. Definitely worth a read!
Syrdarya
I had no idea who Craig Revel Horwood was before this book was nominated for the DS Book Club. I had never watched Strictly Come Dancing (UK) or the American equivalent, Dancing With the Stars. I've never been into musicals, although occasionally I like a song from one of them and I do recognize many of the names. So, all things considered, this book should have been a real slog to finish, right? Wrong! It was fun and mostly quite interesting. Horwood's childhood in Australia was quite ...more
Laura of Lurking
Sep 08, 2013 Laura of Lurking rated it it was amazing
I has only been aware of Craig as a judge on strictly come dancing prior to picking up this book. I was in the "love to hate and boo as loudly as possible camp", so this frank and very touching autobiography of the trials and rewards in his life really surprised me in how much it hit home.

I admit going into reading this book I had many assumptions, not all of them positive of his lifestyle (although I support his sexuality, wherever it may lie, all the way). Many of those were destroyed and I sa
Angela Free
Apr 02, 2016 Angela Free rated it liked it
I can't help but feel endeared to Craig. He may be known as the Mr Nasty judge because of his comments when judging the Strictly contestants, but he really isn't nasty at all. He's simply honest, a trait he should be proud of. Well, I think so anyway. I think he's fabulous. He'd definitely be on my list of people I'd love to throw a dinner party for, he has such interesting stories to share.
Nick
Oct 10, 2014 Nick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story of his upbringing and professional background was interesting, and was what aroused my curiosity. However it's interminably intertwined with the more salacious stuff. I can see why it was described as racy on the cover. It's rude enough to shock your Nan, but not enough to offend her. In the end, it's all a bit too laborious and luvvie.
Patricia Taylor
Feb 18, 2014 Patricia Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a light pleasant read - frank and interesting insight into Craig's past both personal and professional. Always outspoken but always honest, he tells stories of his colourful past. Some are tragic, some happy, but this book gives a very real insight into what makes the man tick.
Sandy
Nov 24, 2013 Sandy rated it liked it
An old bio now finished in 2008 when Arlene Philips was still a judge on Strictly Come Dancing. What can I say? It was a very cheap read for the Kindle!

Really it was a 2.5* read but generously I gave it 3*

Interesting but not fascinating.
Michele
Dec 19, 2013 Michele rated it did not like it
Poorly written. First half dull, dull dull. Second half with some of the SCD gossip more interesting. Don't give up the day job Craig.
Sharon
Dec 23, 2014 Sharon rated it liked it
A more interesting read than what I thought it would be, namely due to the fact I know few of the people mentioned.
Andrew Embling
Dec 06, 2012 Andrew Embling rated it really liked it
As honest as his judging on Strictly, Craig entertains with a quick and easy narrative about his life story so far. An interesting and good read.
Lucy Traves
Dec 11, 2013 Lucy Traves rated it liked it
Not very well written, but a very interesting and honest autobiography. The parts about his father's alcoholism, and its effect on the whole family, is very moving.
Fiona Miller
Oct 28, 2013 Fiona Miller rated it liked it
Not well written but brutally honest and very interesting. Quite a colourful past. A brave man full of ambition and passion and a touchingly deep love for his family.
Katrina Saunders
Katrina Saunders rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
Cally
Cally rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Benton
Benton rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Elaine Wright
Elaine Wright rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2014
Hazel Bishop
Hazel Bishop rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Will Merrifield
Will Merrifield rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Beckie Humphries
Beckie Humphries rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Kelly Zilz
Kelly Zilz rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Susan Dovinson
Susan Dovinson rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2009
Karen W
Karen W rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Laura rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2012
Claire
Claire rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Young Man's Passage
  • Absolute Pandemonium: My Louder Than Life Story
  • John Bishop: How Did All This Happen?
  • Last Man Standing: Tales from Tinseltown
  • Small Man in a Book
  • Don't You Know Who I Am?
  • No Holding Back