Start by marking “The Beauty Diet: Looking Great Has Never Been So Delicious” as Want to Read:
The Beauty Diet: Looking Great Has Never Been So Delicious

The Beauty Diet: Looking Great Has Never Been So Delicious

The secret to glowing skin, brighter eyes, whiter teeth, shinier hair, and stronger nails

According to nationally known nutritionist Lisa Drayer, it’s not what you put on your body, but what you put in your body that makes you beautiful. Drayer's groundbreaking guide reveals the Top 10 Beauty Foodsnature’s best kept secrets for glowing skin, fuller hair, healthier nails,

Published October 20th 2008 by McGraw-Hill (first published September 29th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Beauty Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beauty Diet

Amanda
Oct 04, 2016 Amanda marked it as abandoned-incomplete
This book really could have been an article. Rarely have I read anything so repetitive. However, the science is sound (these foods are really good for you and getting your vitamins and minerals and antioxidants from food sources rather than supplements has been proven to be more effective) and by “diet” the author does not mean “weight loss diet” but rather the now almost-archaic original meaning of “a selection of foods habitually eaten.”

[This review originally appeared on my blog. You can see
Queen  Diva
Apr 09, 2009 Queen Diva rated it liked it
This book is more of a reference book. It's not a book that you just sit down and read cover to cover. It's more of a book you read when you are looking to find foods that will enhance certain body parts and areas to maintain great health. There's nothing new in this book if you eat fruits and vegetables as well as drink a lot of water that is really all that is needed other than adding exercise and well balanced meals. I was a little disappointed because I thought there would be more to it.
Krystal Esmi
Aug 15, 2011 Krystal Esmi rated it liked it
I rate this book 3.5 stars. I liked it a lot. This book was about eating right and maintaining a complete healthy lifestyle (nothing new), but I liked her delivery. The recipes in this book are what really kept me reading. The food was delicious, the ingredients were affordable, and the recipes were easy to follow. I would read this again, and I would share this book with others.
Amanda
Apr 12, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
Lisa has some great points about what you put into your body and how it affects everything. She doesn't just tell you what to eat, she tells you the science behind why you should. I really love that she has a top 10 list, it makes it so easy to hit some of those foods everyday.
Jenny Rebecca
Mar 30, 2009 Jenny Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: diet-excercise
I didn't really learn anything different from this book. Same things I'd read elsewhere. But it was still an interesting flip through.
Lee
Lee rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2012
Vita
Vita rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2011
Kay
Kay rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Reina
Reina rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2012
Caroline Lawry
Caroline Lawry rated it did not like it
Oct 18, 2014
Donna cook
Donna cook rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
Velia
Velia rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2011
Pam
Pam rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2014
Ana Maria Cardoso
Ana Maria Cardoso rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2013
Patty Crawford
Patty Crawford rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2009
cajunqueen
cajunqueen rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2011
Adela
Adela rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Coco_Chanel
Coco_Chanel rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2013
Peaches
Peaches rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2012
Neeva
Neeva rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it did not like it
Dec 05, 2012
Zebra Three
Zebra Three rated it it was ok
Oct 28, 2011
Natellak
Natellak rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Woodseli
Woodseli rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2014
BZ George
BZ George rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Bione Dudley
Bione Dudley rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2010
Laura rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2013
Teresa Reynolds
Teresa Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2012