Start by marking “Dads Say the Dumbest Things: From the Labor Movement to the Weather Underground, One Family's Century of Conscience” as Want to Read:

Fatherly expressions so dumb, they're funny.
Here's the perfect gift for the father who thinks he knows everything -- and the family that has to put up with him.
Dads Say the Dumbest Things! contains all of the mindless expressions and advice that fathers offer when they can't think of anything intelligent to say, like these:

I'm the boss and what I say goes.

Why? Because
Published April 15th 1990 by Meadowbrook (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Dads Say the Dumbest Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dads Say the Dumbest Things

Selwa
Aug 30, 2016 Selwa rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
This was hilarious when I was 9! At 35, I cracked the occasional smile :)

Also, I never heard any of these when I was growing up!
Joel
Joel rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2016
Cheryl
Dec 28, 2013 Cheryl rated it liked it
Recommended to Cheryl by: friends of the library
A cute collection of sayings that are funny because so many of us heard them growing up.
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2012
Randy
Randy marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Puretruths
Puretruths marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2013
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2016
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2016
I was born on June 1, 1941. My first home was an apartment in Manhattan's Upper West Side, a neighborhood that overlooked the George Washington Bridge. Soon after kindergarten, my family moved to Scarsdale, which seemed to be “in the country.” In high school, I broke my ankle when I went out for the lacrosse team, so I wrote a sports column for the school newspaper. I don't think I showed any ...more
More about Bruce Lansky...