Start by marking “The Prairie Fire” as Want to Read:
The Prairie Fire

The Prairie Fire

A young boy's heroic efforts to help his parents save their prairie homestead.
Published January 1st 2001 by Orca Book Publishers (first published September 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Prairie Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prairie Fire

Sandie
Oct 01, 2014 Sandie rated it really liked it
I thought my daughter would be bored with this book, that maybe it was to long for her. But she remained captivated clear to the end. When I asked her how she liked it, she said it was good but kind of sad.

This is a fairly realistic book I think about fires on the prairie and the way life was when this took place. I thought it was very well written and the illustrations were also very nice.

Canadian Reader
Jun 19, 2014 Canadian Reader rated it it was amazing
The grade 3 students to whom I annually read this book as part of an early settler unit love this book. The illustrations are lovely and the message about how a boy becomes a man, playing an important role during a fire is powerful.
Audrey
Audrey rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Jie Gao
Jie Gao rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Dahlia Bella McNeice
Dahlia Bella McNeice rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2009
Jacqueline
Very nice book! I wondered if it would be too much for Anna but she was captivated by it
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Luisa
Luisa rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
May 07, 2013
Cheriee Weichel
Cheriee Weichel rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Ezzi
Ezzi added it
Nov 10, 2012
Johnzhao
Johnzhao marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Marilynn Reynolds was born in Sudbury, Ontario, but has spent most of her life on the Prairies. This life, combined with her mother's and grandparents' experiences growing up in wide-open spaces, gave her a wealth of story material and a unique look at early Canadian life.

Marilynn lives with her husband in Edmonton, where, after graduating from the University of Alberta, she worked as a reporter
More about Marilynn Reynolds...