Start by marking “Amazing Dolphins!” as Want to Read:
Amazing Dolphins!

Amazing Dolphins!

Did you know that dolphins . . .

are small whales!
can live in rivers!
whistle to one another!
are sometimes pink!
Featuring outstanding full-color photographs from the Wildlife Conservation Society, Amazing Dolphins! is the latest title in an award-winning I Can Read Book series that takes readers into the amazing world of animals.
Published May 9th 2006 by HarperCollins (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Amazing Dolphins!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amazing Dolphins!

Yiyu Guo
Mar 05, 2017 Yiyu Guo rated it it was amazing
If you love dolphins, you will love this book. It is very informative, and describes all aspects of dolphins. It describes sounds dolphins make, and what those sounds mean. Where do dolphins live, how they breath, and how they help each other. As a grown-up I learned something new about dolphins. The book also provides some background about the author and why the author wrote the book. It used real pictures for illustration which I think is a good idea to help children learn about animals.
Aubrey
Oct 24, 2011 Aubrey added it
Amazing Dolphins This week I read a short story called Amazing Dolphin. This story was written by Sarah Thompson. Dolphins use sounds to get the attention of other dolphins. Dolphins are mammals and need to breath oxygen. They use their hole to breath oxygen. On page 16 it says there are about 37 different kids of dolphins. Some live together to help each other. They are called schools. We must stop throwing trash in the oceans and stop people from killing the dolphins. I picked this book becaus ...more
Minyi
May 22, 2013 Minyi rated it it was amazing
This book is good and it gives all aspects of dolphins. It used real pictures for illustration, and it is very informative. It shows dolphins’ life such as what things they eat, what sounds they made, how they breathe, and how dolphins help each other out. I even learned something new. Dolphins use sounds to communicate with other dolphins. The sounds are unique for each dolphin. It reminds me the similarity the unique of human’s fingerprint.
Kristine Cook
The straightforward text is generally well-laid over beautiful, full-color pictures (the only notable exception is pages 28 and 29 with black text on dark blue water). Facts are simply put but very informative about all aspects of dolphins.
Terry
This is a wonderful book for the facts (I even learned something new) and the text was appropriate for the reading level.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub®.
Leslie Fisher
Interesting book. I actually learned a lot about dolphins while reading this book to my kids.
Readergirl77
Nov 21, 2013 Readergirl77 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nathans-shelf
Nathan loves dolphins and him doing dolphin noises as he learned more about them was priceless.
Brittany
Aug 29, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
A great introcuction to learning about dolphins for the beginning reader. Great pictures and enough interesting facts to keep kids interested.
Andrea Labonte
Dec 07, 2013 Andrea Labonte rated it it was amazing
I love Dolphins so this book fitted me very well.
Jonathon James
Oct 21, 2013 Jonathon James rated it really liked it
This book is very good to teach young students about marine life, especially, as the title suggests, dolphins. It seems especially good at keeping them interested with its illustrations.
Sarah Adamson
A nice very basic introduction to Dolphins for kids. Clear and filled with good pictures. Nice choice of words for the early readers.
Cindy
Nov 12, 2010 Cindy rated it it was amazing
I think that this book is good by giving it a picture of the dolphins and puts it in order by the body parts and how they eat.
Juliza J
Mar 07, 2012 Juliza J rated it it was amazing
It is a book about the sounds dolphins make and why they do!
CRW
CRW rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Bennett Hobbs
Bennett Hobbs rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2017
Edward Creter
Edward Creter rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Jenna Beaulieu
Jenna Beaulieu rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2017
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2014
Berk
Berk rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
Brandon Bradshaw
Brandon Bradshaw rated it liked it
May 21, 2017
Alfajirikali
Alfajirikali rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2011
Dillon
Dillon rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Brynna
Brynna rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Janai A
Janai A rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
J. Renee
J. Renee rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2012
Kari
Kari rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2009
Krista Schmidt
Krista Schmidt rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2015