Start by marking “Amazing Dolphins!” as Want to Read:
Amazing Dolphins!

Amazing Dolphins!

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Did you know that dolphins . . .

are small whales!
can live in rivers!
whistle to one another!
are sometimes pink!
Featuring outstanding full-color photographs from the Wildlife Conservation Society, Amazing Dolphins! is the latest title in an award-winning I Can Read Book series that takes readers into the amazing world of animals.
Published May 9th 2006 by HarperCollins (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Amazing Dolphins!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amazing Dolphins!

Oct 24, 2011 Aubrey added it
Amazing Dolphins This week I read a short story called Amazing Dolphin. This story was written by Sarah Thompson. Dolphins use sounds to get the attention of other dolphins. Dolphins are mammals and need to breath oxygen. They use their hole to breath oxygen. On page 16 it says there are about 37 different kids of dolphins. Some live together to help each other. They are called schools. We must stop throwing trash in the oceans and stop people from killing the dolphins. I picked this book becaus ...more
Sarah Adamson
A nice very basic introduction to Dolphins for kids. Clear and filled with good pictures. Nice choice of words for the early readers.
Leslie Fisher
Interesting book. I actually learned a lot about dolphins while reading this book to my kids.
This book is good and it gives all aspects of dolphins. It used real pictures for illustration, and it is very informative. It shows dolphins’ life such as what things they eat, what sounds they made, how they breathe, and how dolphins help each other out. I even learned something new. Dolphins use sounds to communicate with other dolphins. The sounds are unique for each dolphin. It reminds me the similarity the unique of human’s fingerprint.
This is a wonderful book for the facts (I even learned something new) and the text was appropriate for the reading level.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub.
Kristine Cook
The straightforward text is generally well-laid over beautiful, full-color pictures (the only notable exception is pages 28 and 29 with black text on dark blue water). Facts are simply put but very informative about all aspects of dolphins.
Jonathon James
This book is very good to teach young students about marine life, especially, as the title suggests, dolphins. It seems especially good at keeping them interested with its illustrations.
A great introcuction to learning about dolphins for the beginning reader. Great pictures and enough interesting facts to keep kids interested.
I think that this book is good by giving it a picture of the dolphins and puts it in order by the body parts and how they eat.
Nathan loves dolphins and him doing dolphin noises as he learned more about them was priceless.
Juliza J
It is a book about the sounds dolphins make and why they do!
Andrea Labonte
I love Dolphins so this book fitted me very well.
Bel added it
Sep 23, 2015
Mrs Grande
Mrs Grande marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Yvonne added it
Jul 28, 2015
Lisa added it
Jun 19, 2015
Tara added it
Jun 07, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Small Wonders
Small Wonders marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Trisha added it
Apr 13, 2015
Diana Gutierrez
Diana Gutierrez marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015