The Falcon & the Dove (Khamsin Egyptian #1)

The Falcon & the Dove (Khamsin Egyptian #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  125 ratings  ·  9 reviews
THE LEGEND
In the 18th Dynasty of Egypt, there was born a love that could never be broken--that of a young queen and a great warrior. And while the warrior's duty to combat the infidel was strict, and though his beloved was the wife of Pharaoh, the two would be separated only by death. But then only for a time.

THE LOVERS
Elizabeth Summers came to the dig at Akhetaten in 1892...more
Mass Market, 308 pages
Published November 2002

MelissaB
I enjoyed this historical romance set in the Egyptian desert in the late 1890's. The story was full of adventure, it felt like The Mummy movie but with an Egyptian/Desert Lord hero. I enjoyed the feel of the book, it included a lot of details about the location. The heroine was slightly annoying sometimes but I still enjoyed the overall story and the hero was really hot.
Jane Stewart
Morgan
11/5/13:
Still reading, and doing my best to ignore the errors poppy up due, I'm sure, to OCR scanning software. But this one. Well, the sentence below sent me into gales of laughter.

He was hunger and fury and need all pummeling through her, a thousand and one tunas beating every single nerve in her body, demanding to free the passions buried deep inside her

Please, Bonnie, Please go back and proof your copy then update the Smashwords file. I beg you! Assure me "tunas" is a typo

Despite the errors...more
Gina
I really liked this book. I felt like i was completely immersed in that time in Egypt. I really liked the main characters, but wished there could've been more time for their relationship to form.
Alice
I just couldn't finish this one. Got about half way through and wanted to strangle the heroine so much it just wasn't worth finishing.
Ann Noell
lost interest, story could not hold my attention.
Joy
2.5

Elizabeth is in Egypt to steal a herbal code imbedded in an ancient but buried disk, the Almha. What she doesn't count on is the fierce opposition from Sheik Jabari and his tribe, protectors of the Almha who are just as determined she will not be successful. It would have saved an entire book if she'd simply been honest with Jabari from the start but then where's the fun and debate in that?

For an intelligent woman knowledgeable in the 18th century dynasty Elizabeth was too dense for believabi...more
Nandar
Timeless Romance
I absolutely love this book. The legend is so amazing and the love between Elizabeth and teh Sheik was O-M-G. I can never get enough of this book. I love the fact that Elizabeth changed the Sheik for the better of course. And I love the fact that the Sheik loved her Elizabeth first. there was unforgettable parts in this book.
Trystan
Enchanting...
Cheryl Wronka
Cheryl Wronka marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Mayu
Mayu marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Noelle
Noelle marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Steven West
Steven West marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
dksport03
dksport03 marked it as to-read
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Micaela Martin
Micaela Martin marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Sabine Taylor
Sabine Taylor marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Governess and the Sheikh (Armstrong Sisters #2)
  • The Panther and the Pearl
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • The Sheik and the Runaway Princess (Desert Rogues #4)
  • Cheyenne Song
  • Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)
  • Lakota Love Song
  • The Desert King
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
  • In The Sheikh's Marriage Bed (Harlequin Presents, #2453)
  • Kismet
  • Beyond Sunrise
  • Lord of the Desert
  • The Inherited Bride
  • The Christmas Knight
  • Bitterleaf
  • Fires of Paradise (Bragg Saga, #5)
Bonnie Vanak fell in love with romance novels during childhood. While cleaning a hall closet, she discovered her mother’s cache of paperbacks and started reading. Thus began a passion for romance and a lifelong dislike for housework.

After years of newspaper reporting, Bonnie became a writer for a major international charity. She travels to destitute countries such as Haiti to write about famine, d...more
More about Bonnie Vanak...
The Mating Chase (Werewolves of Montana, #1) Taken by the Alpha Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #0.5) The Mating Hunt (Werewolves of Montana, #2) The Empath (Draicon Werewolves, #1) Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)