Start by marking “The Falcon & the Dove (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Falcon & the Dove (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #1)

The Falcon & the Dove (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind #1)

In the 18th Dynasty of Egypt, there was born a love that could never be broken--that of a young queen and a great warrior. And while the warrior's duty to combat the infidel was strict, and though his beloved was the wife of Pharaoh, the two would be separated only by death. But then only for a time.

Elizabeth Summers came to the dig at Akhetaten in 1892
Mass Market, 308 pages
Published November 2002

To ask other readers questions about The Falcon & the Dove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Falcon & the Dove

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingThe Raven by Edgar Allan PoeMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsOne Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
Books with birds in the title
366th out of 735 books — 172 voters
The Duke of Shadows by Meredith DuranAs You Desire by Connie BrockwayOutlander by Diana GabaldonNot Quite a Husband by Sherry ThomasMr. Impossible by Loretta Chase
Historical Romance From Around The World
88th out of 168 books — 51 voters

More lists with this book...

*~*shanon*~* rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2008
Barbara ★
Barbara ★ rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2009
Timeless Romance
I absolutely love this book. The legend is so amazing and the love between Elizabeth and teh Sheik was O-M-G. I can never get enough of this book. I love the fact that Elizabeth changed the Sheik for the better of course. And I love the fact that the Sheik loved her Elizabeth first. there was unforgettable parts in this book.
I enjoyed this historical romance set in the Egyptian desert in the late 1890's. The story was full of adventure, it felt like The Mummy movie but with an Egyptian/Desert Lord hero. I enjoyed the feel of the book, it included a lot of details about the location. The heroine was slightly annoying sometimes but I still enjoyed the overall story and the hero was really hot.
Jane Stewart
Sep 16, 2010 Jane Stewart rated it did not like it
Pam rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2011
Nov 03, 2011 Alice rated it did not like it
I just couldn't finish this one. Got about half way through and wanted to strangle the heroine so much it just wasn't worth finishing.
Christina rated it liked it
May 26, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Gina rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I felt like i was completely immersed in that time in Egypt. I really liked the main characters, but wished there could've been more time for their relationship to form.
Ladyvixen rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2012
Mel rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2012
Ann Noell
lost interest, story could not hold my attention.
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Emily (Mrs B's Books) rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2012
Sue rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Joy rated it it was ok

Elizabeth is in Egypt to steal a herbal code imbedded in an ancient but buried disk, the Almha. What she doesn't count on is the fierce opposition from Sheik Jabari and his tribe, protectors of the Almha who are just as determined she will not be successful. It would have saved an entire book if she'd simply been honest with Jabari from the start but then where's the fun and debate in that?

For an intelligent woman knowledgeable in the 18th century dynasty Elizabeth was too dense for believabi
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2013
Katie rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Jenna Bensinger
Jenna Bensinger rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Beryl Mack
Beryl Mack rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2013
Sep 09, 2013 Trystan rated it liked it
Zita K.
Zita K. rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2013
Nov 05, 2013 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still reading, and doing my best to ignore the errors poppy up due, I'm sure, to OCR scanning software. But this one. Well, the sentence below sent me into gales of laughter.

He was hunger and fury and need all pummeling through her, a thousand and one tunas beating every single nerve in her body, demanding to free the passions buried deep inside her

Please, Bonnie, Please go back and proof your copy then update the Smashwords file. I beg you! Assure me "tunas" is a typo

Despite the errors
E rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Does anyone else think that Vanak watched the Mummy Returns and thought “I could recycle that”?

I felt like there were too many plot holes. Like the “haram” and the fact that Elizabeth knew her uncle wasn’t on the up and up and she still helped him escape, I mean she is supposed to be fairly intelligent right?
Lauren rated it did not like it
Feb 20, 2015
Gina Batac
Gina Batac rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2015
Tainisha Densmore
Tainisha Densmore rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Everett rated it did not like it
Dec 24, 2015
Fair warning : this is a rant

a sheikh story with a historical tone is pretty unique... loved the concept but I have some issues with the characters. They say the heroine is their queen returned but the elders don't accept her properly.. they want the queen but under the rule of the sheikh.. they believe in the dove sign but take issue when they find out it's her pet... what does it matter if its a wild dove or a pet one as long as its the sign you are looking for... the people believe only parts
Anto rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • The Panther and the Pearl
  • Desert Eden (Devereaux Family #3)
  • Mirage
  • The Sheik and the Runaway Princess (Desert Rogues #4)
  • Desert Captive
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • Cheyenne Song
  • The Sheik's Command (Sahara Kings #1)
  • In The Sheikh's Marriage Bed
  • Beyond Sunrise
  • The Sheik Retold
  • The Arabian Mistress
  • Innocent in the Harem
  • Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
  • Handcuffed to the Sheikh (Novella)
  • Lord of the Desert
Bonnie Vanak fell in love with romance novels during childhood. While cleaning a hall closet, she discovered her mother’s cache of paperbacks and started reading. Thus began a passion for romance and a lifelong dislike for housework.

After years of newspaper reporting, Bonnie became a writer for a major international charity. She travels to destitute countries such as Haiti to write about famine, d
More about Bonnie Vanak...

Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind (7 books)
  • The Tiger & the Tomb (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #2)
  • The Cobra & the Concubine (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #3)
  • The Panther & the Pyramid (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #4)
  • The Sword & the Sheath (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #5)
  • The Scorpion & the Seducer (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #6)
  • The Lady & the Libertine (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #7)