Start by marking “Down Where My Love Lives” as Want to Read:
Down Where My Love Lives

Down Where My Love Lives

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  336 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Collected together for the first time--Dylan and Maggie's love story.

"Down Where My Love Lives" is a bittersweet yet triumphant love story--a tale of one man's spiritual journey through the darkness of despair into the light of hope.

"The Dead Don't Dance" was "New York Times" best-selling author Charles Martin's debut novel. Even then, the deep characters and emotional pow
Published December 30th 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Down Where My Love Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down Where My Love Lives

Stephanie (Fannie)
This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read, in my life. To endure so much at once and to have your faith tested time after time...... and always come out on top. This is a fictional story, but it's realistic. I can relate to both Dylan and Maggie in so many ways. Their story made me sit back and look at my own life and my struggles and my relationships. What I can work on and what I need to let go of. This is a reminder for me that He is always there. Everyone has struggles in th ...more
Rachel
This book contains Charles Martin's first book "The Dead Don't Dance" and its sequel, "Maggie." I have to say I liked "The Dead Don't Dance" much better then "Maggie."

In "The Dead Don't Dance" Maggie gives birth to a stillborn boy and has her own problems with hemeroging, and ends up in a coma for months. The story is about her husband (and I hate to say I can't remember his name) and how he deals with everything. You feel for him and his anger, frustration, loneliness, etc. You can tell how the
Olya
A little too much pain & loss for one life, but I could not let it down 'till I finished... both novels.
Em
May 18, 2014 Em added it
no thanks, not into faith-based lit.
Pattie
To sum it up quickly,... beautiful writing, way sappy story line. Charles Martin has a way of painting a story with words. I was hooked by the end of chapter one, but sadly the storyline quickly peaked and for me went downhill from there. What I did enjoy all the way through to the end was his writing.
Kimberly
This book contains The Dead Don't Dance and the sequel Maggie. The Dead Don't Dance was a little slow. I would rae it a 3. I loved Maggie. The story kept me guessing through every chapter. Most of the character development occured in The Dead Don't Dance. Most of the action occurred in Maggie.
Brenda Martin
Maybe I would have liked it more if I had read both books separately, but both together in one book seemed a bit much. I thought the first one kind of drug, and the second had all the action. It was fine, but not one I loved...
Kevin Harris
You need to read Charles Martin. He writes great stories that blend faith, friendship, love and commitment. I am not a big fiction reader, but have read all of Charles' stuff beginning last year.
Allison Brown
Turns out, this book is just a combination of his novels The Dead Don't Dance and Maggie. Both novels are great, if you haven't read them you should check them out.
Robin Patchen
Beautiful writing combined with a heart-wrenching story, this combination of two books, The Dead Don't Dance and Maggie, is a great read.
Faith
A must read and you won't be able to put it down So moving when you read any of his books you feel like you are part of the story
Amber
This book contains two stories and they are both pretty intense, in the suspenseful sort of way. I really enjoyed them!
Patsy Stowe
I love Martin's writing style. I found myself wanting to reread this book once I finished.
Carrie Cash
True to all Charles Martin's books, emotional with a rewarding ending!
Lacey Mason
Some parts were rather slow, but ultimately enjoyed it.
Jo
these were ok. a no-brainer beach read.
Benje
LOVE LOVE LOVE..............

Shannon
Excellent book. Heart-wrenching.
Lauren Daniels
Lauren Daniels marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Shay
Shay marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Beatriz
Beatriz marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Samantha Aronow
Samantha Aronow marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Jenny Ratliff
Jenny Ratliff marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Elisabeth
Elisabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
  • Catullus
  • Embrace Me
  • Healing Stones (Sullivan Crisp, #1)
  • A Promise to Cherish
  • Cry of My Heart
  • Greater Love (Tides of Truth, #3)
  • The Cross Gardener
  • Gifts of War
  • Trim Healthy Mama -- No More Fads!
  • Don't Take Any Wooden Nickels (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #2)
  • The Gladiator
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • They Called Me Number One: Secrets and Survival at an Indian Residential School
  • Days & Hours (Rachael Flynn, #3)
  • Uncharted
I grew up in Jacksonville, FL, on the St. John’s river. Somewhat of a Huck Finn childhood. Most afternoons were spent mullet fishing, canoeing, pegging cars with overripe tangerines—it really got fun when the red tail lights lit and the reverse gears ground metal on metal, or the backyard Superbowl which we replayed most everyday. Through high school, football was my life. School was the avenue th ...more
More about Charles Martin...
When Crickets Cry The Mountain Between Us Chasing Fireflies Where the River Ends Wrapped in Rain: A Novel of Coming Home