Wolverine: First Class - To Russia, With Love

Wolverine: First Class - To Russia, With Love (Wolverine Marvel Comics)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"TO ME, MY X-MEN You must immediately pursue Wolverine into Canada He has defected back to Alpha Flight - and taken Kitty Pryde with him " Then, the Soviet Super Soldiers have kidnapped Kitty's flame, Colossus, and she and Wolverine must brave the dangers of Russia's irradiated Forbidden Zone to save him Collects Wolverine: First Class #5-8, and Uncanny X-Men #139-140.
Published February 4th 2009 by Marvel

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodAnne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryThe Book of Negroes by Lawrence HillLife of Pi by Yann MartelThe English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
Canadian Fiction
443rd out of 498 books — 392 voters
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryThe Shipping News by Annie ProulxAlias Grace by Margaret AtwoodThe Blind Assassin by Margaret AtwoodThe Deptford Trilogy by Robertson Davies
Oh, Canada!
409th out of 463 books — 172 voters

More lists with this book...

Karla
Nice compilation of Xmen shorts, centering around Wolverine and intersecting with Kitty Pryde, Piotr the Russian Colossus, Power Pack and the Canadian Alpha Flight team. Includes an old nugget penned back in the day--didn't know that Nightcrawler was part of the original uncanny Xmen!
Jostalady
I like the variety the collection of stories offer. Even the art is distinct from story to story. It is interesting to me how the various Wolverine graphic novels I have read take a different angle on him, but there is a lot of core history and characteristics that unite them.
Molly
This was a great introduction to Wolverines story. I like that it jumps around in stories and writers. Very funny to me in many parts. Teen or Adults would enjoy never too bloody. Teen+
J.
I feel almost the same about this volume as I did about volume 1. The Canada story and the Russia story are both solid, all-ages fun. Nothing really stand-out, but entertaining enough. Like your least favorite episodes of your favorite TV show. But the other story--Wolverine babysitting four teenage girls while trying to watch a hockey game--manages to be really sweet and touching (in a teen-drama kind of way.)
Katie
It's weird to see Kitty so interested in Piotr, because you don't really see them interact at all in this series. I guess that lack really drives home the idea of one-sided puppy love.
Katie
Angela
Another 4 stories. This Kitty and Wolverine pairing continues to be fun and highly enjoyable.
Simon
I'm sure there must be some good X-men comics out there, but this ain't it bub.
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Mckinley
Includes several issues.
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Dennis Elten
Dennis Elten marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Arnis
Arnis marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Renan Veras
Renan Veras marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Pete
Pete marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Marvel Zombies 3 Marvel Zombies 4 Action Philosophers Action philosophers!: the lives and thoughts of history's A-list brain trust told in a hip and humorous fashion, Vol. 1 X-Men Noir Marvel Zombies Return