Start by marking “Wolverine: First Class - To Russia, With Love” as Want to Read:
Wolverine: First Class - To Russia, With Love

Wolverine: First Class - To Russia, With Love (Wolverine: First Class #2)

"TO ME, MY X-MEN You must immediately pursue Wolverine into Canada He has defected back to Alpha Flight - and taken Kitty Pryde with him " Then, the Soviet Super Soldiers have kidnapped Kitty's flame, Colossus, and she and Wolverine must brave the dangers of Russia's irradiated Forbidden Zone to save him Collects Wolverine: First Class #5-8, and Uncanny X-Men #139-140.
Published February 4th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine

Quentin Wallace
Dec 23, 2014 Quentin Wallace rated it really liked it
This volume is more of the same as the first. It is a little unusual how the stories seem to be aimed at younger readers, then they throw a dark story with a sad ending at you as well. I guess they want to mostly keep it light but throw a more serious story in from time to time too. The Alpha Flight story was the more serious one, then a bit of a silly one, then a 2 part story that takes place in Russia. I like it, but some, if not most, would find the stories a little too trite.
J.
Jul 26, 2013 J. rated it liked it
I feel almost the same about this volume as I did about volume 1. The Canada story and the Russia story are both solid, all-ages fun. Nothing really stand-out, but entertaining enough. Like your least favorite episodes of your favorite TV show. But the other story--Wolverine babysitting four teenage girls while trying to watch a hockey game--manages to be really sweet and touching (in a teen-drama kind of way.)
Jostalady
Jun 15, 2009 Jostalady rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I like the variety the collection of stories offer. Even the art is distinct from story to story. It is interesting to me how the various Wolverine graphic novels I have read take a different angle on him, but there is a lot of core history and characteristics that unite them.
Karla
May 03, 2009 Karla rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, teens
Nice compilation of Xmen shorts, centering around Wolverine and intersecting with Kitty Pryde, Piotr the Russian Colossus, Power Pack and the Canadian Alpha Flight team. Includes an old nugget penned back in the day--didn't know that Nightcrawler was part of the original uncanny Xmen!
Molly
Aug 24, 2009 Molly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodboyreads
This was a great introduction to Wolverines story. I like that it jumps around in stories and writers. Very funny to me in many parts. Teen or Adults would enjoy never too bloody. Teen+
Simon
Jan 31, 2013 Simon rated it did not like it
I'm sure there must be some good X-men comics out there, but this ain't it bub.
Mckinley
Oct 27, 2011 Mckinley rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics-graphic
Includes several issues.
Ondra Král
Nov 01, 2014 Ondra Král rated it liked it
Série zaměřená na mladší čtenáře, ale bavilo mě to.
Katie
May 12, 2013 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, comic-books
It's weird to see Kitty so interested in Piotr, because you don't really see them interact at all in this series. I guess that lack really drives home the idea of one-sided puppy love.
Angela
Apr 12, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
Another 4 stories. This Kitty and Wolverine pairing continues to be fun and highly enjoyable.
K.
May 12, 2013 K. rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books, mutants
Wolfwing
Wolfwing rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2013
Safraz
Safraz rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Michaelt
Michaelt rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2010
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2013
Chas
Chas rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2012
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2013
Daniel Butcher
Daniel Butcher rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2011
Kaitie
Kaitie rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2010
Mikeofmerr
Mikeofmerr rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Shannon Sporleder
Shannon Sporleder rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2011
raman
raman rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2010
Miloš
Miloš rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2012
Siina
Siina rated it really liked it
May 03, 2012
Damian
Damian rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Piotr
Piotr rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Sevan Paris
Sevan Paris rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2012
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
112080
Van Lente was raised by a mystery-loving mother (who preferred Dorothy Sayers to Agatha Christie, but we won't hold that against her) and a wisecracking Woody Allen-lookalike scientist father in what appears to be some kind of genetic experiment to write his first novel, TEN DEAD COMEDIANS, even though neither parent nor the son himself would know it for many years.

Van Lente spent his time betwee
More about Fred Van Lente...

Wolverine: First Class (5 books)
  • Wolverine: First Class - The Rookie