Start by marking “Elfquest Book #04: Quest's End” as Want to Read:
Elfquest Book #04: Quest's End

Elfquest Book #04: Quest's End (Elfquest)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  1,351 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Wolfriders have escaped the prison of Blue Mountain, but have gone from the frying pan into the fire. The Palace of the High Ones calls to them, but as they journey, they are set upon by ferocious trolls who guard the relic. Now the elves tend their wounds in the lodges of the Go-Backs and wonder... can any of them survive the First and Final War?
Published October 1st 1994 by Warp Graphics (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Elfquest Book #04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elfquest Book #04

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. Ward
The No Pants List
107th out of 446 books — 197 voters
Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon HaleAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu KibuishiLife Sucks by Jessica AbelGakuen Alice, Vol. 01 by Tachibana HiguchiSand Chronicles, Vol. 1 by Hinako Ashihara
Great Graphic Novels for Teens? 2007-2008
151st out of 163 books — 174 voters

More lists with this book...

Elizabeth Wallace
I can't even look at the cover of this book without getting a little sad (if you've read it, especially the very beginning, keeping in mind the end of Book 3, you'll know why. Man...) This was back in Elfquest's heyday obviously. Fantastic story, amazing artwork, and a wonderful conclusion to the first story arc.

Elfquest has had some great storylines since then (Kings of the Broken Wheel being one) but this story, and this book in particular, is in my opinion the best of all of them.
Lisa Feld
Trying to review these without getting spoilery is HARD. But book four is a good stopping point: some questions remain, but Cutter's original quest, to reunite the tribes and discover what happened to the High Ones, is finally within reach here.

It's interesting; this quest to figure out where the elves come from is really a quest of self-discovery on many levels. In the four books, we meet four different tribes of elves, and at each meeting, the elves are forced to confront the choices they've m
Jewels
It is truly wonderful how the Pinis have given the different tribes of elves distinct characteristics, but also allowed the commonality that makes them 'elves'. I was happy to find that Rayek had not perished, and the Go Backs are truly more human like than most of the other elven tribes. They live for the moment, but not the 'now' of wolf thought. It is more like 'eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die'. They are also a bit rougher around the edges than even the feral Wolfriders -- their f ...more
Triny
Loved It!! This is based on their war with Two-Edge an, a troll, who has not been back for very long.
chisholm
great loved it wish there was more of it
Rhiannon Graye
These are a series of graphic novels that I first read in my tweens and hold a special place in my childhood reading. I have since come back to them and re-read them several times, and for me, they continue to stand to the test of time. This series changed drastically in plot and voice after the eighth volume, and increasingly became more and more of the saccharine sweet fantasy fluff that I can't bear to read. The first eight volumes are literary treasures that I continue to cherish.
stormhawk
The first Elfquest quest ends with quite an exciting finish, with many of the characters learning more about themselves, their abilities, and each other, each of the tribes sharing their strengths and sorrows. The story remains cohesive throughout these four volumes, and Wendy Pini's art and story is drawn with an eye and mind toward continuity.
Jeremy
I know these books are dated and silly in some cases, but they were the first comics I really got into and helped me shape my love of fantasy. I also thought it was kinda cool that Cutter and Leeta were basically an interracial couple. Fitting for the way I turned out I guess.
Susan
16 re-read 12/8/2010
17 re-read 12/9/2010
18 re-read 12/11/2010
19 re-read 12/12/2010
20 re-read 12/13/2010
*21 re-read 12/14/2010 this issue was a retrospective with notes and sketches but wasn't included in any of the TPBs
Lafcadio
Feb 03, 2008 Lafcadio rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Alex
Shelves: ficus, fanscifree, window
Let me wash you clean of sights you should never have had to see-- of deeds you should never have had to do! I am the sword, the spear, the arrow. You are the flower, the tree, the vine!
Mia McInnis
Not the best ending, but not the worst: Rayek sees his place in the world, while the world seems to expand and victory is fought for by blood and blade.
Fiction Fool
I read this before I started my goodreads account. Review forthcoming in the future.
Maja
No, no, no! It can't be the end! Pheew, there are more. Okay, I'm calm now...
Grace and Madeline Eakes Meyer
the quests end what a wonderful story!!
Canita
Read review for Book 1
Melen
Melen marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
  • The Big ElfQuest Gatherum
  • The Blood of Ten Chiefs (The Blood of Ten Chiefs, #1)
  • The Books of Faerie: Auberon's Tale
  • Kabuki, Vol. 4: Skin Deep
  • The Books of Magic, Volume 3: Reckonings
  • Girl Genius, Vol. 2: Agatha Heterodyne and the Airship City (Girl Genius #2)
  • The Complete Strangers in Paradise, Volume 1
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 5 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #5)
  • A Distant Soil, Vol. 1: The Gathering
  • So Smart in Their Fine Uniforms (Arrowsmith, Book 1)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Book I
Wendy Pini is one-half of a husband and wife team with Richard Pini that created, most notably, the Elfquest series.

Wendy was born in California and adopted into the Fletcher Family in Santa Clara County. Early on, she developed as an artist and was the illustrator of her high school year book. She submitted samples of her artwork to Marvel Comics at 17 that were rejected.

Pini attended Pitzer Coll
More about Wendy Pini...

Elfquest (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Fire and Flight (ElfQuest, #1)
  • ElfQuest 2: The Forbidden Grove
  • The Complete Elfquest: Book 3: Captives of Blue Mountain (Elfquest #3)
  • Siege at Blue Mountain (Elfquest Graphic Novel Series, Book 5)
  • The Secret of Two-Edge (Elfquest Graphic Novel Series, Book 6)
  • Elfquest Graphic Novel 7: The Cry from Beyond
  • Elfquest Graphic Novel 8: Kings of the Broken Wheel
  • Elfquest The Hidden Years
  • Dreamtime (ElfQuest Reader's Collection, #8a)
  • In All But Blood (ElfQuest Reader's Collection, #8b)
Fire and Flight (ElfQuest, #1) ElfQuest 2: The Forbidden Grove The Complete Elfquest: Book 3: Captives of Blue Mountain (Elfquest #3) Siege at Blue Mountain (Elfquest Graphic Novel Series, Book 5) The Secret of Two-Edge (Elfquest Graphic Novel Series, Book 6)