Start by marking “Funerals and Fly Fishing” as Want to Read:
Funerals and Fly Fishing
Preview

Funerals and Fly Fishing

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A chill runs up one of my arms and down the other. I’ve been here all of five minutes, and I’ve already seen a dozen open caskets. Not only that, but I have a bad feeling that there’s a dead guy in here somewhere. Who knows what surprises my grandfather keeps upstairs?

Brad Stanislawski is looking forward to summer vacation, if only to get away from the classmates who make
Published May 26th 2009 by Square Fish (first published September 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Funerals and Fly Fishing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Funerals and Fly Fishing

PurpleRoyalty83
It all started at North Middle School when a sixth grader was such in a hurry to get out of school.It was the last day of school and the clock was ticking.BUZZ!The bell rung as all of the middle schoolers were rushing to get out. To Brad it was a typical Friday, but what he didn't know was that something was going to happened that would change his entire summer and maybe his life.Brad Stanislaski was a sixth grader that was from Denver.His mom was planning on going to California for business.An ...more
Calle
I was in the library picking out a book speedey fast when i saw this book lying on a shelf all alone. I read the book not in a horry just as a pace to read when i was my bored or dont want to watch t.v.

Funerals and Fly Fishing, A young man who is struggling to find his place among the bullies and troublemakers in his life. Brad Stanislawski is used to being called San-is-lousy by his fellow peers. However, after an unexpected summer vacation with his grandfather, who he has never met, Brad gains
Duane
This is a charming little book for average readers who want a nice clean book to read. It's about a boy named Brad who finds himself spending two weeks with a grandfather he doesn't even know. Finding himself living in a funeral parlor, he soon learns there's more about his mom and grandfather's relationship then even they know. A nice book that doesn't get preachy, but still passes along a message we all can understand. Predictable, but still a fun read for anyone.
Christie
Small short chapters that would be good for a younger reader. I think the intrigue was in the title, but it is just a story of a boy that met his grandfather and helped repair a relationship while starting one himself. He also learned about himself, his family and how to stand up for himself in a positive way. Not a bad book, but nothing special. Learned a new word too, Moniker, lol....
Julie
This is a fun story about a boy, Brad, who ends up being shipped off to visit his grandpa whom he has never met. Not only that, but his grandpa owns and lives in a funeral home--so Brad has to stay with dead people! As he finds out more about his grandpa, he enjoys his visit even more. It's a fun read.
Josh
Funerals and fly fishing is a great book to read it is about this kid Brian. his mother is going to california for a buisness trip and he is sent to his grandfathers house in Denver Colorado. He is stuck with his grandfather that is a Funral home owner.
Ciel Oh
this book is nice it talks about his mom's dad who she hated and he has to go spend a week or something with him and he hears some creepy stuff but it isn;t true i love this book
Lucia
Sure it is predictable, but I am an adult reading a juvenile fiction book. I hope I can figure it out. But it is a sweet, happy ending kind of book.
Kasey Laurent
I cant believe that im the only one who's reviewed this. It was a pretty good book. I'd suggest it for 5th or 6th graders.
Katie-Lee
Dec 24, 2009 Katie-Lee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Katie-Lee by: no one
This book was a Mark Twain nominee. I actually really liked it. It was a good book about finding your self.
David Spiller
For early teen readers but I liked the discriptions of fly fishing and seeing things as a child does.
Sarah Brewer
good, i read this in a book club in the 4th grade, so i dont remember too much
Emily
Aug 23, 2007 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
This is my mother's book and it is fabulous! READ IT!!
K
This is a fascinating story!
Jevans
how to exept change
Meghanmarroquin
Meghanmarroquin marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Taylor Singleton
Taylor Singleton marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
It’s no accident that my first book, FUNERALS AND FLY FISHING, was set in a funeral home. I was seven years old when my father took over a funeral business in our hometown in Pennsylvania, and our family moved into the floors above it. I still remember my first tour of the business floor. The sun shone through the dark, patterned draperies, giving the large orange flowers an eerie glow. I decided ...more
More about Mary Bartek...