Start by marking “Poisons in Our Path: Plants That Harm and Heal” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Poisons in Our Path: P...

Anne Ophelia Dowden

Poisons in Our Path: Plants That Harm and Heal

Learn about the healing and the harmful potential of plants we encounter every day in this exquisitely illustrated book. Mrs. Dowden captures the poisons, magic, and medicines in our gardens and countrysides with glorious full-color paintings and precise black-and-white drawings, as well as a clear and engaging text.
Published June 1st 1994 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Poisons in Our Path, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poisons in Our Path

Joanne
May 21, 2013 Joanne rated it really liked it
It's a great little read, with illustrations. I enjoyed the history, which surprised me, actually- I was thinking it would be more among the lines of a reference book.

The fact that the author made a point of using the Latin names of plants to be precise (we are talking about poisons, after all) while still listing the common names to help people identify what they may know them as scored very high points with me.

My only complaint is that I wish it was ten times as long. Truly, that's what would
Reading Faerie
Sep 28, 2015 Reading Faerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. :)
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2009
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2011
Karina
Karina added it
Oct 07, 2011
DrownedNymph
DrownedNymph marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
CatBookMom
CatBookMom marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Vi Lai
Vi Lai marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Janice Doyama
Janice Doyama marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Miranda
Miranda is currently reading it
Jul 02, 2016
Donnie Quinn
Donnie Quinn marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2016
Anne Ophelia Todd Dowden, a renowned and popular botanical artist whose subjects ranged from the flowers found in Shakespeare to the weeds found in New York City, was the author of more than 20 books.
She worked mainly in watercolor, producing elegantly detailed images of flowers, insects, herbs and birds.
Two of her books won awards from the American Library Association. Her work was also shown in
More about Anne Ophelia Dowden...