Start by marking “Legend of the Lost Legend (Goosebumps, #47)” as Want to Read:
Legend of the Lost Legend (Goosebumps, #47)

Legend of the Lost Legend (Goosebumps #47)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  1,101 ratings  ·  29 reviews
TALK ABOUT A HORROR STORY...

Nobody loves a good story like Justin's dad. He's a famous writer and story collector. That's how Justin and his sister, Marissa, ended up in Brovania. Their dad is searching for an ancient manuscript called 'The Lost Legend'.

Justin and Marissa want to help. But instead of finding 'The Lost Legend', they get lost. And the woods of Brovania are f...more
Published 1996 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Legend of the Lost Legend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legend of the Lost Legend

Don't Go To Sleep! by R.L. StineMoonlight Secrets by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. StineMidnight Games by R.L. StineThe Confession by R.L. Stine
R.L. Stine
38th out of 114 books — 39 voters
First Evil by R.L. StineOne Day at Horrorland by R.L. StineThe Horror at Camp Jellyjam by R.L. StineThe Barking Ghost by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. Stine
Best books of R.L Stine
23rd out of 29 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Isabel Orama
When Marissa, Justin, and their daddy goes to Europe, weird things starts to happen. One day at night when they were camping, their daddy fell asleep and marissa and her brother were awake. They couldn't sleep because they heard these snarling growling sounds that sounded like a dog. Justin wanted to see what it was, but marissa refused for him to go, but he went anyway. Justin poked his head out of the tent and spotted a white dog. The dog had a collar on, and a note was attached to that collar...more
Aug 15, 2007 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes to be bit scared.
Shelves: funbooks
Of all the Goosebumps books I read when I was a tween this is the only one I really remember. I don't know why, but the ending really really scared me.
David Santos
Some one get RL Stine for me. We really need to discuss these endings. Than again his books have sold well over 400 million copies, so these weird endings must be working. In this book we have a father traveling with his two kids, Justin and Marissa in search for the lost legend. The kids disobedient kids follow a dog late at night and that's where the science fiction stuff begins. Not a bad book. I was thinking this book would be something along the lines of Urban Legend films, but it wasn't. N...more
Joey
I loved the scary, cool book, "Legend of the Lost Legend," written by the king of creepy but cool novels, RL Stine. In it, a boy, a girl and their father go on a trip to find the only existing manuscript of a story called "Legend of the Lost Legend". If they find the manuscript they'll become rich and famous because it hasn't been found in over three hundred years. The only thing known about the manuscript is that it is contained in a treasure chest hidden somewhere in the state. At night, the b...more
Aeon Flux
Sep 10, 2007 Aeon Flux rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes spooky stories
AWSOME!
Marianna H
The book Legend of the lost legend was awesome and scary. The writing was magnificent. I could relate this book to the other goosebumps books. The strength that the book had was that two characters needed to pass a test to a treasure that they wanted.The weakness was that it never said if the whole the characters were lost forever. I would recommend this book to a classmate. If there were mores series of the this book I would like to read them too.
Colton
Not a lot of readers liked this book, and it hasn't been reprinted along with the rest of the series, unfortunately. The basic premise is bizarre (although, how many of these books aren't?). Lost Legend reminds me a lot of The Beast From the East, with the characters being lost in a strange forest filled with odd creatures. Most reviewers complain that the book just has random occurrences of stupid things happening; however, I liked the general idea and congratulate Stine for writing something t...more
Joey Getts
I loved the supercool scary book known as "Legend of the Lost Legend" which was written by the king of creepy but cool novels, R.L Stine. In it a boy, a girl, and their father go on a trip to another state because they want to find the only existing manuscript with a story called "Legend of the Lost Legend". If they find the manuscript they'll become rich and famous because somebody lost the manuscript and it hasn't been found in three hundred years. Because of the "Legend of the Lost Legend"'s...more
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

Is it just me, or are the later Goosebumps books really lacking in quality? If Legend of the Lost Legend is anything to go by then that's pretty much spot on. This feels like a number of shorter stories clumsily thrown together into one book and it falls apart fairly quickly. The ending felt like it was literally a last minute decision and that's the best he could come up with. I'm hoping the series improves after this catastrophe.

Read from Ju...more
Sarah Katherine
Blast to the past!! :D
Shock109
It was a good book, and there were some scary parts. I thought Silver Dog was going to be a werewolf or something, and when they had to take the test to get the silver chest I thought the mice were actually real, not robots. I wonder if the author planned it to have the mice then the cats, or if when she came up with all the cats, just added in the part with the mice later. I'm surprised Luka was in charge and not Ivvana. I hope you read this, just don't follow Silver Dog.
Noelle Walsh
This was one of the first Goosebumps books I read and got me interested in the series. Back then, I really loved this book, but now, not so much. I feel now that this story should have been expanded a bit more.
Ghadeer
This story is about two kids who are lost in the forest. Their father says to them that they are not useful, so they want to find the lost legend as a surprise to their father. Then, when they find the legend they become lost for the end of their lives.

Protagonist: Justin
antagonist: the strange animals in the forest
Plot: how could Justin and Marissa find the list legend
irony: when they found the lost legend they got lost!
Alysha DeShaé
I'm actually really curious now to know if there is a "lost legend" in the real world. You know, maybe there's a real story written down somewhere, but it's been so long since anyone has heard or read it that they've forgotten what the story is about. All we know is that it exists somewhere and that it should be really good if only we could find it and read it. I need that story!
Brittany
I reread this book recently because I found it at a local used bookstore. It was what got me on the reading track as a kid and will always be a personal favorite. Vikings and ghosts and lost monks traveling lost across the world and the ending as a kid was a slap in the face jaw dropper. Love. It.
Patrick
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Nyie Rombeng
the ending is dissapointed me.i guess finally they are finding the "true" lost legend.but,i think it's fake & dumb thing.
don't read this book TWICE because looks fool/stupid.the beginning is good and then the ending is awful.bleh:(
Ms.
May 25, 2009 Ms. rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: sami-c
I learned from this book that you do not want to be greedy beacause everything turns out bad. I decided to give this book only three stars because it has a good ending, but it did not catch me in the first paragraphs.
Drucilla
Very much outside the realm of normal Goosebumps books (and I'm using the term 'normal' loosely). I liked the fantasy/adventure aspect of it although the story moved really fast.
Weathervane
Bad in almost every way; definitely one of Stine's weakest stories. The plot is ridiculous,

but not in an imaginative sense. I appreciate the title, though.
Cassandra
this book is one of those that I would only choose to read once in my life.....I like most of the Goosebumbs books but this one wasnt one of them for some reason.
Molly
The entire series is corny, silly, far from scary, and bordering on stupid. But it's ADDICTIVE. It's a genuinely amusing series. Good for kicking back and relaxing.
Fabián A.
A nice story with some fillers, the robotic woods felt nothing like Goosebumps. The ending was very R. L. Stine, anyway.
Jessie
One of the lesser known Goosebumps books but just as good as the others.
Bella
I don't know why i read these… they freaked me out many years ago!
Shahd
One of my favorite teen books !
Cameron
Need a ending
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • The Discovery (Animorphs, #20)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • Blood: The Last Vampire 2002

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)