Start by marking “Uncommon Cents: Benjamin Franklin Secrets to Achieving Personal Financial Success” as Want to Read:

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  9 reviews
What if Benjamin Franklin were to manage your money?

Ben Franklin had an uncommon sense for sound money management. In this book we share the secrets which made him one of the wealthiest and most successful men in early American history. You will learn how to 1) control debt, 2) manage spending, and most importantly, 3) realize your financial dreams. Plain and practical adv

Published June 1st 1989 by Brigham Distributing (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Uncommon Cents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncommon Cents

Wendee
I picked this book up at my Mom's today. Quick read and well worth the time! Ben Franklin retired at age 42 and at that point "his money made him time." The author maps out correct financial principles that if we live by diligently, we will find success and achieve liberty... especially from debt. The author (and Franklin) suggest to live frugally, providently, and creatively. The old adage Franklin coined, "A penny saved is a penny earned" has an oxymoron, "A penny spent is a penny enjoyed." He ...more
Sandy Swain
I first read this book in the early 90s as a textbook for a college class on personal finance. I am re-reading it now--twenty years later--and with a very different perspective than I had as a newlywed college student just starting out in my financial life.

Looking over the quotes from Benjamin Franklin and what I originally learned from that college class I now more clearly see what lessons stuck and what didn't. Some of the perspectives I adopted and still hold to this day. Some of the lessons
Shelly
Interesting book, well done with graphics and variety of typeface to give the information. As someone who has read basic budgeting books and kept a strict budget for 15 years, little was new information. Good reminders. Examples were good as well, although some were extreme.

Elliot
This book contains great advise. It is an easy read and has some funny quips and quotes. It contains some forms in the appendix that help with planning and budgeting.

I only gave it 3 stars because I'm trying to be more modest in my ratings. I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning more about how to get out of debt and managing their finances.
Carrie
Aug 28, 2011 Carrie marked it as to-read
I loved Elder Robbins talk this past conference, I was looking to see if he has written any books and stumbled on this. Not the kind of book I was looking for, but can't hurt none the less.
David
This is a short financial book that follows simple money saving ideas. The little anecdotes, quotes, and pictures kept the book pretty interesting. The ideas seem smart and sound.
Keli Wright
Russell told me to read this book and it turned out really good, great book with great financial advice that anyone can understand.
Susan
Enjoyable to read and straight to the point, you can't go wrong following the financial principles laid out in this book.
LeAnn
Good basic financial principles in a fun presentation format.
Rafael Delgado
Rafael Delgado marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Adam
Adam added it
Sep 29, 2014
Courtney D
Courtney D marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Vivian
Vivian marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Freddy Setekia
Freddy Setekia marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Jeremy Jones
Jeremy Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Emily
Emily added it
Jun 24, 2013
Jakob Adler
Jakob Adler is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2013