Start by marking “Uncommon Cents: Benjamin Franklin Secrets to Achieving Personal Financial Success” as Want to Read:

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
What if Benjamin Franklin were to manage your money?

Ben Franklin had an uncommon sense for sound money management. In this book we share the secrets which made him one of the wealthiest and most successful men in early American history. You will learn how to 1) control debt, 2) manage spending, and most importantly, 3) realize your financial dreams. Plain and practical adv

Published June 1st 1989 by Brigham Distributing (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Uncommon Cents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncommon Cents

Wendee
May 26, 2009 Wendee rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up at my Mom's today. Quick read and well worth the time! Ben Franklin retired at age 42 and at that point "his money made him time." The author maps out correct financial principles that if we live by diligently, we will find success and achieve liberty... especially from debt. The author (and Franklin) suggest to live frugally, providently, and creatively. The old adage Franklin coined, "A penny saved is a penny earned" has an oxymoron, "A penny spent is a penny enjoyed." He ...more
Sandy Swain
Mar 11, 2013 Sandy Swain rated it really liked it
Shelves: money, owned
I first read this book in the early 90s as a textbook for a college class on personal finance. I am re-reading it now--twenty years later--and with a very different perspective than I had as a newlywed college student just starting out in my financial life.

Looking over the quotes from Benjamin Franklin and what I originally learned from that college class I now more clearly see what lessons stuck and what didn't. Some of the perspectives I adopted and still hold to this day. Some of the lessons
Shelly
Mar 09, 2014 Shelly rated it really liked it
Interesting book, well done with graphics and variety of typeface to give the information. As someone who has read basic budgeting books and kept a strict budget for 15 years, little was new information. Good reminders. Examples were good as well, although some were extreme.

Elliot
Sep 28, 2008 Elliot rated it liked it
This book contains great advise. It is an easy read and has some funny quips and quotes. It contains some forms in the appendix that help with planning and budgeting.

I only gave it 3 stars because I'm trying to be more modest in my ratings. I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning more about how to get out of debt and managing their finances.
Carrie
Aug 28, 2011 Carrie marked it as to-read
I loved Elder Robbins talk this past conference, I was looking to see if he has written any books and stumbled on this. Not the kind of book I was looking for, but can't hurt none the less.
David
Jun 23, 2008 David rated it really liked it
This is a short financial book that follows simple money saving ideas. The little anecdotes, quotes, and pictures kept the book pretty interesting. The ideas seem smart and sound.
Keli Wright
Mar 20, 2011 Keli Wright rated it it was amazing
Russell told me to read this book and it turned out really good, great book with great financial advice that anyone can understand.
Susan
Mar 01, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: financial
Enjoyable to read and straight to the point, you can't go wrong following the financial principles laid out in this book.
LeAnn
May 03, 2011 LeAnn rated it liked it
Good basic financial principles in a fun presentation format.
Charlyn-Mike
Charlyn-Mike marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Eric
Eric added it
Apr 14, 2016
Barb
Barb added it
Apr 12, 2016
Emily Winnie
Emily Winnie marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Danetta
Danetta marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Prodes
Prodes marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Misa
Misa marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Brett Packham
Brett Packham rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Julie Bray
Julie Bray marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Paul Rickard
Paul Rickard rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Jose Lopez
Jose Lopez rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Merline White
Merline White marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Rafael Delgado
Rafael Delgado marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
James
James rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2014