John Wayne: My Father

John Wayne: My Father

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In John Wayne: My Father, Aissa Wayne delves into her father's childhood, his film career, and his life off the screen. The result is an affecting portrait that offers a new perspective on one of America's most enduring hero's humanity.
Published January 28th 1998 by Taylor Trade Publishing (first published November 19th 1991)

Kim
A bit haphazardly organized, but still a really interesting read. Aissa Wayne's tone in the book is quite honest as she discusses the good and difficult parts of being John Wayne's Daughter, and about the different facets of her own character as she discusses her own actions during her father's lifetime.

(view spoiler)...more
Amy Kane
Great info book!!! Loved learning more about my favorite actor!!! I enjoy the info I learned from it!!
Elise
This book was loaned to me by a neghbor who is gaga over John Wayne. I'm not a John Wayne fan as far as acting goes, but I really enjoyed Aissa Wayne's book about her father. Although he was probably a hard man to live with, he was a true patriot and loved his country. I wish he were alive today to defend us still.
Spencer
the book was a quick read. The book was a little weak in serious content, it would add to anyone's knowledge of the Duke.
recommended to all fans (or relatives) ha ha
Casey McNeill
This is more about what it is like to have John Wayne as her father. But I really loved reading it because I could relate to a lot of the things she went through.
Amy
Very interesting!
Kris Veches
Kris Veches marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Laric
Laric added it
Jul 17, 2014
Leanne Pearce
Leanne Pearce marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Zodiac
Zodiac marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Zane
Zane marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Robert Gillett
Robert Gillett marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Lauri
Lauri marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Mary Lou
Mary Lou marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
☺Trish
☺Trish marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014