Manna and Mercy: A Brief History of God's Unfolding Promise to Mend the Entire Universe

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  4 reviews
With imagination, clarity, humor, and cartoons, Erlander retells the Bible's story.
Paperback
Published July 26th 2011 by Augsburg Fortress Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Manna and Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manna and Mercy

Jane
Yes, it looks like a kid's comic book-all hand written--with cutesy little sketches. But, read all of the intro and small print.
He warns you that in his opinion (that I completely share), everyone who approaches the Bible comes with their own unique "glasses"--no literalism for him. He also let's you know that he's decided that Jesus is the way that works for him.
Get all of the high points and biggest elements of the Old Testament, the history of the "child-people" needing constant education a...more
Pamela
I recommend this as an introduction to the bible and understanding how social justice and Christianity go hand and hand... despite the bigoted rhetoric of the right.
Sam Lonberg
I like Erlander's illustrations and light-hearted approach, although he seems to take the material seriously enough. This would be a good book for older children as well as new members of the faith.
Rachel
This is a very accessible, well-thought-out version of the gospel. I love the pictures and the style. I definitely see myself using this in ministry someday, with kids, youth, or adults. It's that versatile.
Scholasticah Nganda
Scholasticah Nganda marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Elaine Hall
Elaine Hall marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Andre Duncan
Andre Duncan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Glenn G
Glenn G marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Katharine
Katharine marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2013
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
Katie Delp
Katie Delp marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013
Meredith Smith
Meredith Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Merrin
Merrin is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2012
Jerry
Jerry is currently reading it
Jun 14, 2012
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2012
India
India marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2012
Bryce
Bryce marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2012
Baptized, We Live: Lutheranism As a Way of Life A Place for You: My Holy Communion Book Manna And Mercy: A Brief History Of God's Unfolding Promise To Mend The Entire Universe Let the Children Come Tales of the Pointless People