Start by marking “The Magic Knot (The Magic Knot, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Magic Knot (The Magic Knot, #1)

The Magic Knot (The Magic Knot #1)

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  592 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
When Rose discovers she is the Cornish pisky queen and her father is a dark druid who has imprisoned her people in portraits, the race is on to discover the fairy lore needed to release her people before her father destroys the piskies forever.

She seeks help from the sinfully sexy Irish fairy twins, the O'Connor brothers. Niall's faint air of menace flutters dark thrills o
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published February 1st 2009 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about The Magic Knot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic Knot

Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesRules of Attraction by Simone ElkelesSea by Heidi R. KlingChain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
Kiss the Cover!
61st out of 287 books — 427 voters
The Iron King by Julie KagawaWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrTithe by Holly BlackDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningWings by Aprilynne Pike
Books about Faery
375th out of 894 books — 1,935 voters

More lists with this book...

Inara
Julie (jjmachshev)
Feb 28, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
I was hoping for a little bit more from Helen Scott Taylor's "The Magic Knot". This is a contemporary paranormal about a half-Fae, half-pisky who learns the truth about her lineage with the help of a sexy half-Fae, half-leprechaun.

When Rose heads for her latest accounting job in Cornwall, the last thing she expected to encounter was a sexy biker with a serious attitude. Although her mother had always warned her never to enter Cornwall, after her mother's death Rose is feeling lost and wants to
Mona
Sep 22, 2008 Mona rated it it was amazing
No wonder Helen Scott-Taylor's The Magic Knot won the 2008 American Title Contest. When Rose touches the three linked stones of Niall’s Magic Knot, she forges magical lovers’ bond with him and creates a love that survives many tribulations at the hands of her evil father. The Magic Knot is a wonderful paranormal story, a Harry Potter for adults, with a good dose of sensual passion. Once you start reading, you won’t be able to put down this book.
Margay
Feb 16, 2009 Margay rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book. It kept me enthralled from start to finish and I had to keep reading to find out what would happen next. When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it, anticipating how it would turn out. It met and exceeded my expectations. For anyone who enjoys paranormal love stories, this is the book for you.
Felicia (Ferishia)
Heather
May 24, 2009 Heather rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Booklist gave this a starred review, and I read it to see what they considered a great romance novel.

I'm sorry to say I was disappointed. Paranormal and fantasy romance has become a huge sub-genre the past several years, and there are numerous writers out there competing with Taylor's work. Authors like Melissa Mayhue, Shanna Swenson, Joy Nash are just a few other contemporary authors who have mixed romance and fairy lore with better results, in my opinion.

There wasn't much detail or organizati
Sheila
Feb 28, 2009 Sheila rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure if I would like this book because it started slow. But once I got into the storyline and more into the fairy lore and picked up a feel for the lands of Cornwall and Ireland it became a interesting read. I liked how Niall and Rose became connected and how she was totally in the dark of her heritage. I could feel her frustration with Niall and his inability to explain things to her. I'd like to see what happens to Jacca and Michael with the establishment of the fairy troop in Cornwal ...more
Melody
Sep 03, 2014 Melody rated it liked it
Three and a half stars. This story was pretty good but there were a few inconsistencies and annoying parts which kept it from a four star rating.
Anyone who knows anything about the fairy queen knows she is powerful and treacherous and you must watch every word around her. Whenever the guys in this book tried to warn the heroine about the fairy queen she just rolled her eyes like a teenager. When they warned her to be quiet in dangerous situations she kept talking and questioning them. She deserv
Marie
Mar 15, 2015 Marie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Die Idee von Elfen und einer Buchhalterin hat mich neugierig gemacht und ich wurde nicht enttäuscht!
Rose hat den Auftrag erhalten die Buchhaltung eines Inns in Cornwall zu überprüfen, da der Inn geradewegs auf die Insolvenz zusteuert. Bei ihrer Ankunft erwartet sie Mick, der sie versucht mit flirten von den Problemen abzulenken. Rose ist einiges gewöhnt und lässt die ungewöhnlich gutazssehenden Besitzer des Inns abblitzen. Sein Bruder Niall ist weniger charmant und versucht sie mehr mit der gewo
Jennifer Ashley
Nov 05, 2009 Jennifer Ashley rated it it was amazing
The Magic Knot is a fun take on Fae lore coupled with an intriguing twist on the tarot. Naill and Rose charmed me from the beginning and had me rooting for them all the way. Throw in a sexy nightstalker called Nightshade, Naill’s brother Michael (sure he’s god’s gift to women), and a thoroughly nasty villain—result: a satisfying brew of adventure, mystery, fantasy, and romance.
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
Was a bit sceptical about this book. I mean come on "Lepricorns" but obviously I was badly misrlead because I honeslty did enjoy this book. It was romantic but still had the suspense that I like to keep me turning those pages. Im lookign forward to the second book where the focus is shifted to Michael.
Kimmae
Oct 13, 2009 Kimmae rated it liked it
Light. Can't resist fantasy. Parts read like a first novel; would read more by this author. I almost didn't get the book because of the cover, as if there is no story or plot other than the "romance" of the naked people on the cover.
Emily
Feb 23, 2014 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Taylor’s The Magic Knot follows Rose’s journey from accountant to Cornish pisky queen, with a host of supporting characters, such as the fae O’Connor brothers and The Queen of Nightmares. The book description pretty much informs the reader what to expect from the entire story, without leaving much room for surprise. Major plot points just happened without much buildup and made for some awkward transitions. Rose’s use of the tarot cards, and the description of each card, was interesting. The char ...more
Molly
Jan 11, 2014 Molly rated it liked it
Fairys, Leprechauns and Druids oh my!

An Interesting story. Rose doesn't know she is a Fairy Queen, her mother took her away from Cornwall when she was young and raised her as human. Niall is half Fairy half Leprechaun and fled Ireland with his twin brother and his sister, to save them from the wrath of the Queen of his fairy troop.

Rose shows up in Cornwall, as an everyday accountant, not realizing she has set in motion a show down with her evil Druid father.

The story is well crafted and interest
Sabine
Sep 13, 2015 Sabine rated it liked it
Rosenwyn Tremain kommt im Auftrag von Banken und Steuerbehörden nach Cornwall um die Buchhaltung von Michael O'Connor's Pub zu sichten. Aber sie hat auch private Gründe für ihren Ausflug, denn sie ist auf der Suche nach ihrem Vater, den sie als Kind zuletzt gesehen hat und an den sie kaum Erinnerungen hat. Beim Pub angekommen trifft sie fast der Schlag: Zum einen ist die Buchhaltung des Pubs ein einziger chaotischer Haufen und den erhofften PC sucht Rose vergebens; zum anderen ziehen der attrakt ...more
Michelle Randall
I grabbed this book through a swap on a whim, without really reading much about it except the Irish of it, so I wasn't sure what to expect, or if it would be good. I was pleasantly surprised.

The book is well written, and somewhat believable in the mixing of human life with folklore and legends in the tales of pixies and fairies, and even leprechauns in the book. It makes for a good read, and for me it was a quick read, which is what I was looking for at the moment I sat down with this book.

We ar
Sho
I bought it on the Kindle offer of the day. I've now started reading it and am wondering why...

so now I've read it.

The idea of the story is lovely. I love a romance and I love a bit of fantasy, especially a fantasy world that intersects with our own. And I didn't think the writing totally sucked. So that is all o.

But. But. There has to be a but. First off, I didn't stop reading partly because I find that difficult, partly because I wanted to see how the story turned out. But also because I was h
Sandy M
Aug 01, 2011 Sandy M rated it it was amazing
Red alert! Red alert! New author on the scene. Make that a terrific new author. Helen Scott Taylor’s debut book is a terrific read. It has everything from Irish twin brothers to the Queen of the Tuatha Dé Danaan to a greedy, evil father to the pisky who are on the brink of elimination. Oh, the love and the magic is pretty darned good too.

Sometimes in picking up a book I don’t read the back cover. It’s a book for review that I have to read, so I pick it up and I begin. When I took a look at the c
Kristen
Aug 06, 2012 Kristen rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. An interesting story, well-written characters and a creative combining of the "real" and paranormal worlds.

Rosenwyn is a no-nonsense bankruptcy accountant who's been sent to investigate the financial problems with a pub in Cornwall. This is despite her mother's insistence that Rose NEVER, ever set foot there.

Once there, Rose meets the owner of the pub, Michael, and his twin brother Niall, both of whom seem to have something to hide. Rose is drawn to Niall, but determined to
Barbara Folk
Jun 23, 2014 Barbara Folk rated it really liked it
it's a good story. I love the irish mythology, and the story delves into topics that aren't often explored.

But... there are typos galore, and some of them are very disruptive. Tonight is almost always "to night", the "d" at the end of certain contractions are gone. That can be understood, but sometimes it required rereading to understand.

I'll still read the series, because I did like it a lot, but the grammatical mistakes really did distract from a good story.
Tracy
Jun 28, 2014 Tracy rated it liked it
When I first started reading The Magic Knot it felt like I had jumped into the middle of a story...like maybe I had missed the first book? The characters could stand to be a little more rounded but other than that criticism the story moved along at a reasonable pace and held my interest. I will be reading the next book to form a more complete opinion.
Colleen
Jul 25, 2014 Colleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this as a Kindle Daily Deal, and I found that I enjoyed both the characters and the story. This book explores many aspects of magick and weaves a tale about which I find myself eager to continue reading. This is the first time I have read a Helen Scott Taylor novel, and I look forward to reading more.
Toni
Feb 21, 2014 Toni rated it liked it
3.5- first off, I am not a big paranormal romance fan however I found this story interesting and the characters well-developed.Surprising, since I am one of the few non- vampires lovers of this generation, but I hope to see the endearing Nightstalker get his own story.

addendum: I have since finished the other two novels in this trilogy and found them to be equally enjoyable.
Sharon
May 14, 2014 Sharon rated it liked it
Yet another casualty of my "I read too many paranormal romances and am thus very, very picky" mentality.
With a weak beginning, and some clunky scenes that tried too hard to be sexy or romantic, this one just barely squeaked past the 2 stars range.
Patti Ashley
A large cast of fairies

A large cast of fairies

Pretty good book with some excellent twists. Found it hard to warm up to all the male leads, they are all rather self-serving.
Donna
Oct 08, 2014 Donna rated it really liked it
This was a good story. I read it in just a couple of days. I liked the characters, all except for the bad guy that is. It's the first of a series and I plan on reading the next book very soon.
Cecily
Mar 31, 2016 Cecily rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-archive
I wanted to like this more than I did. The hero could have been straight from a Pamela Hartshorne novel (although brooding Cornishman lite) and the set up was, on the face of it, a decent one. But it just seemed a bit too ... complex. The nastiness was a bit too nasty, the family dynamics a bit too yucky, and the action all over the place and needing unlikely transport options. I am not sure I really bought into the romance and the (quite frankly) sluttishness of one of the main male characters ...more
Shannon
Jan 09, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing
This was my first Helen Scott Taylor book and I was very impressed. I'm a huge fan of authentic terminology and LOVE the Irish:-) The story line moved at a steady pace, no slow or boring sections, and the level of detail was perfect. The ending came up very quickly, but that will certainly not stop me from reading on...I'm happily moving on to the next book in this series:-)
Tammara  Harris
Mar 26, 2015 Tammara Harris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Celtic romance

A wonderful journey into the mystic Celtic world of faeries druids and more. Loved it can't wait for the next
Suzanne Cotton
The magic knot

this book was really good. I love the paranormal stories of druids, fairies and vamps. this book is a must for your collection.
Question.... Can you answer it? 4 7 Jun 23, 2013 10:04PM
  • Silver Moon (DeJa Vu Chronicles #2)
  • The Selkie Enchantress (Seal Island Trilogy #2)
  • One More Valentine
  • Crazed Hearts (Grimm's Circle, #3)
  • Fade the Heat
  • The Sacrifice (Forbidden, #1)
  • Clockwork Blue (A Lumière Romance, #1)
  • Courted by the Vampire (Eight Realms, #1)
  • Pandora's Box (Pandora, #1)
  • To Tempt a Knight (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #1)
  • Beguiled (Queen of the Otherworld, #2)
  • Call of the Raven (The Union Series #1)
  • The Birth of Death (The Legacy of Evorath, #1)
  • Spearwielder's Tale (Spearwielder's Tale, #1-3)
  • Lord of Devil Isle
  • Lucan (Pendragon Legacy #1)
  • The Lady of the Storm (The Elven Lords, #2)
  • Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3)
1915619
USA Today bestselling author, Helen Scott Taylor, had her first book released in 2009. The Magic Knot, won the American Title contest, was a Golden Heart finalist, and was chosen as one of Booklist's top ten romances of 2009. Since then, she has published other novels, novellas, and short stories in both the UK and USA. Her published works have been finalists in a number of contests including the ...more
More about Helen Scott Taylor...

The Magic Knot (4 books)
  • The Phoenix Charm (The Magic Knot, #2)
  • A Midwinter Fantasy (Strangely Beautiful, #2.5) (Sylph, #2.5) (The Magic Knot, #3)
  • The Ruby Kiss (The Magic Knot, #4)

“hands, watching the light ripple” 0 likes