Start by marking “Moo, Baa, La La La!” as Want to Read:
Moo, Baa, La La La!

Moo, Baa, La La La!

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  25,263 Ratings  ·  452 Reviews
Serious silliness for all ages. Artist Sandra Boynton is back and better than ever with completely redrawn versions of her multi-million selling board books. These whimsical and hilarious books, featuring nontraditional texts and her famous animal characters, have been printed on thick board pages, and are sure to educate and entertain children of all ages.
Published 1982 by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleMoo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra BoyntonBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
Books for one-year-old children
3rd out of 272 books — 199 voters
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussMoo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra BoyntonBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Books for two-year-old children
4th out of 277 books — 226 voters

More lists with this book...

Ed Mcfadden
Apr 20, 2011 Ed Mcfadden rated it it was ok
A moving narrative that highlights the circle of life in understandable, free-market terms while placing a sunnier patina on the darker side of the meat and poultry industry.
Erin
Feb 07, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
It’s a Sandra Boynton book, so it’s almost not worth reviewing. You know it’s going to be 5 stars. However, this Boynton book stands out enough from the already-exalted pack that I think it’s worth a review.

Basically it’s a poem of animals and the sounds they make. “A cow says moo, a sheep says baa” until you get to the surprising line “three singing pigs say la la la.” Hilarity ensues. Really!

Like all Boynton books, it’s rhythmic so my son enjoys the narrative, and he can participate in the rea
Kim
May 12, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
Very very cute. I love Sandra Boynton.
Bruce M
Jul 24, 2011 Bruce M rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents, Children
My wife and I consider Moo, Baa, La La La to be our daughter Charlotte's first favourite book. There was a point in time, not so long ago, when the only sounds that would calm her down in the evening (or on a bad car ride, or after a fall, or any other general sookfest) were my wife or I reciting this book. Now that Charlotte's a little bit older (15 months at the time of this writing) she still loves the book, and has taken to finishing the sentences as we read along (or recite from memory).

Our
Olivia
Feb 13, 2010 Olivia rated it really liked it
I read this book aloud several times a day to babies and toddlers! I have it memorized; I can grunt this animal noise poem on command. And I'm getting better giving classes (yes classes?!) to drooling, curious babes, some who can't even sit up on their own. You'd be amazed how under 1 year olds can and will sit in a circle and pay attention and interact. We certainly have to keep busy on the 10 1/2 hour nursery shift.

"Moooo, says the cow. Baaa, says the sheep. La, la, la, says three singing pig
Chinook
Nov 02, 2015 Chinook rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kait
This is her absolute favourite book right now. She giggles all the way through it. I have the whole thing memorized.
Eunice
Feb 20, 2016 Eunice added it
Traci
Feb 04, 2015 Traci rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s, theoreads
My son showed absolutely no interest in Sandra Boynton books until about a month ago.

He picked this out for his dad to read to him and we've been reading "MooBuhLuhLuhLuhLuh" every night since then. We usually let him make the animal noises and at the end ask him what he says (usually a tiger noise).

Unfortunately now, all of the Sandra Boynton books we own are "MooBuhLuhLuhLuhLuh" so any time we pull out Tickle Time or Doggies he thinks it's his favorite. Pretty cool that he recognizes the artw
Kellee
Reread 11-15-14
Reread 3-31-15
Reread often
SaraLaLa
This is one of Sandra Boynton's shorter stories, but it's still really cute. I like that she has a bit of a sense of humor and my daughter always smiles at the end when the author asks "What do you say?" (as in what noise does a baby make).
Francis
Oct 18, 2015 Francis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: early-readers
My son absolutely loves this book. He is 1.5 years and can make the sounds of most of the animals. When he is looking for this book he will keep saying "la la la" until he finds it. One of my all time favourite Boynton books!
Theresa
Jan 11, 2015 Theresa rated it liked it
Moo, Baa, la la la! by Sandra Baynton is a silly story teaching about sounds. found in a kindergarten classroom
Kirsten Mellin
Aug 19, 2014 Kirsten Mellin rated it it was amazing
I don't know how Sandra Boynton does it, but I always enjoy her books. I wish I could pin point what it is about her writing style that I just love. Even though I can't put my finger on exactly why I love these books here are some things in her books I enjoy; the rhyming is always fun, the animal characters make me smile, the books seem to be just the right length for toddlers,and the stories really are just excellent.

My oldest daughter has a 40% delay in speech and the phrasing in this book is
Brooke Brodsky
May 07, 2015 Brooke Brodsky rated it it was amazing
Moo, Baa, La La La is a wonderful and cheerful picture book for very little children. I rated it 5 stars on behalf of my 2 year old, who loves this book, and any other book by Sandra Boynton. The story is simple, it tells about the animals and the sounds that they make. I find that it encourages dialogue between the reader/caregiver and the child who is being read to. In my family, we often sing this book to my baby in the silly tune that was made up by my 11 year old. We all know the book by he ...more
Camille Ryckman
Mar 31, 2014 Camille Ryckman rated it it was amazing
Moo, Baa, La La La by Sandra Boynton
Brief Summary: This is a simple board book with wonderful illustrations and throws the reader for a loop when it comes to the sound pigs make.
Annotation: At the end, there is an open ended question for the reader which adds to the charm and interactiveness of making animal sounds. By asking the open ended question, it allows for reader and those being read to, to have an on going conversation.
Age appropriateness: 0-4 years old
Connection to 6 early literacy
midnightfaerie
Aug 17, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
We love Sandra Boynton and this was no exception. Adorable illustrations paired along side a cute story about animals, it's a big favorite for all my kids, but especially my 3 yr old twins. We also love books that rhyme, so that was an added plus for us. Great book.
Alicia
A cow says moo, a sheep says baa, three singing pigs say la la la... oh god I think I can recite this book from memory. It is cute though for a toddler and not so mind numbing as books for this age tend to be,
Becky Carleton
Boynton is a master of serious silliness. This adorable little board book is a favorite "again! again!" book to read with little ones.
Samantha Penrose
Jun 12, 2008 Samantha Penrose rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
This book has cute illustrations and introduces kids to animals and the sounds that they make.
Sturdy and fun.
Tatiana
Apr 25, 2013 Tatiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, picture-books
Nothing has made my baby smile and laugh so far as much as this book.
Kat
Oct 08, 2011 Kat rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, picture-books
A really cute way to go through animal noises with a little kid.
Andrew
Mar 27, 2012 Andrew rated it it was amazing
A true masterpiece. It warms my heart with joy.
Suki
Jan 19, 2013 Suki rated it it was amazing
Outstanding! I could not put this book down.
Karl
Apr 16, 2008 Karl rated it it was amazing
Random silliness.
David
Mar 13, 2013 David rated it really liked it
Moo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra Boynton is a board book about animals and the sounds they make.

Boynton's trademark silly animals are the focus in this tale of animal sounds. Animals pictured are cow, sheep, pigs, rhinoceroses, cat, kitten, duck, horse, plus little and big dogs. The Special 30th Anniversary Edition is a bit larger, all the better to enjoy the images. My favorite images are cow, singing pigs, dogs & cats, and quiet.

Boynton's simple, funny, rhyming text uses just forty three wor
Jen
Nov 16, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, own, for-the-bebe
I'd give this 17 stars if I could, because the kid LOVES it. She giggles like crazy when I read it to her, or even when she looks at it herself. I never really thought about Sandra Boynton much when I was a children's librarian, and now I'm kind of sad because this is fun! This will be a keeper. I only wish I could remember who bought this for her. We've marked most of them, but not this one.
Christy
Mar 30, 2016 Christy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Dawn
Nov 07, 2015 Dawn rated it really liked it
This is the third Boynton book I've read to my daughter (now 9 months). It's pleasant to read, by which I mean there is a satisfaction in the rhymes and cadence. The pictures are sweet, and when she gets older I think she will enjoy the animal sounds even more. Neither of us like it as much as we like *Doggies,* though.
Marsha
Apr 25, 2014 Marsha rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite first book for older babies and toddlers. I always give it as a baby gift, along with Boynton's "Going to Bed Book," "Hippos Go Berserk," and "But Not the Hippopotamus."
they have assed the test as favorites for 2 granddaughters and the first book the older one could "read" to her little sister.
Marc Lucke
Jun 08, 2016 Marc Lucke rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction

These ridiculous little board books are so popular, I have visions of Boynton dictating them to a lean cabana boy while she sips cocktails and clucks disapprovingly at the inefficient pool skimmer she let Charlotte talk her into buying.

This book makes me giggle and the kids like it.

• Quiet Loud
  • Peek-a-Who?
  • Where Is Baby's Belly Button?
  • Global Babies
  • Tails
  • I Kissed the Baby!
  • Gossie
  • I Love You Through and Through
  • Llama Llama Nighty-Night
  • Bright Baby Colors
  • Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)
  • Sheep in a Jeep
  • Black on White
  • Good Night, Gorilla
  • What's Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites
  • That's Not My Dinosaur
  • Chicky Chicky Chook Chook
  • Waddle!
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more
More about Sandra Boynton...