Start by marking “Black Point (Black Point, #1)” as Want to Read:
Black Point (Black Point, #1)

Black Point (Black Point #1)

Matt greatly admires Rose, the top male/male erotic writer in America. Just as Matt and rose start to develop genuine feelings for each other via frequent emails and online chats, Rose sells her latest book to a big Hollywood movie studio. Matt is as ecstatic as she is, but also increasingly shocked and bewildered by his developing feelings for this woman he has never met, ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Black Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Point

Serena Yates
Jul 04, 2013 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
This is an amazing book, a wonderful start to the Black Point series, and an emotional roller coaster of the highest degree that still manages to be very entertaining due to a great sense of humor. Even though I originally read it when it first came out, being able to read it again now that it's been rereleased was a total treat. Matt and Thomas are an amazing couple, and I had forgotten most of the turmoil they go through in this first volume of the series. The question whom we really love, the ...more
jules0623
I quite liked this story. The MCs were likable and the secondary characters were nicely written, if a little dramatic and OTT. (Fucking in the back of a moving Jeep with the top down and your brother driving?)

I loved the premise of this although I would have really liked to see more of Matt's confusion over why he was so attracted and connected to this woman he'd never met as well as more fallout when the MCs finally meet. I was left feeling a little 'meh' over the fact Matt pretty much managed
Kimberly
Sep 18, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it
My review is posted on Wild on Books: http://www.wildonbooks.com/reviews/20...

Matt, an up and coming writer of male/male romance, is thrilled when his favorite author, Rose Carter, takes note of his work. The two begin communicating online and soon Matt finds himself falling for his intriguing idol. Problem is, Matt’s gay and Rose is most definitely a woman. Or so he thinks…

Forbidden by his publisher to reveal his true identity, Thomas, alias Rose Carter, finds himself increasingly frustrated w
L-D
After reading the Blood Eclipse series, this book was surprisingly sweet and romantic. Thomas is an author that writes under the pen name, Rose, based on his publisher's belief that Rose's audience won't be able to accept a male romance writer. Online, he meets another author, Matt, who is out and proud and has published two successful romance books of his own. As Thomas and Matt become friends online, and their friendship blossoms into mutual attraction, Matt is confused by his feelings for the ...more
CB
Feb 24, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are 6 books in this series currently. I think the story is kind of choppy in the first 2 books - the timeline seems off and rushed at parts but, the story line is very entertaining and overall I think they are worth reading. The characters are fun and the sex is hot. Just when I think there is too much sex, the author mixes it up and keeps it very entertaining. The stories in each book vary and kept me amused.

I recommend this series and enjoy it more and more as the books develop; however,
Terry
Dec 11, 2011 Terry rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and could see it as a Doris Day Movie with Sandra the publisher played by Doris and Rose/Thomas played by Rock Hudson. There is so much comedic writing that I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times. AJ has a wonderful and easy style which is a pleasure to read. My only criticism would be that the chiropractor did not get his just deserts as it appears that he was riding Rose's coattails and Thomas did not appear to be able to "kick him into touch". Maybe ...more
Lily
The premise for this first book in the Black Point series drew me in but ultimately didn't quite measure up to my expectations. I liked the protags well enough but never formed any real connection to them. I also didn't like the side story of the brother and his marital problems and found their scene in the car as they drove down a busy street in Hawaii totally over the top. Despite that I did for the most part enjoy the story and will be reading the other four books at some point.
Nov 19, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I have had Black Point in my To Read file for at least two years, so I am now kicking myself for not having read it sooner. It was very enjoyable despite some clunky dialogue and I look forward to reading books 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in the series sooner rather than later.

PS For those who know about the unpleasantness surrounding the first author's gender, the situation in Black Point with Rose/Thomas seemed like a cry for help and was oddly poignant.
Susan
Nov 08, 2010 Susan added it
Shelves: m-m
I think I'm heading out to buy all the rest of this series and looking covetously at the co-authors backlists.

I love the concept of two authors meeting on line, and felt that Matt handled the "surprise" of Rose's identity very well. I like that the whole relationship wasn't settled at the end of the book, because that wouldn't have been very realistic. I am highly recommending this to everyone!
Yvonne
May 07, 2013 Yvonne rated it it was ok
Dear authors - because I've noticed that in other books too - please make sure that character names are consistent and don't switch from Cole to Cody and back. Same gors for making sure that you use the name of the right character, otherwise it makes for a confusing read. And keep an eye on your own timelines, please.

Interesting premise, started nice but the end felt rushed.
Montana
Jul 04, 2009 Montana rated it it was ok
Shelves: glbt, romance
Great premise, but the execution is lacking oomph. So much more could be done with this idea, and I was disappointed that the authors chose to gloss over what I consider to be many of the more fascinating aspects.
Jane
Jan 27, 2010 Jane rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2010
Liked the premise, but not the execution. The dialog was just plain silly. And a scene with cheating involved is resolved in about 10 pages. R U kidding me?
Karel
Dec 07, 2012 Karel rated it did not like it
Decent start, awful end. Guy was way too accepting of the lie and the last 20 pages were pretty much pointless and mundane conversation.
ElaineY
Jan 24, 2009 ElaineY rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
It wasn't bad but lacked the emotional punch I was expecting. D J Manly's done better but I'm not familiar with Lewelleyn.
Ism
Apr 08, 2013 Ism rated it really liked it
Well writen, very funny, romantic and very erotic love scenes
Aeryn
Tuan Van Rillaer
Tuan Van Rillaer marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
LOLA
LOLA marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Mariam Al
Mariam Al marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Arlyn
Arlyn marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Zuzi
Zuzi marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Lanny
Lanny added it
Apr 30, 2016
Eva Heidmann
Eva Heidmann rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Sanne Nielsen
Sanne Nielsen marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
c-am
c-am rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Jonathon Hill
Jonathon Hill marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
  • So Much More Than Naked 1
  • Caffeine for a Marine
  • Arresting Developments
  • Snowed In
  • Little Japan
  • Three Wrong Turns in the Desert (Have Body, Will Guard, #1)
  • Any Ordinary Day
  • Beautiful Cocksucker
  • Mind F*cked (Faerily Imperfect #1)
  • Gregori's Ghost
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Fire Season (Tales of the Darkworld, #3)
  • Caught
  • Winner Takes All
  • Damn Gorgeous
1914286
A.J. Llewellyn lives in California, but dreams of living in Hawaii. Frequent trips to all the islands, bags of Kona coffee in the fridge and a healthy collection of Hawaiian records keep this writer refueled.

A.J’s passion for the islands led to writing a play about the last ruling monarch of Hawaii, Queen Lili’uokalani as well as a non-erotic novel about the overthrow of her kingdom written in dia
More about A.J. Llewellyn...

Black Point (6 books)
  • Back to Black Point (Black Point, #2)
  • Black Point Revisited (Black Point, #3)
  • Black Point Surrendered (Black Point, #4)
  • Black Point Christmas (Black Point, #5)
  • Black Point Forever (Black Point, #6)