An Unrehearsed Desire

An Unrehearsed Desire

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The fourteen stories in this dazzling collection continue acclaimed author Lauren B. Davis' exploration into her characters' psychological landscapes, and ensure her reputation as a writer of razor-sharp intellect and deep compassion. Weaving these stories together is the notion that what one wants and what one needs is not always the same thing: a tale of a heartbroken fa...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Exile Editions

To ask other readers questions about An Unrehearsed Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Unrehearsed Desire

Lucy Bernard
I am a big fan of Lauren B. Davis, Canadian author extraordinaire. I just finished her latest collection of short stories, AN UNREHEARSED DESIRE, and was blown away. Each story is a gem, and the variety of characters and voices are so engaging I couldn't put the book down. It is a true pleasure to recommend this collection. And if you're less keen about short stories - her two novels were also great reads!
Louise
Another short story collection from Lauren B Davis that kept me up reading all night. Between Rat Medicine & Other Unlikely Curatives, and An Unrehearsed Desire, I can honestly say that Lauren B Davis is my favorite short story writer. Each story is so powerful and gut-wrenching, and every character is so emotionally well-drawn that every ending has me screaming inside I WANT MORE.
Kit
Lauren Davis' new collection of short stories is like a 'tablette de chocolat.' It can be consumed one story at a time, but don't be surprised if the whole thing is gone in one sitting.
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Sue Ketcheson
Sue Ketcheson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
C
C marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Diane Browne
Diane Browne marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Hermgirl
Hermgirl marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
Astrid Terras
Astrid Terras marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Mohawkgrl
Mohawkgrl marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
C.
C. marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2012
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Laima
Laima marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Lynn Robinson
Lynn Robinson is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2012
Buried In Print
Buried In Print marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2012
J
J added it
Jan 21, 2012
Barbara Gareis
Barbara Gareis marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2010
Elisabeth Kinsey
Elisabeth Kinsey marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2010
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2009
Lauren's most recent work OUR DAILY BREAD, is the deeply compassionate story of what happens when we view our neighbors as ‘The Other” as well as the transcendent power of unlikely friendships. It was named one of the “Very Best Books of 2011” by The Globe & Mail and by The Boston Globe.

Her first novel, THE STUBBORN SEASON, was a national bestseller and named as one of the Top 15 Bestselling F...more
More about Lauren B. Davis...
Our Daily Bread The Empty Room The Stubborn Season The Radiant city Rat Medicine & Other Unlikely Curatives