Start by marking “Muscle Memory (Brady Coyne, #16)” as Want to Read:
Muscle Memory (Brady Coyne, #16)

Muscle Memory (Brady Coyne #16)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  157 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
WHEN A HUSBAND'S LIE...
Attorney Brady Coyne has found his bar buddy Mick Fallon-former Detroit Pistons' star-brooding in his beer. His wife Kaye's just stunned him with a file for divorce, and she's taking him for everything. What Mick needs is a weapon like Brady to fight back. What Brady needs first is for Mick to come clean about his troubled marriage.

BETRAYS A WIFE'S S
Published April 14th 2003 by Minotaur Books (first published July 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Muscle Memory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muscle Memory

Success
Dec 24, 2015 Success rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This book is about a guy called Mick, who has gambling addiction and owes money to a notorious gang leader Mr Russo.

His wife, Kaye, gets involved in an affair with their long time family friend Lyn, who is the husband to Kaye's close friend.

Lyn and Kaye both decide to devorce each of their partners so they could be togethe. However, upon learning this plan,Lyn's son decides to pay Kaye a visit inorder to talk her out of the plan, and to break the affair between his father and Kaye. This only res
Ed
Feb 05, 2016 Ed rated it really liked it
#16 in the Boston attorney Brady Coyne series.

Boston attorney Brady Coyne series - Coyne's client, former pro-basketball player and long-time drinking buddy Mick Fallon, not only repeatedly lies to him, he also gets Coyne knocked unconscious and embroiled in a hostage situation. There's one grievance Coyne is certain Fallon is not responsible for, however: the death of Fallon's wife, who was suing Fallon for divorce before she was murdered. A "muscle memory" accrues to any action repeated so fre
Ice
May 12, 2010 Ice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
WHEN A HUSBAND'S LIE...

BETRAYS A WIFE'S SECRET...
What's no mystery is Mick's hair-trigger temper and gambling habit that's left him deep in debt to a local mobster. I
Jim Willse
Dec 31, 2015 Jim Willse rated it it was ok
Shelves: mysteries
I don't get the appeal of this series. The pacing is okay, but the protagonist, Brady Coyne, is two-dimensional and the characters straight out of Central Casting.
Daniel Groth
Sep 17, 2015 Daniel Groth rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading a William G. Tapply book and certainly won't be my last. I thoroughly enjoyed this book!!!!
Susie
Feb 28, 2015 Susie rated it really liked it
I knew it! I didn't really. Well crafted.
Theresa
Jun 18, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it
Believable everyday characters. Mystery that wasn't able to figure out 3 chapters in. Figured it out about the same time the book revealed it - I had guessed incorrectly. Enjoyed following Mr. Coyne's steps while questioning his client and others.
Jonna
Jun 21, 2008 Jonna rated it did not like it
Obviously not a good book since I didn't even remember finishing it. It was on my "currently reading" list, but when I went back to finish it, I realized that I had! Then I remembered how bad it was. Poor character development...the plot not fully developed...too many parts of the story that could've been told. It just wasn't good enough.
Alfred New
Nov 01, 2015 Alfred New rated it really liked it
Shelves: william_tapply
A good read
Beth
Jul 12, 2007 Beth rated it really liked it
Tapply calls it "invisible writing" and that's just how I like it. You don't need big words and lots of intricate knowledge to write a good story, but to me a good book is one from which I've learned something useful.
Kathie
Mar 05, 2015 Kathie rated it it was amazing
After you read a lot of books by the same author you tend to know what clues to look for. I thought I had this one figured out but wasn't really sure until the end. Good mystery.
lynn
Aug 10, 2011 lynn rated it really liked it
Love this series. Reminiscent of Robert Parker except Brady Coyne is a lawyer. Dry sense of humor, fast moving and a nice read when you need something not so deep and emotionally grabbing!
Steve
Mar 26, 2007 Steve rated it liked it
Tapply doesn't do anything fancy, but Brady Coyne is a good guy without being boring, meets interesting characters, and always fools me just enough with the solutions to his mysteries.
Joe O'c
Aug 16, 2009 Joe O'c rated it really liked it
Excellent; Continuing character: Brady Coyne; lawyer helps client/friend whose wife wants divorce, then gets further involved when the wife is murdered
Irving Milbury
Apr 23, 2013 Irving Milbury rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always love reading a Brady Coyne novel. Although Tapply is not the greatest writer, he's among the greatest.
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Jacque
Jacque added it
Aug 14, 2016
Marcia Sheppard
Marcia Sheppard rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Brian Wagner
Brian Wagner marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Cynthia Harris
Cynthia Harris rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Meghan Maxfield
Meghan Maxfield rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Mikki
Mikki rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
John Sklar
John Sklar rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Jeffrey Modell
Jeffrey Modell rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Tehila
Tehila marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
How Do You Build Muscle 1 1 May 19, 2015 05:54AM
Low Diet-the Way To Your Long Life 1 1 May 18, 2015 05:32AM
Weight Lifting Programs, How To Train Your Shoulders 1 1 May 12, 2015 05:15AM
Major Factors In Muscle Gaining Secrets Clarified 1 2 May 01, 2015 05:39AM
  • Third Strike (Brady Coyne, #26)(Brady Coyne/J.W. Jackson #3)
  • Burnt River
  • Death in Blue Folders (Sigrid Harald, #3)
  • Wife of Moon (Wind River Reservation, #10)
  • Area of Suspicion
  • Hoodwink (Nameless Detective, #7)
  • Covert: My Years Infiltrating the Mob
  • Clean Cut (Paris Murphy, #1)
  • Past Due (Victor Carl, #4)
  • Doomed to Die
  • Hard Ground (Woods Cop, #8.5)
  • The Girls
  • Pisces Rising (Elizabeth Chase, #4)
  • The Nightgown (Carter Ross, 0.5)
William G. Tapply (1940–2009) was an American author best known for writing legal thrillers. A lifelong New Englander, he graduated from Amherst and Harvard before going on to teach social studies at Lexington High School. He published his first novel, Death at Charity’s Point, in 1984. A story of death and betrayal among Boston Brahmins, it introduced crusading lawyer Brady Coyne, a fishing enthu ...more
More about William G. Tapply...

Brady Coyne (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Death at Charity's Point (Brady Coyne, #1)
  • The Dutch Blue Error (Brady Coyne, #2)
  • Follow the Sharks (Brady Coyne, #3)
  • The Marine Corpse (Brady Coyne, #4)
  • Dead Meat (Brady Coyne, #5)
  • The Vulgar Boatman (Brady Coyne, #6)
  • A Void in Hearts (Brady Coyne, #7)
  • Dead Winter (Brady Coyne, #8)
  • Client Privilege (Brady Coyne, #9)
  • The Spotted Cats (Brady Coyne, #10)