Start by marking “Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)

Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mystery #5)

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  1,895 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews

Regan Reilly -- the smart, saucy sleuth featured in all of Carol Higgins Clark's bestsellers -- is in New York attending a crime conference organized by her celebrity-author mother...and enjoying time with a new beau, Jack "no relation" Reilly. It's not long before trouble finds her: a family friend, Thomas Pilsner -- the president of the Settlers' Club on Gramercy Park --

Audio Cassette, Abridged, 5 pages
Published December 1st 2004 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published October 23rd 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Fleeced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fleeced

May 07, 2014 Christyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
When will I learn? I've really got to stop picking these books when I'm not in the right mood for them. Fleeced follows in the same vein as it's predecessors - with Regan on whatever vacation/trip she's on at the moment getting drawn into something or other with a rather large cast of side characters many of whom I'll forget as soon as they leave the page. It doesn't help that characters are still being introduced near the end of the book (one of my biggest issues with this book).

The Book:

Robert Scott
++ Regan Reilly is in NYC to attend a crime convention with her crime writer mother Nora & her mortician father Luke but after a mother/daughter picture appears in the paper an old friend from a previous case asks for her help. Thomas Pilsner is the president of the Survivor's Club which is in dire financial straits and needs a lot of overdue maintenance. Two members have decided to donate the proceeds from the sale of some diamonds and of a sudden, both of them die on the same day. Everyone ...more
Ellen Moore
Dec 29, 2015 Ellen Moore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an action mystery story which occurred in NYC when Regan was visiting her parents to attend a crime conference organized by her mother, mystery writer Nora Reilly. She also wanted to see her boyfriend, Jack Reilly, head of the Major Case Squad in New York. A friend, president of the Settlers' Club on Gramercy Park, hires Regan to investigate the suspicious deaths of two members of the club and to locate the 4 missing diamonds worth 4 million dollars that the two suddenly deceased men ha ...more
Jul 01, 2012 Bella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far, Fleeced has been my absolute favorite Regan Riley novel. The hysterical cast of characters made the story. It was a light, easy read that had me laughing from start to finish.
Jun 25, 2012 Barb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you've ever read any of the Reagan Riley Mysteries, this one is very indicative of the series. It was pleasant, easy reading--not scary, gorey, no bad language... just fun.
Nov 08, 2015 Meryan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is about P.I. Regan Reilly, and how on a short vacation she gets asked to help solve a crime from her friend Thomas Pilsner, who is the President of The Settlers Club. The 2 surviving members of a Club called The Suits that played poker every week were all jewelers and they all put in diamonds and the last living member would get them. The 2 surviving members Nat and Ben had decided to give the diamonds to the Settlers Club which really needed the money but before they can they are mur ...more
Carolyn Browne
Regan Reilly is in New York attending a crime conference organized by her celebrity-author mother...and relaxing with her new beau, Jack 'no relation' Reilly. But it's not long before trouble finds our sleuth. Family friend Thomas Pilsner - the president of the Settlers' Club on Gramercy Park - needs her help. Two settlers have been found dead, the diamonds they were donating to the flagging club have vanished, and Thomas is the prime suspect. Regan must solve the mystery of the disappearing dia ...more

Level one quetions:

1. What makes Thomas decide this was a murder?
There was concluding facts the he believed proved it was, for example Ben never liked to take baths, but was found in a tub.

2. Why does Reagan believe this to be an inside job?
As much as Reagan doesn't want to point fingers at the club, the back door to Ben's apartment was unlocked and only staff and Ben had keys.

3. What was the mystery about these diamonds?
No one had seen or even known about them until Ben chose to tell and
Julie C-f
Regn Reilly and her investigations are always full of quirky characters who seem to be not related to each of the other characters until the seam of the story has been sewn together.

Re-reading this book to get back into the groove that is characterized by Carol Higgins Clarks unique way of writing. I am a big fan of her mom, Mary.
Nov 03, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fleeced was the first book that I have read by Carol Higgins Clark, and I must say that I had trouble putting it down. I had watched the tv movie Deck the Halls with the Regan Reilly character and enjoyed it so I decided to try one of the books. Luckily this book takes place soon after Deck the Halls so I was able to dive right in. Clark's Regan Reilly is a great leading character, and I thought she made a great lead detective. The mystery of the missing diamonds and the murder of their owner wa ...more
Dec 12, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I actually enjoyed this more than any other book I have read (so far) by Carol Higgins Clark. Now we have a real murder, people whose lives are in danger, multiple villains, flawed heroes, and a budding romance in the background of the action. It was mystery, thriller, and really fun character study. Loved it.
Cheryl Alsippi
Sep 23, 2016 Cheryl Alsippi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable mystery. I picked up clues along the way but certainly was surprised by a few things in the end. I love Regan Reilly's sense of humor! Funny thing - I finished up reading it late last night and at the beginning of chapter 76, it said, "It was the kind of room on the kind of day where one would be inclined to curl up with a good book, a cup of tea, and a blanket." And, there I sat, curled up with a good book, a cup of tea, and a blanket. Now, I am inclined to read more by Carol Higgi ...more
Margarita Cortez
This is a very easy read and as usual a wonderful murder mystery. However there were a few questions left unanswered. Perhaps it was the authors intent to over share in an attempt to throw you off the scent of the real killer. But still worth the read.
Oct 08, 2015 Lynnanns rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on-it
For me the characters were not engaging and the writing was simple. Life is too short and there is too much available to spend reading something that you do not care for. There are far better mysteries, IMHO.
Cecilia Valetti
Jun 01, 2016 Cecilia Valetti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining

Wonderful book, very entertaining, full of humour, but also of good feelings, full of suspense and surprises, but also extremely amusing and funny to read.... the best Regan Reilly's novel I've read so far..
Nov 09, 2008 George rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Regan Reilly mystery. LA private investigator Regan Reilly is in New York to see her boyfriend and attend her mother's mystery writers convention. A murder at a residence building managed by a friend gets her involved in a mystery to help her friend. The building is in dire need of money for improvements as well as in need of new members to keep the place going. A man who was planning to donate money to the building is murdered and Regan is helping to discover what happened to him.

The story is
Colleen J. Page
Too predictable

No real surprises.
I will not read one of these again. It was a waste of my time and money. It is more of a comedy than mystery.

Apr 01, 2016 Danita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like Carol Higgins Clark I figured out a portion of what was going on but not all of it. I enjoy all of her characters as well.
Shalet Jimmy
It was a good story. There was mystery. But I wonder whether the reason in the book which makes the murderer to commit a murder is convincing.
Mar 17, 2016 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Good book. Characters are well developed and hopefully grow throughout the series. There were a few twists that kept me guessing. Looking forward to next book in this series.
Nov 11, 2015 Joe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
First time I have read a Carol H Clark book and it was...ok. A light mystery, set in NYC. Nothing too complicated.
Mike French
Very enjoyable read. However,I like her mother's books a little better(Mary Higgins Clark).I give this book 3 1/2 stars,almost a 4! I will read another one of her Regan Reilly series in the near future.
Bonnie Dieffenbacher
Easy read and a cute mystery, Not a lot of excitement. i like her mother's books better.
May 18, 2014 Tonya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! I was totally into the story from the beginning! A fast paced enjoyable read!!!
Jun 04, 2008 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually read mysteries, I'm more of a fantasy/sci-fi girl. But my sister-in-law recommended this and even lent me all the books she owns in the series-six out of ten!

They have been fun and a good change of pace. This book is the only one in the series I've read so far that contained an actual murder. The others deal with less *ahem* serious crimes, like theft.

They feel like grown-up Encyclopedia Brown books: you run around with the detective, collecting clues, trying to figure out what i
Dawn Leitheuser
Love these books! Great plots and characters that you can't help but love!!
Apr 19, 2016 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another winner. I am really enjoying this series. They are such quick reads and so good.
Jan 24, 2016 KADPG rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read, eventful, and a pretty okay book.
Sep 21, 2014 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exactly what I was looking for a cheesy murder mystery.
Jane Drager
Feb 08, 2014 Jane Drager rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another dependable Regan Reilly story.
  • The Christmas Thief
  • Hide Yourself Away (KEY News, #7)
Carol Higgins Clark (1956– ) is an American mystery author. She is also the daughter of author Mary Higgins Clark , with whom she has co-authored novels, and the former sister-in-law of author Mary Jane Clark.

Born in New York City, Clark received her B.A. from Mount Holyoke College in 1978 and then studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. She is the author of the Regan Reilly mystery series.
More about Carol Higgins Clark...

Regan Reilly Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1)
  • Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)
  • Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3)
  • Twanged (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #4)
  • Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)
  • Popped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #7)
  • Burned (Regan Reilly Mystery, #8)
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10)
  • Zapped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #11)