Start by marking “Loving Chloe” as Want to Read:
Loving Chloe

Loving Chloe (Chloe)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  322 ratings  ·  23 reviews
In the sequel to Hank & Chloe, 34-year-old Chloe Morgan appears on Hank Oliver's doorstep in Arizona pregnant with his child. Meanwhile, a local Navajo legend named Junior Whitebear returns home to collect his father's ashes and renew his spirit. Upon his arrival, he meets newcomer Chloe Morgan, and quickly begins to fall in love. Loving Chloe explores the emotional co ...more
Audio Cassette, 0 pages
Published December 1st 1999 by Sound Library (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Chloe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Chloe

Carol
I don't know that I've ever had a book twist me and turn me in so many ways. Did I like it? I'm not sure. Was it a compelling story; well-written? Yes to both. Did Jo-Ann Mapson once again make me feel like I was riding a horse in some sunlit canyon right along with her characters? Yes, definitely. But of the three main characters in the book, I only admired one. The other two were memorable and very human, honest, and flawed...and made me almost wish I hadn't read this sequel. I think I might h ...more
Sandra
I found this book to be rather disappointing after Hank and Chloe. I liked Chloe in Hank and Chloe, but found I just didn't really like her at all in this book. I was debating on whether to finish the book, when I was about half way through, but I wanted to see how it ended, so I read it to the end. I have to say, not one of Jo-Ann Mapson's finest hours....
Carolyn F.
I've listened to Kate Forbes narrating After the Parade which I didn't really care for but I think it was mostly the stilted language that I didn't like. Her narration of this book was so much better that it confirmed to me it was the book and not her. She portrayed the characters so well that you knew exactly who was speaking and the language/dialogue was so much better than the Garlock book.

Chloe drives her pregnant self to Hank and he's overjoyed to see her, which she wasn't sure about. He's
Nancy
Well written but so messed up. I'm glad I didn't read the first book. I guess I'm supposed to empathise and understand flawed Chloe for her inability to do what is right and make a choice, and bloody stick to it. And are we supposed to admire the two men for loving her so much that they would just live with her selfishness? both are them are losers and deserve Chloe. But then does Reed deserve to be thrown in the midst of this f#%ked up situation?

Very unsatisfying read!
Linda
A sequel to Hank and Chloe that literally picks up just where the other book left off, in Hank’s driveway as Chloe moves to Arizona from California to find him. Pregnant with Hank’s child, they live together in his grandmother’s old house, while Hank teaches third grade at a local Navajo school. Enter Junior Whitebear, returning home after many years away making a name for himself as a Navajo silversmith. The plot thickens as relationships are revealed between Whitebear and some of the local peo ...more
Susan
This was a good story but after all the hoopla it ended too quickly. I liked the ending, the fact that she couldn't give up either Hank nor Junior. I felt like Jo-Ann Mapson just wanted to end the story.
Just
Chloe is in love with two men. What does she do? A story about a broken woman who finds love with two men at the same time....
Katandra Nunnally
i absolutely adored this book. the only problem, now i've gotta backtrack and read book 1 Hank and Chloe!!! i can't wait.

Katandra Shanel JacksonThe Diary of a Bride to Be: Book 1: A Reason, A Season, or A Lifetime
Judy
Not my favorite by this author. The characters just didn't seem to work for me although I could identify with Hank when he was struggling to teach the 3rd graders on the Indian reservation. It seem like the book ended then there was one more chapter called Twenty Years Later. Maybe it was suppose to conclude the story but left me with many unanswered questions.
Rachel
A disappointing sequel to Hank and Chloe. Chloe was an engaging character in the first book, in this she feels somehow one-dimensional and lacking. The love triangle was disturbing and also disappointing, I found myself hoping for Hank all the way through that things would work out. The ending seemed shallow, maybe a little too trendy for me.
Harriett Bulger
Arizona is one of my favorite places to visit....this book captures northern Arizona so well that you want to catch the next plane there. Mapson writes characters who are realistic but who also have recognizable flaws....she has created a modern-day romantic western.
Cindy
A great follow up to Hank & Chloe. Life isn't a happy ever after story, it's much to complecated.

How can Chloe love two very different men and not be considered a harlot. It's complicated.
Kt.
JoAnn Mapson creates the most REAL, believable, sympathetic characters. I loved this book just like I loved Hank & Chloe, the book before it.
Laurie
well, i made it through, but i kept thinking, hoping it might get better, but it never did. i am not going to read the sequel
Pamela Trawick
Great author; have enjoyed all her books. Most are set in California near Monterrey area.
Jonna
I'm repeating myself, but honestly, anything written by Mapson is going to be a terrific read.
Margery
I enjoy Jo-Ann Mapson's characters - real problems with resolution of some sort.
Sarah Caseley
Easy read good if you don't want to work too hard!
Dianne
Excellent ending to the story of Hank and Chloe.
Janet
Sequel to "Hank & Chloe".
Erica
Jul 09, 2009 Erica is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Sequel to Hank & Chloe.
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
April Brown
April Brown marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Corina
Corina marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
  • Dead or Alive (Kevin Kerney, #12)
  • Turpentine: A Novel
  • Little Saigon
  • Dakota (Andi Oliver, #2)
  • The Laws of Harmony
  • Return of the Stardust Cowgirl  (Lucy Hatch, #4)
  • A Cure to Die For: A Medical Thriller
  • Haunting Olivia
  • The Ninth Clan (Migration Trilogy #1)
  • Childless
  • As Far As You Can Go Without A Passport: The View From The End Of The Road
  • A Passionate Man
Jo-Ann Mapson, a third generation Californian, grew up in Fullerton as a middle child with four siblings. She dropped out of college to marry, but later finished a creative writing degree at California State University, Long Beach. Following her son's birth in 1978, Mapson worked an assortment of odd jobs teaching horseback riding, cleaning houses, typing resumes, and working retail. After earning ...more
More about Jo-Ann Mapson...

Chloe (2 books)
  • Hank & Chloe
Solomon's Oak The Owl & Moon Cafe Finding Casey Bad Girl Creek (Bad Girl Creek #1) Hank & Chloe