Blank-133x176
Dunn's Conundrum

Stan Lee

Dunn's Conundrum

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Humorous thriller. Like Robert Ludlum on laughing gas.
Published January 1st 1985 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Dunn's Conundrum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dunn's Conundrum

Jeremy Good
This author is not the same as the more well known comic book author.

He wrote two novels (the other called The God Project - I haven't read it) and he was copywriter for the infamous "Daisy" commercial of LBJ's landslide '68 campaign.

I remember being impressed by the futuristic imagination and grand sweep of this little novel with political implications.

Shall re-visit.
Bradley
Entertaining spy-type story. Why do contempary fiction books have more sex than romances? Weird..
Debby Brown
Someone recommended this book to me or likely would never have found it. Published in 1985, it deals with the arms race during the Cold War. There is a super-secret agency in the United States government that has unlimited access to information. This was the perfect stage for a great story with action and intrigue.

The story was great, but I was not tickled with the style of writing or the pacing. I usually read a book in 1-2 days. This book took me over a week. Every time I sat down to read it,...more
Martha
reading this was like walking a twisted road. truly a mystery to me. i will read it again. and probably again. and finally i may figure it out.
Boaz Eapen
Had some difficulty in keeping up with the characters at first but was fine after. Not an easy read. Sometimes it felt like there should be a link between two para's or chapters, which led to not getting cleared the doubts.
Sally
My 2 year old nephew picked this book out for me at the used book shop. It was an entertaining spy type cold war thriller, but not super great.
Paul Kenyon
Thought provoking from distance of 25 years and in light of current NSA debacles. Recommended by Seth Godin and worth a quick read.
Jim
A lightweight Ludlum-ish tale with a bit more humor. I finished it in one sitting.
Thom Dunn
" Humorous thriller. Like Robert Ludlum on laughing gas."--GR description 2/2010.
Ann
Ann added it
Jun 19, 2014
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Jordan Mayer
Jordan Mayer marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Nancy Boone
Nancy Boone marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Ron
Ron added it
Apr 17, 2014
Mads062
Mads062 marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Erica Fox
Erica Fox marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Chuck Smith
Chuck Smith is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2013
Tera
Tera marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Stanley R. Lee was an advertising executive who wrote under the name "Stan Lee".
More about Stan Lee...