Start by marking “How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body” as Want to Read:
How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body

How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  108 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Illustrating the power of positive thought, David R. Hamilton explains how thoughts and emotions can mould the structure of the brain and change our body at cellular level.
Published November 1st 2008 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body

Haya Ziad
Jul 05, 2014 Haya Ziad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-reread
Again , A book that every medical student should read and anybody wants new and real perspective toward his body .
its of 3 parts : in the first part dr.David started talking about the way the mind can heal the body ,which has been observed and studied like the placebo effect , power of believing and positive thinking to end it by visualization .
the second is about inspiring true stories of different kind of ill patients ranging from cancer ,heart issues, SLE and even asthma who used visulizatio
Iona  Stewart
Oct 12, 2013 Iona Stewart rated it it was amazing
This is a valuable, practical book, especially for those with health problems, obviously.

The author cites statistics and scientific facts to show us, and convince us of, the power of positive thinking and of the placebo.

Visualization causes real chemical and structural changes in the brain. Mind changes matter. Psychotherapy also results in detectable changes in the brain.

Neurogenesis (formation of new neurons in the brain) occurs right up to the final days of our life, no matter our age. Learni
Danijel Brestovac
Jan 12, 2014 Danijel Brestovac rated it it was amazing

Kako um zdravi telo

str. 6- sijajne stvari so dosegle le tisti, ki so si drznili verjeti, da nekaj v njih presega okoliščine ~ Bruce Barton.

Str. 33- zunanje življenjske okoliščine so vselej odsev notranjih prepričanj ~ James Allen.

Str. 34- ko nekaj verjamete, vaši možgani proizvedejo kemične snovi in delujejo tako, da uresničijo tisto, kar verjamete, da se bo zgodilo. Kemične snovi nastajajo zaradi umskega stanja.

Str. 40- od vas pa je odvisno, kaj verjamete. Moč je v vas.

Str. 57- um z vizualizaci
M
Mar 31, 2014 M rated it it was amazing
An excellent, uplifting book that I'm sure will benefit anyone with a medical condition who is curious as to how they can help themselves using the 'power' of the mind. There is a lot of science in the first few chapters, but it is interesting, relevant, and accessible. The true stories and testimonies are hugely encouraging and the visualisations at the end of the book cover just about every illness/disease, including some we don't generally view as cureable. Like Hamilton says, you have to thi ...more
Hilary Hicklin
Nov 30, 2012 Hilary Hicklin rated it it was amazing
This is a fascinating book written by a scientist who used to work in the pharmaceutical industry and became so fascinated by the placebo effect that he decided to explore the relationship between the mind and the body and its role in healing. He backs up his assertions with examples of studies and case histories all of which provide real food for thought.

As I am now also reading Bad Pharma by Ben Goldacre which exposes the somewhat dubious practices of the pharmaceutical industry and the failur
Shawn Dawson
Nov 22, 2014 Shawn Dawson rated it really liked it
I like this book because the author doesn't discount conventional medicine, but suggests you try the things in this book as well. There is a lot of meditative imagery used, as well as thoughts about quantum healing. I say, why not give it a try.
Tracy Pound
Apr 23, 2014 Tracy Pound rated it it was amazing
A more scientific look at the power of the mind and its' effect on the body than some I've read. Very down to earth approach to visualisation with examples to follow and testimonials from people who've tried the techniques. Highly enjoyable.
Milja
May 21, 2015 Milja rated it it was amazing
An eye opener. How to put your meditation practice to serve the healing more effectively. I have read similar Buddhist books but this helped me to find my own visualization to help me to heal and feel better holistically.
Alyson
Dec 31, 2012 Alyson rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
An easy to read book, although there are sections of scientific explanations, with amazing stories of self-healing and also many research reports with, frankly, incredible results. Made me wonder why doctors and the media aren't all prescribing/going on about the power of the mind. Chapters also on positive thinking, power of love, and also the benefits of meditation. Despite agreeing that the mind is an amazing organ that we don't understand though, and believing to some extent the true stories ...more
Cherie Kephart
Apr 03, 2015 Cherie Kephart rated it really liked it
An important subject worth exploring: the body/mind connection. It made me think deeper about my thoughts, words, and emotions and how they relate to my health.
Khuram Malik
Apr 05, 2010 Khuram Malik rated it liked it
This is one book that i have read in very few sittings.
Its a very easy read, and gets to the core of the argument very quickly which i really liked about this book.

Dr Hamilton presents the idea that the "placebo" effect is real, and cites many real cases where it has had a real result. He then goes on to show, how you can create for yourself the placebo effect on a daily basis to experience healing.

I have been trying some of the techniques for myself, since they are very easy to follow, and thou
Alba
May 10, 2014 Alba rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this read. Very insightful of the power of the mind and its connection to your health.
Sam
Apr 04, 2015 Sam rated it it was amazing
Fascinating subject - love how there's so much scientific evidence. Great read
Natalie Korda
Jan 11, 2011 Natalie Korda rated it liked it
Lots of stories to tell you how people have used their head to heal themselves, from illness (physically and mentally) and injury. The books focuses on the way that placebos have been used in various studies, where people have felt better by just thinking that the medications should work in a certain way. The book is a bit lacking in ways to incorporate the practices into your own life, but it does provide some resources to help you investigate further.
Dawn
Jul 07, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
This booked bombards you with research in the early chapters. Initially annoying but with so much evidence it leads you nicely into the science of how the mind and body are one connected unit. I found the science very clear and easy to understand and well targeted to match the research. Definitely recommended read.
Cheryl
Mar 13, 2015 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Your stress, mental attitude, happiness, how you view illness, all this can shape your health outcome.
This book shows you how to use positive thinking, meditation, and other avenues to help create a positive mental state conducive to a mind/body healing connection.
Carla Remy
Dec 12, 2013 Carla Remy rated it really liked it
A very interesting and helpful book. Examines the power of placebos and harnessing belief to encourage stem cells in our brain to grow in the ways we need them to.
Natalie
Jan 11, 2011 Natalie rated it liked it
Lots of amazing stories about how powerful the mind can be. Book is a bit lacking in ways to incorporate the ideas into your own life, but it does provide other resources to investigate.
Sara DeSantis
Sara DeSantis marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Diane Wilson
Diane Wilson is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2016
Brendan Caldwell
Brendan Caldwell marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Pich Konika
Pich Konika marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Kate Balcombe
Kate Balcombe marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Rosslyn
Rosslyn marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Carol Robertson
Carol Robertson marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Natasha Watt
Natasha Watt rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Leslie Cates
Leslie Cates rated it really liked it
Beth Leah
Beth Leah rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Better Baby Book: How to Have a Healthier, Smarter, Happier Baby
  • الحق الذي لا يريدون
  • مناهج العلماء المسلمين في البحث العلمي
  • The Inside Tract: Your Good Gut Guide to Great Digestive Health

“Attitude is everything, they say . . . and I believe this to be true. If we learn to see the positive side of things, then we’ll live longer, healthier, happier lives. A good way to do so is to stop complaining and start being grateful.” 0 likes