Start by marking “Longeye (Duainfey, #2)” as Want to Read:
Longeye (Duainfey, #2)

Longeye (Duainfey #2)

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  14 reviews

Hidden from the human-inhabited world by the inimical magical device known as the keleigh, the Vaitura has become a subtle battleground where the once all-powerful Elder Fey strive against each other and the upstart Queen to regain ascendancy. Of all the Elder Fey it is Altimere who is strongest in magical kest and Altimere who is most devious. Pitted against Zaldore and h
Published April 7th 2009 by Baen

To ask other readers questions about Longeye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Longeye

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeThe Giving Tree by Shel SilversteinBridge to Terabithia by Katherine PatersonEast of Eden by John SteinbeckSpeak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Trees on Covers
264th out of 528 books — 123 voters
Tithe by Holly BlackThe Hunter's Moon by O.R. MellingThe Iron King by Julie KagawaDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningA Lick of Frost by Laurell K. Hamilton
Sidhe
193rd out of 215 books — 53 voters

More lists with this book...

Laura (Kyahgirl)
4.5/5; 5 stars; A

This review will apply to both Duainfey, book 1, and Longeye, book 2. I don't believe its accurate to view these two books as a duology but they are halves of the same whole. There is no point (IMO) in reading one if you don't also plan to read the other book.

Anyway, I found this duo of books to be captivating, disturbing, engrossing, and satisfying in the sense of traditional high fantasy. There are the Fey, there are humans, there are sentient trees and animals, there is an e
Kelly
Although I really liked this book, I still have mixed feelings about why the story was split into two novels - neither of which can stand alone, but must be read together. I really do think a more tightly edited version topping out between 450 and 500 pages would have been a tighter package.
Sbuchler
Genre: High Fantasy involving the Fae

This was an engrossing read, but it felt like there was very little substance... The hero and heroine don't really decide to do anything about the problems of the world, they kind of accidentally end/recreate it... they don't even come to a full understanding of the problem - the reader does because the villain eventually figures it out (he's after all one of the individuals who created the problem - it just got a bit beyond him).

The heroine spends much of th
Kiri
I don't know if this was actually worse than "Duainfey" or just suffered in comparison to other books I finished recently. The entire construct is so spun from fairy dust that I found it hard to care much about the characters, especially Rebecca Beauvelley. It was easier to care in the first book, when she was a woman stolen away from home and abused. In this book the things she does and the decisions she makes become more and more obscure. I believe this is also a fault in some of Lee and Mille ...more
Hali Sowle
The conclusion of the Duainfey duology finally brings Meripen and Rebecca together and answers many questions (i.e. what is Kest and why was Rebecca so "sought after" by Altimere) Thankfully it is free of the sexual subjugation of the first book. However the ending was just as bad as the first one. Things were done and boom it's over. Can't say I'd recommend this book or the first one to any one that likes to read what I do, which is a shame since I've always really enjoyed every other Sharon Le ...more
Joni
Lee and Miller strike again! These guys know how to pace a story and create characters and totally leave you wanting more at the end. Longeye is a followup to Duainfey. Oddly, the longeye never really features in either book. Hmmm, makes one wonder.

My one main criticism of the book is that I would have liked to have seen some things more fully fleshed out. It could have used another fifty pages. And it certainly wasn't bloated.
Barbara
Sequel to Duainfey. And very different in mood to the first one. This one is more mystery and real romance. There are enough flashbacks that it is not absolutely necessary to have read Duainfey for this story to make sense. This very enjoyable read manages to wrap up the story and answer your questions in fine fashion. As always Lee and Miller's writing sparkles and the characters are well-rounded.
Phil
Even better than the first book of this two-parter. Becca, ill used in the first book, is now healing and learning more of the Fey world and the power which makes it seem magical to us. Who can resist the struggle to set our world and the world of the Fey to rights again and find love along the way? Excellent read.
Lynne
I enjoyed most of this story. Like the previous book there is some more risque scenes, but I was somewhat confused at the end. There were bits of the story that didn't have a good explanation. I haven't decided if I liked the ending or not.
Amy
Not my favorite duo (Duainfey and Longeye) from Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. I much prefer their space operas -- the Liaden series. An interesting read though.
Jack
Nov 25, 2008 Jack added it
If you like books about elfs this is the second in a series about a young woman who is seduced by an elf to her reqret, and how she wins out in the end.
Samantha
I sped right through this book and enjoyed it.
Cait
Please see my review of Duainfey.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 09, 2015
Hope Morrissett
Hope Morrissett marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Dlora
Dlora marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Michael Mooney
Michael Mooney marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The God Stalker Chronicles (Kencyrath, #1-2)
  • Elfhome (Elfhome, #3)
  • Champion of the Rose (Darest, #1)
  • Hers To Claim (Verdantia, #4)
  • Impossible Things
  • Betrayal's Shadow (The Guardians of Eden, #1)
  • Accidental Sorceress (Hardstorm Saga Book 2)
  • The Ruby Dice (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #12)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 11 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #11)
  • The Legacy of Gird Omnibus
  • Rottweiler Rescue (Diane Brennan Mystery #1)
  • Heart Secret (Celta's Heartmates, #11)
  • Tip of the Spear (Amazon Western, #1)
  • King and Joker
  • Girl Genius Volume 13: Agatha Heterodyne and the Sleeping City
  • A Feral Darkness
  • The Stars Blue Yonder (The Outback Stars #3)
  • White Star (Epic of Palins, #2)
Sharon Lee has been married to her first husband for more than half her lifetime; she is a friend to cats, a member of the National Carousel Association, and oversees the dubious investment schemes of an improbable number of stuffed animals.

Despite having been born in a year of the dragon, Sharon is an introvert. She lives in Maine because she likes it there. In fact, she likes it so much that she
More about Sharon Lee...

Duainfey (2 books)
  • Duainfey (Duainfey, #1)
Agent of Change (Liaden Universe, #9) Fledgling (Theo Waitley, #1; Liaden Universe, #12) Conflict of Honors (Liaden Universe, #8) Local Custom (Liaden Universe, #5) I Dare (Liaden Universe, #13)