Start by marking “Dwelling: Living Fully from the Space You Call Home” as Want to Read:
Dwelling: Living Fully from the Space You Call Home

Dwelling: Living Fully from the Space You Call Home

Based on the interviews of nearly seventy people who possess a healthy sense of home, this book shows readers how they can make their dwellings safe and reengergizing places for themselves and those around them. It contains chapters on acceptance, making community, the changing dynamics of family, and even working from home.
Published May 1st 2007 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Dwelling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dwelling

Lanette
Apr 30, 2008 Lanette rated it it was ok
This book was nothing new... somewhat of a disappointment.
Adrienne Girard
May 06, 2008 Adrienne Girard rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: christian wives who might follow a suggestion of having a wall guests can sign
i managed to score a free copy of this book shortly after i moved into my first place of my own. around this time, hgtv.com, apartmenttherapy.com and kaboodle.com replaced email, this website and the other usual social networking sites as the online distractions of choice. judging from the cozy yet immaculate scene on the cover, i expected this book to complement the other reading on decorating and feng shui.

what i should have done was read the reviews the back cover - from the authors of holy h
Lindsey
Jan 25, 2014 Lindsey rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, nonfiction
The book is simple in message: home is important, here is how you can make it your own personal escape and space. The chapters are divided up by categories, things like how make your home welcoming, food, color patterns, and having company.

Favorite quote: "I told him that if a man is born in a dry place, then although he may dream of rain, he does not want too much, and that he will not mind the sun that beats down and down. So I never went with him to Zululand and I never saw the sea, ever: But
Regina Gadad
Mar 01, 2016 Regina Gadad rated it it was amazing
My most favorite MOPS book from years 2006-2014. Maybe it's because I was in such a nesting mode as a new mother of two babies. I had identified myself already as a mom, but loved how my home was considered my "workspace".
Maegan
Feb 12, 2015 Maegan rated it liked it
While the book did not contain new information, it was a relaxing and peaceful read. I enjoyed it!
Keli Wright
Feb 03, 2012 Keli Wright rated it really liked it
I like reading these short little "feel good self-help" type books my aunt gave me that she got for free somewhere.. it is like I can pick it up and read it quick and my perspective is brightened in the process..
I liked most of what she said.. but I only gave it four stars because it got repetitive and I didn't want to hear anymore about her settling into her cozy chair and drinking a nice cool glass of ice tea anymore.
I am glad I read it though and I am going to donate it to the library now.
Emily
Feb 04, 2008 Emily rated it liked it
This book wasn't profound, but it was easy and relaxing to read before bed. It uses other people's examples of what they do to organize their homes and schedules, etc. so that they're prioritizing family, friends and neighbors. It shows you ways you can slow down so that everyone in your family can feel peaceful and loved at home, and so that guests of your house feel the same way.
Mara
Apr 23, 2008 Mara rated it it was amazing
A cozy little read on how to make your house a home, and what "home" means to you. Good for gals beginning to build their "home", or who have to move all the time (like me!).
Jenene
Jan 28, 2008 Jenene rated it really liked it
Our MOPs book. It makes me feel normal to know that all mommies and families go thru similar crazy times. This book proves that it is ok!
Amanda
Apr 08, 2008 Amanda rated it really liked it
Good "mom/wife" book....this is the book that MOPS is using for this year.
Rachel
Sep 16, 2007 Rachel rated it really liked it
A MOPS recommended book that I got on ILL. I am looking forward to this one!
Jessica Bukowinski
Jan 07, 2012 Jessica Bukowinski rated it liked it
Quick, readable, and provocative enough to be worth the time
Janalyn
Dec 05, 2008 Janalyn rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I've been reading it over the last 18 months in short spurts. I'm sad for it to be over. Every time it refocused me on what matters most.... my family.
Michelle Hughes
Michelle Hughes marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
White
White added it
Jul 17, 2016
Queenbusick
Queenbusick rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
ShanLandis
ShanLandis marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Alison K worker
Alison K worker marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Marleen
Marleen rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2015
Lisa Morrow
Lisa Morrow marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Jennifer Shepard
Jennifer Shepard marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Nancy Attey
Nancy Attey marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
booklearner
booklearner marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Robin Stewart ha
Robin Stewart ha marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015