Start by marking “Never Love a Stranger” as Want to Read:
Never Love a Stranger

Never Love a Stranger

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  9 reviews
One ordinary evening, Annie finds a gorgeous, naked man in her kitchen--a criminal from the distant future who's running for his life. Now Annie and James have to find a way to change the future before fifty million people die...
Published June 1st 2005 by New Concepts Publishing (first published August 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Never Love a Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Love a Stranger

Sofia Grey
Annie has been widowed for a year and is lonely, but even while she thinks longingly of some male company, she doesn’t consider the kind that just turns up in her kitchen… stark naked. Not only that but he says he cannot explain why – or how – he’s there. Like that. There’s no sign of a break in and all the doors are still locked.

“Fine. Don’t bother to explain,” she growled. “I wouldn’t want you to strain yourself coming up with a story. But what exactly do you want from me? Dinner?”
To her shock
Tracy
Interesting Concept Collapses Under Weight of Execution Problems
Since Annie Simpson's husband died a year ago, she's been living a lonely, boring life. At first it helped her heal, but now her days seem empty and lacking purpose. One night, however, Annie enters her kitchen and is stunned and scared to see a large, gorgeous, naked man standing there. Before she can flee or call the police, James convinces her he's not going to hurt her. When Annie finds out he has come back to the past to flee t
Carrie
Ellen Fisher did a very good job with the whole time-travel plot. I'm not going to give a summary of it because I think this story is best experienced "cold." The story wasn't perfect, there are a few choppy areas and the purpose of a couple of scenes isn't quite clear, but overall this story gives a fresh spin on the time-traveling tale. I think the first half of the book is the stronger part (Fisher does a good job with making the reader believe the "newness" of the time period for the travele ...more
Sabrina
I really wanted to like this, it actually pained me to finish this, it really did. It's not as fantastically written as some of the reviews lead me to believe. I get its a novella, short and sweet, right? Well, it's short but this one is not sweet. It was choppy and rushed but with poor taste, lacking in detail in some areas and too much in others. I could probably keep going but I think the point is made. Maybe it's just me but it left me saying to myself "seriously?" a few too many times. I re ...more
Jane Doe
I, Robot with steamy graphic sex.
This was a different take on androids. It was okay, but slow in places and it didn't capture my interest as much as many other sci-fi romance book have and do. The interesting part was how it all fit together, the mystery of it. I didn't get a strong sense of the couple really being in love. Didn't really care for them.
It's worth a read just because of the mystery aspect and how it all fits together.
Teresa Mccullough
In fairness, I skipped most of the sex scenes, but the book works as a romance/science fiction story. It is a good story without the sex, and others may prefer reading graphic sex scenes as well.

It is hard to discuss the book without giving away some of the twists, but the twists were fun, even the predictable ones.
Vicki Tyley
“Maybe she was, this early in the pre-Colombian coffee era of the morning, but she couldn’t seem to grasp what the hair dryer had to do with him standing naked in the hall.”

An entertaining and steamy sci-fi romance. :)
Annarwen
Perfectly adequate... Could have been better, if not for the long drawn out, unnecessary info.
Debra Crosby
I Robot with flesh
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Julie-Ann Amos
Julie-Ann Amos marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Mar 17, 2014
Gemma
Gemma marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Campbell
Campbell marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Nicola Murdochrundell
Nicola Murdochrundell marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013