Start by marking “Mr Bear & The Bear” as Want to Read:
Mr Bear & The Bear

Mr Bear & The Bear

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A grumpy old man rescues a dancing bear from a horrid life and takes him home to live on his large estate, thereby making life better for both of them.
Unknown Binding, 1 page
Published January 1st 1994 by Andersen Press (UK) (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Mr Bear & The Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr Bear & The Bear

Furqan
Christina Rossetti wasn't exactly the most exciting woman (and that's putting it gently), but certainly an interesting one. Her insane religiosity and extreme reticence was unappealing at times and embarrassingly, I was more drawn towards her agnostic brothers - the wayward and extravagant Dante Gabriel Rossetti and honest and loyal William Rossetti. Christina didn't make any close friends, she never married, rejecting three marriage offers for mostly religious reasons. After reading the biograp ...more
Helen Kitson
Best known for her extraordinary long poem Goblin Market, Christina Rossetti is a shadowy figure about whom little is known (in large part because she scrupulously ensured that very little of her more private writings (letters, for example) survived her). Her religion - from which she seems never to have wavered - was a brand of Anglicanism that strikes many modern readers as being rigid and overly concerned with self-denial. She was an inward-looking person who seems to have avoided society and ...more
Ian Timothy
I found this book tiresome and I so wanted to like it. In fairness, I purchased it because I desired to discover something about Frances Thomas's writing style - It is a book of undoubted technical writing ability and I believe this is what makes it so sterile - I'm certain many will enjoy it, its not for me (no book will appeal to everyone). Buy it if you have a desire to discover something of Rossetti - If you have no interest in her, I have to write, forget it.
jacky
Apr 07, 2010 jacky rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: toddlers, preschoolers
Recommended to jacky by: a toddler :)
Shelves: board-books, lib-lew
A little girl at the library handed this book to Natalie and I, so I read it to Natalie and let her look at it. She tried to chew on it, of course, which was a little gross because its a library board book. The pictures weren't exactly cute because of the monster, but they were interesting to look at. Might be a good book to revisit when Natalie is older and understands opposites.
Smiley
i've had this book sense i was 6, it's about a girl who had chiken pox on her birthday and it shows her diary of what happened while she had the chiken pox. it's a great book and it's a quick read. I have this book because on the same day of my 6th birthday party i got my first chiken pox bump on my face my mum bought it for me to cheer me up.
Amanda
Very cute. Rhymes and has easy to understand opposite pairs. DS really got into this one because he knew some of the words- up, down, little, big, open, closed. I think the ending is genius!
Rachel
My 4 year old son rates this as a 5 star book, it really helps with number recognition and counting, and my 2 year old adores it too - a great book for little ones.

Rachel Dove
Katie
Best book i read when i was little, and one of the first. Loved Polly and the pictures, of how much money and food she has for running away:)
oliviasbooks
Read for the first time in 1987. Still like it lots - even after more than twenty years and several rereads.
Pooja Dimba
The book was OK.
It reminded me a lot of Jacqueline Wilson's books.
Rosierosie1234
When I was a child I loved reading this book over again and again!!!
Rosie
I really like this book but can't get my son into it yet.
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Bookishwoman
Bookishwoman marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
DW4
DW4 added it
Sep 09, 2014
Historygirlx
Historygirlx marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Christina Rossetti 1 2 Sep 17, 2013 07:37AM
I Found Your Diary One Day, Daddy: Picture Book What If The Bear and Mr. Bear Polly's Really Secret Diary