Start by marking “Atlas of Human Anatomy” as Want to Read:
Atlas of Human Anatomy

Atlas of Human Anatomy (Netter Basic Science)

4.47  ·  Rating Details ·  2,431 Ratings  ·  113 Reviews
Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy is the most loved and best selling anatomy atlas in the English language. In over 540 beautifully colored and easily understood illustrations, it teaches the complete human body with unsurpassed clarity and accuracy. This new edition features 45 revised, 290 relabeled and 17 wholly new plates, drawn fully in the tradition of Frank Netter, an ...more
Published June 23rd 2006 by W.B. Saunders Company (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Atlas of Human Anatomy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Atlas of Human Anatomy

Dinjolina
Aug 08, 2012 Dinjolina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book!
I really do.
:holds it close to her hart:

It made my dreams come true!
Well..it did not.
I actually hated it when I had to learn the basics of Anatomy in my first year of medicine.
It was as much fun as that plastic brain I had.
(On my desk - not as my regular brain substitution, mind you!)

Any way, even thou –at the time- I had a nausea attack as soon as I saw it, I now praise it.
PRAISE THE LORD,HALLELUJAH,I'VE BEEN SAVED!
And I was!
It's a good book to consult on many issues.
It was be
Evan
Jun 22, 2009 Evan rated it it was amazing
Netterer's sort of a douche -- can't help signing his name to every page and spelling it out in acrostics and reminding you of his many degrees (I think in his author photo he's wearing a tshirt printed with his CV) -- but his work is fantastic: his drawings capture the real appearance of the meat so that if/when you look at an actual body, you can identify its parts without much trouble. As importantly, he thinks carefully about point of view: the angles of his illustrations allow you to see ho ...more
Karen
Aug 10, 2007 Karen rated it liked it
As a medical illustrator, this is one of more unrealistic and highly inaccurate atlases out there. Although most in the medical profession see it as their bible, there are much better anatomy books out there! Don't get me wrong, the pictures are very pretty and colorful, but as a reference you're much better off with Thieme, Clemente, or even Grant.
Turki Almalki
Mar 04, 2012 Turki Almalki rated it it was amazing
واحد من افضل الاطابس الطبية في حياتي
طبعا الرسام والطبيب والجراح الكبير فرانك نتر وضع بصماته على هذا الكتاب العظيم
وجعل التشريح مبسط مع الصور بكافة تفاصيلها
Michelle
Jan 10, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. If you want to know what your body looks like from inside, this is the book to have. Helps you understand-visually-the inner workings of your body.
Ibraheem Abdelwahab
Jun 14, 2012 Ibraheem Abdelwahab rated it it was amazing
الإعجاز فيه انه مرسوم بالإيد ، و دقيق جدا جدا جدا لأبعد الحدود ، الأطلس دا تحفة فنية
Terran
Oct 16, 2016 Terran rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, for-serious
Picked this up for my daughter (age 5), who's going through an obsession-with-anatomy phase.

I'm not in the medical fields myself, so I can't evaluate this the way that a physician or anatomist would. But from an outsider's perspective, I can definitely appreciate it as a work of scholarship and of art. I suspect it's a classic for good reason. Beautifully detailed and thorough illustrations. Gives me a lot better understanding of the body. And, more importantly, gives us something to show our da
هبه الدعوشى
Of course with this Altas ,"read" isn't an appropriate word ,but it should be "Studied" .. :D
It was my best friend during the whole 2 years of studying Anatomy ,and i think it always will be my favorite reference .
Kristie Ennis
Nov 23, 2014 Kristie Ennis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: print-reference
Atlas of human anatomy (5th ed.). (2011). Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders/Elsevier.

Type of Resource: Geographical/Atlas

Review By: Kristie Hofelich Ennis

Content/Scope: Covering the entire human body, this "atlas" offers students studying in the medical field up-to-date images that correlate to current diagnostics and practice. The student online access code allows for an even deeper study of anatomy as needed, and study tools as well.

Accuracy/Authority/Bias: This is a fifth edition text; the illustra
Elizabeth
Aug 05, 2013 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: med-books
I used this book mainly in my anatomy classes of pre-clinical years in med school. It is especially helpful when preparing for and reviewing dissections. It is certainly the most popular book among students in my program and it would be hard to imagine gross lab without its ubiquitous presence, though I personally found it sometimes lacking in content (maybe my expectations were too optimistic).
The material is presented in a clear way, and the drawings are fairly realistic. My main complaint wou
Veronica
Finally done, yay! I love basically anything to do with human anatomy, so this book has been my bedtime story for a while (nerd. yes, I can hear you saying it). Illustrations are incredibly well done, and while the whole concept of a human body is very complicated, I really felt like I understood this. Wonderful!
Quang Nhật
Jul 05, 2012 Quang Nhật rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medical-books
Attached to my school life as a first-year medical student.
Perfect for learning and understanding human anatomy.
Omar
Jul 15, 2013 Omar rated it it was amazing
ohhh I really like this book
its really a book from an artist
I used it PROGRAM WITH which I highly recommend its amazing
Eric
Dec 11, 2007 Eric rated it really liked it
It's not just an anatomy atlas... It's a beautifully illustrated art book - perfect for the coffee table - that reveals the incredible complexity of the human body.
Maha Balouch
Jan 17, 2013 Maha Balouch rated it it was amazing
Shelves: textbook
This helped me ace all the practical exams in my anatomy lab classes!
Michael
Apr 30, 2008 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Netter rocks. 'nuf said!
Azhar
Dec 31, 2016 Azhar rated it really liked it
I "love" anatomy~ hehe... saya lebih suka Netter ketimbang yokochi apalagi sobotta yang sangat tebal.. :')
pchan
Feb 06, 2011 pchan rated it it was amazing
This is a classic. Rightly so.

Frank Netter's artistic renditions of the human body are the mainstay of the book. They're excellent, particularly if you appreciate art.

People have said there are some inaccuracies but so far I haven't found any. But it's quite possible I haven't looked hard enough.

Nevertheless I think this book is more than sufficient for any medical student to learn the fundamentals of human anatomy. I would think the inaccuracies matter more for anatomists than med students.
Robyn
Jun 16, 2012 Robyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bought for pharmacy school, used *a lot* during the Anatomy class & lab. It was great study material for the Anatomy Lab Practical during our 5 lab trips to the Med School Morgue.

One memory worth sharing:
During lunch of the last of our anatomy morgue labs (Endocrine, Urinary, & Reproduction), I was at a table w/ some of my pharmacy school friends (mostly the ladies of various nationalities & home countries). One of my friends who grew up in Texas, said, "In Texas, we've been studying
Stephanie
Jun 22, 2008 Stephanie rated it liked it
It's rather inaccurate to say I'm reading this, though the illustrations are thoroughly labelled. This is really an exquisite picture book about the human body. One doesn't so much read it as study the gorgeous drawings.

I'm taking an advanced anatomy class right now, which is incredibly challenging, and this book has been a lifesaver. When I haven't had time to spend time in the lab outside of class, this book has helped me to learn and re-learn all the muscles and nerves and vessels, etc.

The
Erika E S
Sep 02, 2015 Erika E S rated it liked it
Shelves: education
Te ayuda a esclarecer ciertas dudas que tienes tras leer texto y más texto en anatomía. Si te gustan los colores, es una gran apuesta para hacer un buen repaso.
medmedmed
AGamarra
Oct 10, 2015 AGamarra rated it it was amazing
El mejor compendio de anatomía ilustrada que pueda existir. No entiendo por qué leo algunas críticas pero el maestro Netter marcó un paradigma de ilustraciones anatómicas a seguir. Con un excelente realismo, tal y como cual lo vemos en la disección real, todas las partes del cuerpo están representadas con una exactitud sorprendente.
Así mismo te da diferentes puntos de vista que pueden ayudar en la disección y el acto quirúrgico. Es un imprescindible para todo estudiante de Anatomía. Muy recomend
Ruth
Sep 28, 2015 Ruth added it
Shelves: non-fiction
I got this book when I was taking anatomy classes because everyone in my class was like ZOMG you gotta get this book the illustrations are amazing and everything will be so much easier to study than from our textbook illustrations. So I found a used copy and the pictures were very detailed, but if you don't study and you don't grasp how the blood system works, nothing is going to help so just fill out a job application to be a desk filling admin assistant.
Madelyn Bacchiocchi
Frank Netter's work is amazing. He is talented and detailed. It is one of the best atlases I have ever used. Though it should be noted that there are many anatomical features shown on each page, which sometimes leads to a significant amount of lines to follow to the words; some people are irritated at this, while I personally found it helpful to have everything named. Overall, Netter's work is very helpful and detailed.
Nikhil P. Freeman
More of a coffee table book than a textbook; Netter's Clinical Anatomy might be slightly better--even Marieb's Anatomy & Physiology had enough detailed information. Pictures are excellent of course, but if you don't know what you are looking for or at without a proper framework or context, it can be confusing.
Chloë
Jun 16, 2013 Chloë rated it it was amazing
Netter's is pretty much the best textbook you can get for anatomy. However, you will need an accompanying clinical textbook - or at least, access to google! The diagrams are clear, and give you a sound idea of the layers of the body. If you can't afford this atlas, the Netter's colouring book is also a very useful (and cheaper) purchase.
Katie Bananas
Definitely the best atlas that is made up of schematic pictures!!! In combination with the Color Atlas, they were both excellent tools to complement each other to teach me anatomy!!! I first read this in 2012, re-reading it makes all the difference
Dudegreen
Feb 02, 2014 Dudegreen rated it it was amazing
The quintessential anatomy textbook. His drawings are legendary and one of a kind. I have his illustrations burned into my brain as the cornerstone of my anatomy knowledge base. A must have for all physicians.
Andy
Dec 18, 2007 Andy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
We spend our entire lives in these bodies; best know how they're put together. From the pain in my temples to my double jointed pinkies I have found a beautiful depiction answering all of my anatomical questions.
Ebad
Mar 14, 2010 Ebad rated it really liked it
Excellent book to supplement an anatomy class. The book has no text which keeps the purpose of the book simple and to the point: page after page of labeled images.

The pictures are well drawn, and is a pleasure to look through even if you aren't studying anatomy.
grotesque human anatomy 1 11 Jun 07, 2014 11:44AM
  • Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
  • Textbook of Medical Physiology
  • Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, with E-Book
  • Clinically Oriented Anatomy
  • Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine: 16th Edition
  • Physiology (Board Review Series)
  • Gray's Anatomy for Students: With Student Consult Online Access
  • The Anatomy Coloring Book
  • Langman's Medical Embryology
  • Rapid Review Pathology
  • Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
Frank H. Netter (25 April 1906-17 September 1991) was an artist, physician, and most notably, a leading medical illustrator. He was also a Fellow of The New York Academy of Medicine.

Frank Henry Netter was born in Manhattan at 53rd Street and Seventh Avenue, and grew up wanting to be an artist. In high school, he obtained a scholarship to study at the National Academy of Design, doing so at night w
More about Frank H. Netter...

Netter Basic Science (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Netter's Atlas of Human Neuroscience
  • Netter's Neuroscience Flash Cards (Netter Basic Science)
  • Netter's Essential Physiology: With Student Consult Online Access
  • Netter's Physiology Flash Cards
  • Netter's Atlas of Neurophysiology and Neuroanatomy (Netter Basic Science)
  • Netter's Cranial Nerve Collection (Netter Basic Science)
  • Netter's Advanced Head & Neck Flash Cards Updated Edition
  • Netter's Head and Neck Anatomy for Dentistry
  • Netter's  Essential Histology (Netter Basic Science)
  • Netter's Atlas of Human Embryology