Mexico (Country Guide)

Mexico (Lonely Planet Country Guide)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Discover Mexico
Find your inner archaeologist among the ancient Maya temples of jungle-covered Palenque
Breathe in the crisp air as you ride the railroad through the spectacular Copper Canyon
Cheer on the masked 'good guys' in one of Mexico City's raucous lucha libre (wrestling) bouts
Relax beside the azure Caribbean waters as you relish doing nothing in Playa del Carmen
In T...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Lonely Planet Publications (first published 1995)

Maria
This book was pretty informative and was what turned us on to the state of Michoacan in general and to Moralia in particular, for which I will always be grateful. There were some great food recommendations like La Inmaculada and Churros Rellenos. Hotel info was so-so, some of the places were definitely not as advertised especially when it came to connectivity. Also there were a few epicly bad sets of directions (the path to the waterfall ended at what looked like a place for dumping bodies and a...more
Jackie
As always, Lonely Planet provides great recommendations making travel a virtual no brainer. I was able to easily find clean hotels to stay in in Oaxaca city and Puerto Escondido, as well as websites to make reservations for bus trip from Mexico City to Oaxaca city and a combi ride from Oaxaca to Puerto Escondido. The descriptions clearly described what I could expect when traveling. Yeah for Lonely Planet making budget travel so easy!!
Juan
Pretty informative in the places it covers but too biassed and too many places missing.
I don't think LP guides should include information on hotels and restaurants anymore, at least not for major cities and big towns where there are a lot of options and often those recommend by LP aren't the best.
Yesica
LP's books are generally my go-to travel guides. This one on Mexico was good, but not great for info on the state of Oaxaca. If your looking for a region specific book you are better off going with a "Moon Handbook."
Kyle
Not the BEST travel book of all time, but the maps and hotel listings were used heavily during our trip across Mexico. Definitely helpful.
Penny
I"m reading this throughout the semester either:
1) in the bathtub;
or
2) while wearing my new swimsuit.

And it's keeping me sane.
Sheila
Excellent, thorough guide. Lonely Planet always covers travel that is more reasonable and less "touristy," which I love!
Tracey
Do guide books count, because I have several trips to plan for. Yippee!
Pru Shady
I found this book very helpful and full of some advice.
Reed
Never leave home without the Lonely Planet!!
Marta
pretty bland, ugh.
James Ron
James Ron marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Denise
Denise added it
May 13, 2014
I was a Slave in Russia I Found God In Soviet Russia Belize Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan Guatemala