Start by marking “Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren, #2)” as Want to Read:
Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren, #2)

Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren #2)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  2,764 Ratings  ·  219 Reviews

Published January 20th 2009 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Breakneck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakneck

Louise
Mar 19, 2009 Louise rated it it was amazing
Since Erica Spindler began her writing career I've never missed a novel yet, have never been disappointed by anything she has written to date, and "Breakneck" is no different.

Spindler has an uncanny ability to pen the most hair-raising, nail-biting and sit-on-the-edge of your seat stories! Her propsenity for creating characters and situations in a suspensful and thrilling story is what makes her so popular. You are pulled into the book from the first chapter.

Detective M.C. Riggio and her partner
Diane
Dec 08, 2013 Diane rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I thought this book was going to be a kind of sucky book - way too much love flowing between all the characters, then all of a sudden "wham" I didn't seen that coming. Talk about a lot of emotions running through this book, so very sad at times, and at other times makes one very angry.

The main characters seemed to have pulled their claws back - for a while. Then the big question arises - who do you trust? and shouldn't you be able to trust your partner? No? Maybe? No?

Loved this book - d
Cheryl
Dec 24, 2008 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Matt Martin was a part time college student and major computer hacker. He didn’t really have any friends and he rarely left the house, so why was he murdered?

Detective Mary Catherine”M.C.” Riggio and her partner, Detective Kitt Lundgren are back again. It seems in their latest case that someone is making it personal for M.C.

First M.C’s fiancé, Daniel Gallo, is found shot in the head and then her cousin, Tommy is found also shot in the head in his home. Who would want to kill Daniel and Tommy?
Samantha
May 27, 2015 Samantha rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. The book focused primarily on M.C. and the unfortunate instances that popped up for her but I was glad to get glimpses into what happened with Kit. I hope the author continues with the series.
Marianne
Jun 13, 2015 Marianne rated it really liked it
I love Kitt and M.C.!!!
Elvan
Apr 18, 2016 Elvan rated it really liked it
Never using the free wi-fi hotspots ever again. :)
Sylvia Morhart
Mar 03, 2015 Sylvia Morhart rated it it was amazing
Thank you again Erica! Every page was exciting to turn. And again kept me guessing right to the end.
Yvette Fontaine
Feb 15, 2015 Yvette Fontaine rated it really liked it
Solid 4 1/2 stars, very close to 5. Stayed up late so I could finish reading. Good, page-turner.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Jul 30, 2014 Kris - My Novelesque Life rated it really liked it
4 STARS

"A remorseless killer. A string of innocent, clean-cut victims. Detectives M.C. Riggio and Kitt Lundgren must race against a cold-blooded predator who moves at breakneck speed in this heart-pounding thriller from New York Times bestselling author Erica Spindler.

Hot on the heels of their last case, partners Mary Catherine (M.C.) Riggio and Kitt Lundgren, detectives in the police department's Violent Crimes Bureau in industrial, blue-collar Rockford, Illinois, are called out to a college st
Denise
Jun 09, 2010 Denise rated it liked it
3.0 out of 5 stars Fast-paced thriller breaks up in the middle...., January 8, 2009

This review is from: Breakneck (Hardcover)

This novel in the series featuring detective partners MC Riggio and Kitt Lundgren starts out with the murder of 20-year old computer hacker Matt Martin. The setting is Rockford, Illinois in January -- it's cold there and the case heats up as the body count rises. That was where the book started to devolve from really good to not so good for me. One after another, more peo
Stacey
Jan 24, 2015 Stacey rated it really liked it
This was a really good thriller. The cyber-theft ring was interesting and at least in my reading world, it hasn't been overdone. The killer was interesting and perfectly cold-hearted. Although some people were turned off by the short chapters, I thought it was different and worked ok. I like M.C. best of the two main characters and I think Kitt is okay. I felt horrible watching as the murder victims start to fall, and M.C. knows some of them. I agree with what other reviewers have said about pol ...more
Kelly
Feb 08, 2009 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When several seemingly unconnected young adults start to die in the same way, M.C. and Kitt must race against the killer to find the motive and protect more people from dying, but can they do it before the killer gets to them first?

Another fantastic installment from Erica Spindler, Breakneck follows on from the equally fantastic Copycat, but can be read independently. Apart from having to sleep, I couldn't put it down! It kept me gripped from the very first page, right up until the very last. I
Jennifer C.
Mary Catherine and Kitt are partners on the police force. So many people close to M.C. are being murdered. Kitt is having issues with her husband and is excited to try working things out with him on a vacation to Mexico. When people start dying around MC, Kitt decides to put her trip on hold. Her husband, Joe, understands this but just thinks that it's never going to work between the two of them. Kitt is very low throughout most of the book and is trying to divide her time between work and home. ...more
Barbara ★
I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery. Other than figuring out who the baddie was early on, it was interesting to watch the detectives narrow it down and nail his ass. I really like both Mary Catherine and Kitt, the two detectives. They are real and have real lives and real issues to contend with while performing the hellacious job of murder cop. I honestly don't know how cops do it day after day. After reading this book, I'm not sure I want to even think about hitmen and murder for a good while. We ...more
Jennifer (INnerSANITY)
Breakneck - a good solid novel featuring all my faves: murder.. Mystery.. Suspense.. Twists.. And a quick paced read filled with great character development!! And something new for me that I haven't really read about.. Cybercrime!
The only complaint I had was that M.C kept lying and hiding info from her partner!!! Shame on you!!!
But stuff happens.. And I felt better about her in the end.. ☺
Yep!! Another great read!!
Matty
Nov 18, 2015 Matty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: whodunnit, 2015
Another great detective mystery by Erica Spindler. I doubt that I realized it when I bought this, but it was the second book featuring M.C. and Kitt (the first being Copycat). Hopefully there will be more to come. There were a lot of twists that I didn't see coming and it was very fast paced and really kept my interest.
Ginger Weirich
Oct 03, 2015 Ginger Weirich rated it it was amazing
Cracker: A computer hacker. When a ring of “crackers” hits the wrong account, people begin dying. Detective Lundgren and her sidekick get taken on a merry chase of misdirection, and when the real culprit is revealed, well... This is another “new” author for me, and I found her storytelling very engaging. I will watch for more from this author. 5 stars.
Kathy
Jan 14, 2012 Kathy rated it it was amazing
This was a great suspense-filled book. You really had no idea who was committing all the murders until the end of the book. Erica did a great job making you dislike certain characters so you would suspect them. I really enjoy reading this author.
Cyndi minta
May 17, 2015 Cyndi minta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery read

Really enjoyed this. Good, quick read. Very likeable characters. Twisty and turny enough to hold the reader's attention throughout.
One of those mystery novels that you can't wait to get back to.

Nitasha
May 31, 2010 Nitasha rated it it was amazing
This Book is a novel and is AWOSME!!! Its about a police officer named M.C. Riggo. Her wedding was in commin and her fiance was shot. Then her cuz, Tommy was shot. SHe didnt know that this is a case in which her cousin was a cyber hacker.......
Sharon
Mar 08, 2009 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Again another "can't put down book"! Great mystery which I thoroughly enjoy. The main characters are carried over from previous books. So there is a continuing of the story line but that does not get in the way of 'mystery'.
Vicki Tyley
A bit disappointing. Of all the Erica Spindler books I’ve read, this is probably the one I’ve enjoyed the least. The first part of the book seemed to focus more on the protagonist's upcoming nuptials than the crime, which is most unlike Spindler.
Julian
Sep 29, 2015 Julian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book with a lot of suspense!!!
Michelle Wheeler
Apr 02, 2015 Michelle Wheeler rated it it was amazing
And again, Erica Spindler got me to the end without figuring it out. Fabulous book, on the edge of my seat.
Lucy McLaurin
May 09, 2015 Lucy McLaurin rated it it was amazing
Another fab book from this author. She never fails to keep me engrossed. Found it very hard to put down and feel a little disappointed that I've finished it!
Ginger
Feb 27, 2011 Ginger rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Erica Spindler Fans
Erica Spindler does it again! This book was a good, quick read. I would've given this one 5 stars, but I started figuring things out before the end. Still, a good mystery.
Meredith
Aug 16, 2015 Meredith rated it really liked it
Really good. Fast read. College students being murdered for cyber crimes. I like the Kiit/MC partnership.
Sandy
Feb 14, 2015 Sandy rated it really liked it
Hard to believe I have never read Erica Spindler. Good story, intriguing mystery. Could be a 4.5.
Renée Verdoodt
Oct 07, 2015 Renée Verdoodt rated it it was amazing
Great read
Kristen
Jun 22, 2015 Kristen rated it it was amazing
WOW - loving the Kitt series. WANT more.
  • The Cold Room (Taylor Jackson, #4)
  • One False Move
  • Last Look (Last #1; John Mancini #11)
  • The Dying Game (Griffin Powell, #7)
  • Don't Scream
  • Unknown Means
  • Blood Sins (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #11)
A New York Times and International bestselling author, Erica Spindler's skill for crafting engrossing plots and compelling characters has earned both critical praise and legions of fans. Her stories have been lauded as “thrill-packed page turners, white- knuckle rides and edge-of-your-seat whodunits.”

Erica loves meeting and interacting with her fans, both in person and online. She has a wicked se
More about Erica Spindler...

Kitt Lundgren (2 books)
  • Copycat (Kitt Lundgren, #1)