Start by marking “Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren, #2)” as Want to Read:
Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren, #2)

Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren #2)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  2,225 ratings  ·  173 reviews

Published January 20th 2009 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Breakneck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakneck

When You Dare by Lori FosterI Can See You by Karen RoseHeat Rises by Richard CastleYou Belong to Me by Karen RoseHave You Seen Her? by Karen Rose
Best Romantic Suspense 2011
35th out of 108 books — 22 voters
A Child Called "It" by Dave PelzerGo Ask Alice by Beatrice SparksThirteen Reasons Why by Jay AsherIn the Woods by Tana FrenchThe Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Books That Left You Depressed
44th out of 53 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

Louise
Since Erica Spindler began her writing career I've never missed a novel yet, have never been disappointed by anything she has written to date, and "Breakneck" is no different.

Spindler has an uncanny ability to pen the most hair-raising, nail-biting and sit-on-the-edge of your seat stories! Her propsenity for creating characters and situations in a suspensful and thrilling story is what makes her so popular. You are pulled into the book from the first chapter.

Detective M.C. Riggio and her partner
Bigd_041555
Okay, so I thought this book was going to be a kind of sucky book - way too much love flowing between all the characters, then all of a sudden "wham" I didn't seen that coming. Talk about a lot of emotions running through this book, so very sad at times, and at other times makes one very angry.

The main characters seemed to have pulled their claws back - for a while. Then the big question arises - who do you trust? and shouldn't you be able to trust your partner? No? Maybe? No?

Loved this book - d
Cheryl
Matt Martin was a part time college student and major computer hacker. He didn’t really have any friends and he rarely left the house, so why was he murdered?

Detective Mary Catherine”M.C.” Riggio and her partner, Detective Kitt Lundgren are back again. It seems in their latest case that someone is making it personal for M.C.

First M.C’s fiancé, Daniel Gallo, is found shot in the head and then her cousin, Tommy is found also shot in the head in his home. Who would want to kill Daniel and Tommy?
Samantha
I really enjoyed this one. The book focused primarily on M.C. and the unfortunate instances that popped up for her but I was glad to get glimpses into what happened with Kit. I hope the author continues with the series.
Sylvia Morhart
Thank you again Erica! Every page was exciting to turn. And again kept me guessing right to the end.
Marianne
I love Kitt and M.C.!!!
Stacey
This was a really good thriller. The cyber-theft ring was interesting and at least in my reading world, it hasn't been overdone. The killer was interesting and perfectly cold-hearted. Although some people were turned off by the short chapters, I thought it was different and worked ok. I like M.C. best of the two main characters and I think Kitt is okay. I felt horrible watching as the murder victims start to fall, and M.C. knows some of them. I agree with what other reviewers have said about pol ...more
Yvette Fontaine
Solid 4 1/2 stars, very close to 5. Stayed up late so I could finish reading. Good, page-turner.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4 STARS

"A remorseless killer. A string of innocent, clean-cut victims. Detectives M.C. Riggio and Kitt Lundgren must race against a cold-blooded predator who moves at breakneck speed in this heart-pounding thriller from New York Times bestselling author Erica Spindler.

Hot on the heels of their last case, partners Mary Catherine (M.C.) Riggio and Kitt Lundgren, detectives in the police department's Violent Crimes Bureau in industrial, blue-collar Rockford, Illinois, are called out to a college st
Kelly
When several seemingly unconnected young adults start to die in the same way, M.C. and Kitt must race against the killer to find the motive and protect more people from dying, but can they do it before the killer gets to them first?

Another fantastic installment from Erica Spindler, Breakneck follows on from the equally fantastic Copycat, but can be read independently. Apart from having to sleep, I couldn't put it down! It kept me gripped from the very first page, right up until the very last. I
Denise
3.0 out of 5 stars Fast-paced thriller breaks up in the middle...., January 8, 2009

This review is from: Breakneck (Hardcover)

This novel in the series featuring detective partners MC Riggio and Kitt Lundgren starts out with the murder of 20-year old computer hacker Matt Martin. The setting is Rockford, Illinois in January -- it's cold there and the case heats up as the body count rises. That was where the book started to devolve from really good to not so good for me. One after another, more peo
Jennifer C.
Mary Catherine and Kitt are partners on the police force. So many people close to M.C. are being murdered. Kitt is having issues with her husband and is excited to try working things out with him on a vacation to Mexico. When people start dying around MC, Kitt decides to put her trip on hold. Her husband, Joe, understands this but just thinks that it's never going to work between the two of them. Kitt is very low throughout most of the book and is trying to divide her time between work and home. ...more
Breakneck - a good solid novel featuring all my faves: murder.. Mystery.. Suspense.. Twists.. And a quick paced read filled with great character development!! And something new for me that I haven't really read about.. Cybercrime!
The only complaint I had was that M.C kept lying and hiding info from her partner!!! Shame on you!!!
But stuff happens.. And I felt better about her in the end..
Yep!! Another great read!!
Cyndi minta
Good mystery read

Really enjoyed this. Good, quick read. Very likeable characters. Twisty and turny enough to hold the reader's attention throughout.
One of those mystery novels that you can't wait to get back to.

Erica Hudson
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Lucy McLaurin
Another fab book from this author. She never fails to keep me engrossed. Found it very hard to put down and feel a little disappointed that I've finished it!
Barbara ★
I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery. Other than figuring out who the baddie was early on, it was interesting to watch the detectives narrow it down and nail his ass. I really like both Mary Catherine and Kitt, the two detectives. They are real and have real lives and real issues to contend with while performing the hellacious job of murder cop. I honestly don't know how cops do it day after day. After reading this book, I'm not sure I want to even think about hitmen and murder for a good while. We ...more
Pam
Great book as hers always are I love them. Intense couldn't put it down let alone it was written about the town I live in. It's a must read
Mandy Stewart
Great book! I did figure out who the killer was a little earlier than the first book in series but still just as suspenseful.
Sandy
Hard to believe I have never read Erica Spindler. Good story, intriguing mystery. Could be a 4.5.
Lori
Read it when it first came out, excellent book
Meredith
Really good. Fast read. College students being murdered for cyber crimes. I like the Kiit/MC partnership.
Izzy
i knew, i knew it, i knew it, from the moment smith was introduced, i knew that he was breakneck, or so i thought because breakneck was the perfect killer he's created, while he's only the underpaid agent who couldn't stop whining.

same 'ol, same 'ol, i guess from this moment on, i just need to stop expecting something extraordinary from crime novels, because too many were written, you just can expect what was about to happen.

nevertheless, three out of five.
Brenda Deuel
I really enjoyed this book. I hope there will be a book 3 in this series. I am very glad I found this author.
Mandy White
one of the best books i have read in a long time!
Michelle Wheeler
And again, Erica Spindler got me to the end without figuring it out. Fabulous book, on the edge of my seat.
Kristen
WOW - loving the Kitt series. WANT more.
Nitasha
This Book is a novel and is AWOSME!!! Its about a police officer named M.C. Riggo. Her wedding was in commin and her fiance was shot. Then her cuz, Tommy was shot. SHe didnt know that this is a case in which her cousin was a cyber hacker.......
Kathy
This was a great suspense-filled book. You really had no idea who was committing all the murders until the end of the book. Erica did a great job making you dislike certain characters so you would suspect them. I really enjoy reading this author.
Sharon
Again another "can't put down book"! Great mystery which I thoroughly enjoy. The main characters are carried over from previous books. So there is a continuing of the story line but that does not get in the way of 'mystery'.
  • The Immortals (Taylor Jackson, #5)
  • Last Look (Last #1)
  • One False Move
  • Don't Scream
  • Close Enough To Kill (Griffin Powell, #6)
  • Unknown Means
A New York Times and International bestselling author, Erica Spindler's skill for crafting engrossing plots and compelling characters has earned both critical praise and legions of fans. Her stories have been lauded as “thrill-packed page turners, white- knuckle rides and edge-of-your-seat whodunits.”

Erica loves meeting and interacting with her fans, both in person and online. She has a wicked se
More about Erica Spindler...

Kitt Lundgren (2 books)
  • Copycat (Kitt Lundgren, #1)
See Jane Die (Stacy Killian #1) Last Known Victim (Stacy Killian, #3) Copycat (Kitt Lundgren, #1) Killer Takes All (Stacy Killian, #2) Bone Cold