Start by marking “Watch Your Fucking Language: How to Swear Effectively, Explained in Explicit Detail and Enhanced by Numerous Examples Taken from Everyday Life” as Want to Read:

Let the squeamish beware!

Watch Your F*cking Language takes a no-holds-barred approach to taboo words and expressions. It shows you how to use them to your advantage -- and have fun doing so. Building on the lessons learned in English as a Second F*cking Language, this book emphasizes traditional English swears as well as powerful (and hidden) expressions from other culture
Published November 3rd 2004 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Watch Your Fucking Language, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watch Your Fucking Language

Bookish
May 15, 2011 Bookish rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, read-2011
There were some nuggets of awesomeness throughout what was largely a mediocre - and relatively nasty - book. After having read his first book, I expected this one to expand in a good direction...i.e. creative and magnificent swearing. Well, it did expand, but mostly in areas related to crass & vulgar slang for various body parts and sexual acts. THAT might be "swearing," but I'm more inclined to call it nasty language. A good swear does not make you throw up a little in your mouth at the men ...more
Bill
Nov 28, 2008 Bill rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fiction writers, pedants, Sociology students.
Shelves: reference
Good reference book for fiction writers or students researching a paper on language - particularly slang and colloquialism. This book concentrates more on usage than origins - and that's fine. I suspect the author wrote this to make a quick buck (cynic that I am) but I bought the book, read it, and spent the time to write this review. But, I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know from many years of drunken conversation in the corner bar...
Mel
Aug 31, 2008 Mel rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fic
Amy
What did I learn from this book? I learned that sex toys are banned in Alabama. Interesting, because I used to live in Huntsville, Alabama where the opening of the first drive-through "romance" shop, Pleasures, made news.

[image error]
Jamie
Aug 05, 2015 Jamie rated it it was ok
Unless you have no knowledge of swear words at all you probably won't get much more than the occasional laugh from this book. Save yourself the few quid and just have a search around Urban Dictionary instead.
Alexis
Jun 16, 2008 Alexis rated it liked it
A funny look into meanings of words and how in the blink of an eye you can go from sounding like a douche to sounding like a trailer trash goddess.
Meena  Somwaru
Oct 25, 2016 Meena Somwaru rated it it was ok
Funny book.
Steve Mitchell
Jul 25, 2011 Steve Mitchell rated it really liked it
This book is basically a guide on how to swear effectively; I am from Essex, I require no lessons. Very funny though.
Jessica
Jul 24, 2007 Jessica rated it it was ok
Shelves: novelty
It was okay. Interesting enough, but not a great work of literature or anything, obviously.
Beth
Apr 09, 2009 Beth rated it really liked it
I kept this in my purse and read a few pages when I had some downtime. Very funny (just don't let little ones see the front cover due to the title)!
Jane Doe
Jane Doe rated it really liked it
May 07, 2010
David
David rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2009
Joshua Smith
Joshua Smith rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2014
Ariestess
Ariestess rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2008
Manuel
Manuel rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2015
Dallas Schiegg
Dallas Schiegg rated it did not like it
Sep 29, 2013
Marize
Marize rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2011
Rick Christiansen
Rick Christiansen rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Michael Kershner
Michael Kershner rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2017
Jacob
Jacob rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2014
Cheri
Cheri rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2008
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2012
Klopfenpop
Klopfenpop rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2013
Sheri
Sheri rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2009
Chris Fade
Chris Fade rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Pobrecito
Pobrecito rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Jess Dickey
Jess Dickey rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2013
Diego Lopes Nogueira
Diego Lopes Nogueira rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Sterling Johnson--pseudonym of California writer Jeffrey Whitmore--is the author of the St. Martin's Press bestseller ENGLISH AS A SECOND F*CKING LANGUAGE ("Great f*cking book!"--Stephen King) and WATCH YOUR F*CKING LANGUAGE ("One of those rare smart and funny books."--Penn Jillette).

Whitmore is also the author of the 55-word classic "Bedtime Story" ("rather wonderful"--The Cambridge Introduction
More about Sterling Johnson...