Start by marking “Life's Golden Ticket: An Inspirational Novel” as Want to Read:
Life's Golden Ticket: An Inspirational Novel

Life's Golden Ticket: An Inspirational Novel

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  1,764 Ratings  ·  305 Reviews
The classic inspirational parable from the top motivation and marketing trainer and #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Millionaire Messenger—a triumphant tale of personal growth and change that will inspire anyone who has ever wished for a second chance.

What if you were handed a golden ticket that could magically start your life anew?

That question is at the heart
Published March 25th 2008 by HarperOne (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Life's Golden Ticket, please sign up.

Satina My FAVOURITE ALL TIME BOOK. I cried, I laughed, I was carried away by many scenes. This book WILL become a MOVIE...I have NO DOUBT. I invite you to…moreMy FAVOURITE ALL TIME BOOK. I cried, I laughed, I was carried away by many scenes. This book WILL become a MOVIE...I have NO DOUBT. I invite you to read it too....an amazing gift awaits those who are open.
You can start your transformation and get your FREE copy here:
www.LifesGoldenTIcket.com/friend(less)

Farah
Sep 06, 2011 Farah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ada masa-masa dimana saat kita menyerahkan hidup kita sepenuhnya kepada Tuhan, Tuhan justru membalikkan semua, segala hal yang kita tahu, kita kenal, dan kita pikir pernah ada di dalam jangkauan tangan kita. Lalu hidup kita tidak pernah lagi sama.

Dan itu terjadi pada gue.
Hidup yang gue sangka akan baik-baik saja, berjalan sempurna seperti yang gue inginkan, mimpi yang pernah dirajut pelan-pelan, direnggut paksa melalui cara-cara yang tidak pernah gue duga sebelumnya.

Lalu gelombang rasa sakit men
Ed
Dec 03, 2012 Ed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had come across this book at Goodwill and opened it to the front page with all the praise from some of the leaders in business development and success. I knew I had a winner.

And boy did I!

Everything I have learned over the years from self help books, life coaches, business coaches, lectures and videos were all crammed into an ingenious novel. Trying to distill the very essence of success and inspiration through fiction is a quite a feat. What Brendan Burchard has done is nothing short of a mir
Desiree
Feb 16, 2014 Desiree rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this book from a relative that borrowed it to me who had praised it but it fell short for my tastes. I read some of the reviews that called it contrived and hokey and I've got to admit that is exactly how I felt while reading it. The moral is good but it was a bit corny sometimes and cliche. I usually find more inspiration in books that are not necessarily meant to be "self-help" type books. It's a quick easy read though but there's nothing groundbreaking about it.
Jimmy
Sep 15, 2008 Jimmy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lagi-dipinjam
Tiket Emas Kehidupan

Aku belajar tentang dunia:
Dunia adalah tempat yang gelap.
Dunia adalah tempat yang menyedihkan
Dunia adalah tempat yang tidak adil
Dunia adalah tempat orang-orang yang tidak tahu menghargai
Dunia adalah tempat yang tidak pasti
Dan dunia ini akan siap menyalahkanmu setiap saat.

Aku belajar tentang orang lain:
Orang lain itu tidak ramah dan suka menyakiti
Orang lain itu bersikap dingin dan tidak perduli
Orang lain itu berhati kejam
Orang lain itu tidak adil

Aku belajar tentang diriku send
Nilam Suri
Apr 25, 2010 Nilam Suri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nilam by: Harun Harahap, Roos
Shelves: lifesoothing
it's a novel about second chance actually.
don't we human make mistake every once in a while, and sometime we are just too numb, or too tired, or too self-absorb to change it.

therefore we should thank people who care enough to be the living reminder. who never gave up hope on us, while we already gave up with ourselves.

and it won't be easy,we have to fight and we have to have courage, like Larry the lion-tamer said: ""hidup ini sprti di dlm kandang singa, kawan.takutlah, mundurlah, larilah dr apa
mai
May 09, 2016 mai rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
tidak ada buku yang bagus/jelek. Yang ada adalah bagaimana mood kita saat membaca buku tersebut, Itu yang menentukan penilaian kita terhadap suatu buku. Itu kata temen saya tadi pagi pas kita berdiskusi membahas buku IEP.

Kebetulan beberapa menit kemudian saya menyelesaikan buku ini. Dan yah, saya jadi menetapkan buku ini dalam kategori biasa aja karena pas saya baca, mood-nya lagi kacau+karena disambi dengan banyak buku lain wq.

mungkin karena saya udah berekspetasi berlebih duluan kali ya karen
Karen
Feb 26, 2008 Karen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book my new book club selected. At first I thought it was going to be great, but very soon after I started reading, I found the main character deeply annoying. He just made me mad. Over and over again. The book is written too simply for me - needed a little more intrigue and wit and a better twist or something. But it has a moral point and it is a good one, if you can make it to the end. Basically I see it as yet another in a long line of the recent trend of self-help books dis ...more
Jeffrey
Jul 12, 2008 Jeffrey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
OK, first of all, let me tell you HOW I gave this book two stars. It's actually an average. I gave it 1 star for the story and 4 for intent. Since I can't give halves, it gets a 2. I'll explain story / intent below.

I was at a business seminar getting ideas for my business when Brendon jumped on stage and said some funny, mildly informative, and (a few) thought provoking things. Nothing spectacular here, on stage or in the book. It's really all been done and said before. But what propels people t
Karen
Jul 06, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew nothing about Life's Golden Ticket when I downloaded it a couple weeks ago. I saw a post for the book on Facebook, read the blurb, thought it sounded interesting and downloaded it. I had not read any reviews or researched the author. I did not know what I was in for...

Life's Golden Ticket is a book about changing lives. Imagine taking a journey into your past and witness how every decision you have made has impacted your life today. Would it be enough to make you change your actions in th
Julie
Jan 10, 2017 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars... really really good
Audrey ❦❦❦
Sep 19, 2016 Audrey ❦❦❦ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Way too preachy. A moral tale that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Diah Sukmawati
Aug 05, 2012 Diah Sukmawati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How often do you feel happy? How often do you get stuck in a negative loop that created by yourself? Simple things like this become the main point of this book.

Normally I don’t read any motivation/inspiration/self-help book since I found that those kinds of book don’t have any permanent effect to “motivate or inspired or help myself” which means it IS has a effect for certain moment, like few days or weeks and I’m gonna end up thinking what I am doing is suck and won’t change anything that it’s
Courtney
Feb 28, 2017 Courtney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're a fan of Mitch Albom then this is book for you. Granted, it is housed in the self-help section and therefore reeks of the things you expect from that genre, but that's the kind of stuff that I love, so... yeah.
Janet
May 01, 2014 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
How to describe this without giving to much away. The message reminds you a little of `The Christmas Carol' and Ebenezer Scrooge (no Christmas in it though) but the book is a lot more personal than that. The opening scenes are very dramatic and your heart just drops a little as things start to unfold. We then get to the heart of this parable like tale. It is told through a backdrop of an old time carnival/circus. Each chapter we learn a bit more about what is going on and the lesson trying to be ...more
Angee Bartlett
May 12, 2011 Angee Bartlett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When my friend suggested I read this, I was a bit skeptical. She assured me it was a quick read and that I would learn a lot from it.

Okay, I gave it a try and was more than pleasantly surprised. Brendan Burchard has written a truly great book. I laughed, I cried, and I thought. It brought memories to the surface that had been long buried and made me think about where I am going with my life.

The main character narrates his fantasy trip which takes place in an abandoned amusement park that isn't a
Harun Harahap
May 13, 2009 Harun Harahap rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: punya, fiksi, terjemahan
ni buku keren bangedddd...

tapi sesuai permintaan sang penulis..bahwa pembacanya dilarang membaca chapter terakhir karena ga bakal seru lagi..jadi gw juga ga akan ngasih spoilernya..*walaupun sebenernya sempet tergoda untuk baca bab terakhir..hmm..tapi saya berhasil bertahan..huehehehe..salute 4 myself..*

pokoke ni kisah perjalanan seseorang yang mendapat kesempatan untuk belajar tentang kehidupan yang telah ia jalani..

banyak pelajaran yang bisa diambil..tentang kebenaran..maaf..cinta..cara pandan
Susan
Apr 09, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone feeling a little low
I thought this book was amazing. Some of it was a little like ok so everyone is explaining their life story, but ultimately it made you look at yourself. it was simple to grasp the concepts in the story and exciting to read. you wanted to read the story because well, theme parks are cool.

It was lovely, not in a way where you would cry or anything like that. But just on the realisation that you know things can be different. I read it thinking about people I know living lives they find unfulfilli
Faythe Swanson
Jul 31, 2012 Faythe Swanson rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book way more than I thought I would. It kept my interest from beginning to end, always wondering what would happen next. I loved that it was unpredictable. There were times when I would laugh, & then the next moment my heart would be pounding! I felt many different emotions while reading this book. It would make a GREAT movie! It's been a while since I last read a really good book, & this is one I HIGHLY recommend. What a great book about personal growth & change. Mak ...more
Kierstin
Jun 21, 2016 Kierstin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although a quick read, this book is very poignant. I actually highlighted some sections, knowing I wanted to revisit them. The idea of this story has been told before; the choices we make in life are ours alone of course, but the significance of those choices are paramount in our present and future. I love the way this story is presented and how the possibilities are laid out here. I love this book. It was truly a great gift to myself, and will be to all of those who receive the ticket.
Jonathan
May 20, 2016 Jonathan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A relative I love gave this to me, and I read it because they were very inspired by it. But the whole time, I knew what was in that stupid, gimmicky envelope. This book is just a drawn-out version of one of those insufferable inspiration posters. In reality, it will change your life about as much as a soggy sandwich.
Tiffany
Nov 08, 2016 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was given to me as a gift from one of my dearest friends... It also gave me so many gifts along the way as I read it. What a beautiful reminder that we are in charge of our lives and it is never too late for second chances!
Palsay
duh bingung mo ngerate berapa...3 stars, 4 stars? yah 3,5 stars lah...
tapi siapa sih saya, berani-beraninya ngerate buku ini yang mungkin bagi beberapa orang memberikan arti besar?

Keren lah buku ini...cara Brendon menjelaskan arti kehidupan cukup brillian juga...

A. Moses Levitt
Aug 26, 2011 A. Moses Levitt marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sophie, viksi
Cara yang terbaik untuk menyembuhkan diri adalah "melawan" semua hal yang buruk dan negatif dalam diri kita. kita tidak hidup dari kata2 orang atau pandangan orang, kita hidup dengan kemauan kita sendiri.
Kerri
Oct 11, 2016 Kerri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly a parable with a number of messages rather than just one. Very creative approach by the author to make his point using easy to understand analogies under a larger theme. An original approach with a nice message on how to live your life with intention, love and forgiveness.
Sep 03, 2016 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Way too preachy and condescending.
Wendi Dusseault
This is a tough one for me to rate. Cute idea and quick read. I'd recommend this book for anyone who is looking to make a change in their life. Because I'm not there, for me it was a good story. The story is interesting and the "journey" allows the reader to both view from afar and ponder their own life if they so choose. I can think of a few people who might really love this book and I'll be buying them copies for sure!
Emmie
Jan 21, 2017 Emmie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though this story is inspirational, it is can be draggy. Some parts of the story is ambiguous especially the last part. The golden ticket contents are unclear as well. Whist there are many lesson take away in the story and I applaud the author's imaginative streak, it can be better if the content is more succinct.For that, I'd give it 3 stars. It does not meet my expectations.
Brian Zantop
Feb 06, 2017 Brian Zantop rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Very cool. Life lessons throughout the whole book. Alot of which hit home. A very good story and nicely done.
Patricia Galbani
Excellent book! Highly recomended!
Tahnie
Mar 25, 2017 Tahnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! It is never too late to start a brand new life.
  • The 80/20 Individual: How to Build on the 20% of What You do Best
  • Rencana Besar
  • The Men's Guide to the Women's Bathroom
  • Friendships Don't Just Happen!: The Guide to Creating a Meaningful Circle of GirlFriends
  • Tesa
  • Prints Charming (Sisters, Ink, #0)
  • Living Big: Embrace Your Passion and Leap Into an Extraordinary Life
  • Saga no Gabai Bachan (Nenek Hebat dari Saga)
  • Grow Your Value: Living and Working to Your Full Potential
  • Balada Ching-Ching dan Balada Lainnya
  • Do What You Love, The Money Will Follow: Discovering Your Right Livelihood
  • Jacob's List
  • Remember Everything You Want and Manage the Rest: Improve your Memory and Learning, Organize Your Brain, and Effectively Manage Your Knowledge
  • I Can (not) Hear: Perjalanan Seorang Anak Tuna Rungu Menuju Dunia Mendengar
  • Baked In: Creating Products and Businesses That Market Themselves
  • The Medici Dagger
  • Tidings of Comfort & Joy: A Tender Story of Love, Loss, and Reunion
  • Words to Live By: A Guide for the Merely Christian
BRENDON BURCHARD is the author of the New York Times bestselling book, THE CHARGE, and the #1 New York Times bestseller THE MILLIONAIRE MESSENGER. He is also founder of High Performance Academy, the legendary personal development program for achievers, and Experts Academy, the world's most comprehensive marketing training program for aspiring authors, speakers, coaches, and online thought leaders. ...more
More about Brendon Burchard...

“Grant me the strength to focus this week, to be mindful and present, to serve with excellence, to be a force of love.” 9 likes
“Here we go. Another step. Small, bold steps. That’s how you change. You must take another step.” 4 likes