Start by marking “The De Santis Marriage (Wedlocked!)” as Want to Read:
The De Santis Marriage (Wedlocked!)

The De Santis Marriage (Wedlocked!)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  528 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Italian tycoon Luciano De Santis is breathtaking in every way: he has power, success, and a devastating effect on women. Now Luc needs a bride and he's decided that ordinary Lizzy Hadley will be his wife! He's set his trap and blackmailed her, and he knows she can't refuse him. But there's one condition Luc fails to mention;as his wife, Lizzy must produce an heir!
Published September 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The De Santis Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The De Santis Marriage

The Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamBond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle ReidThe Trophy Husband by Lynne GrahamTempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham
My Fave Harlequins
117th out of 514 books — 132 voters
On the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesDevil in Winter by Lisa KleypasWallbanger by Alice ClaytonIt Happened One Autumn by Lisa KleypasSeduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas
Top 100 Romance Books
52nd out of 100 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Alex is The Romance Fox

I can’t decide if I liked this story. I didn’t exactly hate it, but I didn’t love it either. I think the mc’s were the cause of the problem….especially in the first half of the story!!!

Elizabeth (it’s beyond my comprehension that anyone would prefer to be called Lizzy instead…….such a horrid nickname IMO!!) is in Italy , as her best friend’s bridesmaid, who is getting married to the uber rich, uber gorgeous, uber sexy Luc De Santis. This heroine has not had a great life so far – her father ignor
Jacqueline

Well written forced marriage novel. The writing was emotional and interesting. My biggest problem is with the hero's motives and actions. He is engaged to her best friend but come to find out that he fell in love with the heroine at first sight months ago at a party hosted by his in-laws to be. After which he no longer sleeps with the fiance. But he makes no effort to break up with her and the story starts a week before the wedding. The fiance runs off and he immediately blackmails the
Joy
I'm having a love-hate feeling about this book. It's something I've read somewhere before, the fiancé of her best friend that sends shivers to her spine. It's promising in the beginning but as the story progressed there's that heavy feeling lingering about. Lizzy is depressing as hell, she's shy and has very low self-esteem, and Luc is a domineering ass who plays dirty.

I was hoping somewhere along the way he'd soften up and confess that he wanted her from the beginning but this is one of those s
Jenny
Hero falls hard for his fiancé's young and naive best friend and blackmails her into marriage.

I loved this book. I loved the sexy, arrogant, smitten hero and the feisty but vulnerable heroine. I really liked how Lizzy, and Luc couldn't keep their hands off each other. The chemistry between them was HOT! Oh and MR sure knows how to write a good long grovel scene!
Booklover
Luciano Genovese De Santis "Luc" to his friends was every girls alpha dream man and so much more. Elizabeth "Lizzie" to everyone else but Luc was infatuated with Luc, but who wouldn't be six foot three, drop dead gorgeous, suave, and mega rich but engaged to her best friend. Lizzie was in Milan the week before the wedding and all hell broke loose because Bianca Lizzie's best friend ran off with Lizzie's brother. Bianca's parents asked Lizzie to go to Lake Como and tell Luc the news of what Bianc ...more
Paula Legate
I normally don’t like books about blackmail, or revenge. However this was a really good story. I really liked how Lizzy, and Luc was drawn to one another. The chemistry between them was HOT! Luc never questioned his destiny. It was just known he would marry Bianca. They both came from wealth. The day he met Lizzy, Bianca’s best friend is the day he questioned his life, and choices. It was one week before his wedding to Bianca. I don’t won’t to spoil the book for you, but it was a good book. I’m ...more
Mo
Banter. Such a strange thing to find in a Mills & Boon, but this couple had it. It was fun actually. The two of them bounced back and forth between animosity and adoration constantly, and I loved the reconciliation scene at the end. There was a light and knowing feel to this couple that I've never found in M&B before. I rather loved it.
Erika
I kept reading the book because I was waiting for some redemption, some explanation of why Luc did what he did, some apologize and happy ending like in most of the forced marriages stories, but this didn't do it for me.
He forces her to marry him, he humiliates her, he made the whole world think of her as a home wrecker, he fooled her father into thinking she was some kind of gold digger and made him hate her and humiliate her too, then he insulted her, mocked her, took control of her life, he t
sbf20112011
Pretty good emotion, which Michelle Reid is almost always good at. It got a little confusing at the end and I wish it had tied up the loose ends a little better, especially with Bianca. Still, compared to most HPs, Michelle Reid almost always stands out, in my opinion.
Roub
hilarious one! luc was absolutely crazy! crazy about elizabeth! i absolutely loved this one! very entertaining! & the sex was too hot, mind-blowing! it was obvious luc was besotted wid his wife, had been for a longtime. i'm confused about the end as i understood he told bianca to go away! but i saw other reviews where bianca actually lied about this. what i understood is dat she lied about being pregnant but the rest was the truth. luc sent her away and she knew he was falling for lizzy. i m ...more
TheMadHatter
I have just finished a relatively long and boring book and just about to start a more serious book so looking for a quick gap Friday night read to "re-set" my reading meter. Found this at the back of the cupboard.....say no more.

I use to read these books in my teens and early 20s and I think I have outgrown them or maybe they have outgrown me????

This is the usual "arranged marriage" formula:

Him: "Though shall marry me or I will destroy your family"
Her: "Oh you big bad meanie." two second later
Bukola
Well I really do not know how to write a review on this book without spoilers. Kudos to Michelle Reid for this beautiful love story. The price of a bride and Mia and the powerful Greek still remains my favorite Michelle Reid books.

Lizzy Hadley is in Italy for the wedding of her best friend Bianca to millionaire Luc De Santis. It's her last getaway before a family scandal in London hits the papers, and things don't go as planned. Lizzy finds herself attracted to Luc, and Bianca runs off with Lizz
~E~ Riverina Romantics
3.5 Hearts

Hotness 2 out of 5

I've been in a sexy, dominating, millionaire type of mood lately and Harlequin books are always a good place to start.

I have a whole shelf full of stories and I picked up the first Mediterranean Tycoon Anthology and started reading.

I didn't mind The De Santis Marriage. It took me a few hours to devour and although I didn't love it entirely at times I was frantically turning the pages.

The main plot of this story involved a whole heap of heated arguing between Lizzy
Myriam El Kholi
I love this book

I read negative reviews about this book and I was reluctant to read it but it's Michelle Reid , I would probably end up reading all her stuff and I was not disappointed. Don't believe the bad reviews this book is too passionate to miss. I think I teared at the end when the hero confessed his love . This is a keeper and I think whenever I need a surge of love and passion I will revisit it .
Baseballmom
A must read!!! d;)

Loved it! Good story, I really liked the H and h.... and the ending......I loved how the H kept telling herione he loved her and was going to keep saying until she believed him. This one is a keeper! d:)
Elaine
I was exciting enough, but I won't give it 5 stars because I think the dialogue was a little off at times. Also the fact that he felt attracted to her at first because she reminded him of his grandmother was kind of creepy.
Tiger
The plot is king of weird, and the Hero's mind is kind of weird too.
Some parts are nice, but not the best of michelle reid.
Penny Watson
This might be my new favorite. Def in the top 3.
Alice
Good short romance.
Melis
La ne güzeldin :))
Mary-jane
I've been reading some specific theme books from Michelle Reid and i love all of them!
Her books are very well written and have an emotional edge and leave you linger on the beautiful romance. This one was no exception.
To be honest, when i read the back cover synopsis, i thought it was a "common" plot and was a little reluctant to read it. However, it has this little twist that makes it different. In addition, the ending was not rushed and it allowed the H to grovel
Shanelle
I loved this story. Funny, witty and absolutely delightful. Michelle Reid really knows how to keep her reader enraptured. Luciano so absolutely full of himself and Lizzy just not knowing how to handle him but knowing that she couldn't allow him to walk all over her matter what he had hanging over her head. It has to be my favourite Mills&Boon and at last count I had read over 500.
Elle Markov
Luc's an ass. He fall for his fiancé's best friend and instead of breaking things off he decides to orchestrate everything to force The girl he actually loves to marry him. Bianca, Luc's original fiancé is a horrible person, how Lizzie stayed friends with her all that time is weird. Overall, nice read becaus they settled their issues and got together.
Yui
read this one few weeks back. I forgot to rate and file it and now lessthan a month i've forgotten most of the story. I know I hated it though but since I can't clearly remember the reason other than no grounds-blackmail i'm giving myself a break and round it off to two stars rather than suffer even a quick re-read.
Booker Like a Hooker
Luc...Türkiye'de Kitabın Adı Bir Evlilik Hikayesi.Ve Gerçekten çok romantik bir konusu var aslında.Ama Luc ilk başlarda duygularını nasıl tutuyordu anlamıyorum...hele de bir italyan olarak çok zorlandığını tahmin ediyorum.Umarım dünyada hala böyle erkekler vardır :)
Nehalemn
Interesting start but it cliches and degrades towards the end. It was an okay read if you're bored.
Ker
¡Skockeante esta novela! te deja impactada
Melissa
Very good....Reid has yet to disappoint me!
Camila Cullen Masen
un gran libro, pero un final muy brusco
  • A Savage Betrayal
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement
  • Mistress by Contract
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
Hi, my name is Michelle Reid and I’ve been writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon for the last twenty years, and the crazy part about it is that I only realised it had been twenty years while updating this page!

So, hang on for a minute while I take this huge milestone in....

Twenty years with almost forty books published or in the pipeline ... I know it isn’t a great average when compared with some
More about Michelle Reid...
Gold Ring of Betrayal The Ultimate Betrayal The Price of a Bride Mia and the Powerful Greek (The Balfour Brides, #1) Marchese's Forgotten Bride