Start by marking “Sucht Die Donnereiche! (Gewiefte Wiesel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sucht Die Donnereiche! (Gewiefte Wiesel, #1)

Sucht Die Donnereiche! (Welkin Weasels #1)

Einst mussten die Menschen die Insel Welkin urplötzlich verlassen. Den Hermelinen gelang es, die Herrschaft über das Tierreich an sich zu reißen. Nur eine Gruppe gesetzloser Wiesel um den gewieften Sylber lehnt sich gegen die gefürchteten Machthaber auf. Als die Dämme der Insel brechen, fassen die Wiesel den tollkühnen Plan, die Menschen zu Hilfe zu holen. Verfolgt von den ...more
Published 2005 by Piper (first published July 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Sucht Die Donnereiche!, please sign up.

Maia Moore There's not really any of those, except for a tiny bit with a strange god/ritual - this isn't by the protagonists but some characters that they meet,…moreThere's not really any of those, except for a tiny bit with a strange god/ritual - this isn't by the protagonists but some characters that they meet, and doesn't last long.(less)

Hannah (Filia Libri)
Diese und weitere Rezensionen findet ihr auf meinem Blog Anima Libri - Buchseele
Rezensionsexemplar, zur Verfügung gestellt vom Verlag im Austausch für eine ehrliche Rezension

Tierfantasy ist ja sowieso meiner Meinung nach immer etwas, das ganz schnell schief gehen kann, wenn man sich als Leser z.B. einfach nicht mit dem Tier, das vermenschlicht wird, anfreunden kann. Allerdings fand ich das Cover zum ersten „Weasels“-Band so lustig und dachte mir, ich probiere dieses Buch einfach mal aus. Leider
Maia Moore
Original review posted here

This is a book series I read and loved as a child, but haven’t picked up in a long time. I was a little worried that it wouldn’t have aged as well as I would have hoped – you know how it is with some things you read or watched as a child: you think they’re wonderful when you’re 10 but not so much as you get older.

I guess there were some elements of this that weren’t as good as I remember. I am a good 15 years older though, and my tastes/reading age have changed quite a
Dec 25, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely animal fantasy story, similar basis to Brian Jacques Redwall series - a bit like a combination of Redwall and Robin Hood really.

Obviously this is targetted towards the young adult readership, but I do feel it is a little over simplified in places - such as how the sheriff is always on their tail on their quests, but when the weasels are home in half moon wood having loud celebrations, he's somehow never around hmm.

I'm also not that impressed with how rats are made out to be evil creatu
N.A. Fedorak
Not a bad series, but it's frankly a rip-off of the Redwall series (cross with Sherlock Holmes) by Brian Jacques, and Brian Jacques did it better (Brian Jacques actually has a balanced cast of characters, and his main character isn't just a male Gary Stu).
Not badly written, but needs a heck of a lot more to be brilliant.
Mar 01, 2015 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic a super read for all ages. Filled with excellent situations exepsional plot and writing. An absolute classic a masterpiece gary kilwoth does it again with this excellent novel.
Moving on to book two which i am super executed for.
5 out of 5 stars, a must read!
Aug 10, 2011 Amber marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I picked up the first 3 of this series at a used bookstore while on vacation. I've never heard of them before, but I think they may be just the think to feed my childhood love of Rats of NIMH.
Marie Miura
Jan 01, 2015 Marie Miura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Meine Rezension zum Buch findet ihr auf unserem Blog:

Awesome fun! Must read the rest of the series sometime soon :) My only quibble would be it was a bit simplistic at times - they got out of some of those scrapes awfully easily xD
Ice Bear
Mar 24, 2011 Ice Bear rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Good introduction to another land of animal conflict. The story flows through each book of the series. At first glance, Weasels are probably not an animal from which you might create a hero.
Alex rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2013
Clayster The
Clayster The rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Yvette rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2016
Leanne rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2015
Hanasmith1531 rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2013
Maria Rae
Maria Rae rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2015
Eule rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2015
Teagan rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Gosia rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2016
Joseph Flint
Joseph Flint rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2011
Ma'ncon rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2015
Peri rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2011
Julie rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2011
Nachtschwarz rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Mike rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2009
Lianne rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2014
Lou rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Jacabaeus rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Derek Choo
Derek Choo rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2013
Foxfyre rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2008
Wildbriar rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Battle for the Park (Farthing Wood, #7)
  • The Cry of the Wolf
  • The Door in the Tree (The Magician's House Quartet, #2)
  • Journeys to the Heartland (The Wolves of Time, #1)
  • The Golden Cat (The Wild Road #2)
  • Nightshade City (Nightshade Chronicles, #1)
  • The Wainscott Weasel
  • Vulpes the Red Fox
  • The Storm (Dogs of the Drowned City, #1)
  • One for Sorrow, Two for Joy
  • The Tygrine Cat
  • Raven Quest
  • The Heavenly Horse from the Outermost West (Heavenly Horse, #1)
  • Echoes of Winter
  • The Son of Summer Stars (Firebringer, #3)
  • Scream of the White Bears
  • Sam The Cat Detective (Sam the Cat Mystery, #1)
Garry Douglas Kilworth is a fantasy and historical novelist.

Kilworth is a graduate of King's College London. He was previously a science fiction author, having published one hundred twenty short stories and seventy novels.
More about Garry Douglas Kilworth...

Welkin Weasels (6 books)
  • Castle Storm (Welkin Weasels, #2)
  • Windjammer Run (Welkin Weasels, #3)
  • Gaslight Geezers (Welkin Weasels, #4)
  • Vampire Voles (Welkin Weasels, #5)
  • Heastward Ho! (Welkin Weasels, #6)