Start by marking “The Butcher of Beverly Hills (McAffee Twins, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Butcher of Beverly Hills (McAffee Twins, #1)

The Butcher of Beverly Hills (McAffee Twins #1)

Who is killing the rich society widows of Beverly Hills?

Meet Kerry and Terry McAfee—identical twin sisters who have nothing in common, save their red hair and California-girl looks. Kerry’s the good girl, a straight-A student who won a scholarship to UCLA. Terry’s the bad girl, whose appetite for nose candy won her a spot in the slammer. When Terry gets out of jail, the t
Published July 12th 2005 by Broadway Books (first published November 13th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Butcher of Beverly Hills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Butcher of Beverly Hills

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall SmithCrocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth PetersThe Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha ChristieChocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne FlukeA is for Alibi by Sue Grafton
Cozy Mystery Series
307th out of 746 books — 1,844 voters
The Princess Diaries by Meg CabotRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareThe Luxe by Anna GodbersenPerfect by Sara ShepardThe Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
In the Pink
431st out of 1,138 books — 391 voters

More lists with this book...

Ladiibbug
Jun 02, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery Fans
#1 McAfee Twins PI series

Hilarious, smart, totally enjoyable! Twenty-something twins Terry and Kerry McAfee couldn't be more different. The girls team up to open a PI business.

I like that the series features characters of all ages. The writing is sparkly, brimming with laughs and a fast moving plot.

As much fun as Stephanie Plum!

www.jennifercolt.com

crystal patton
Dec 24, 2015 crystal patton rated it it was amazing
a some series I'm addicted Jennifer colt it a genius
bell
Jun 17, 2015 bell rated it it was amazing
Love! Love! Love this series!!!
Amber Adamchuk
It was a cute fun quick read.
Camille
Jul 06, 2013 Camille rated it it was amazing
This was a rollicking good tale. While not laugh- out-loud funny, there was a laugh on every page. The twins, Kerry and Terry, are PI who get themselves into all kinds of trouble while trying to help their great aunt't friend. Of course, the succeed in solving the case. Lots of fun.
April Hochstrasser
Apr 21, 2008 April Hochstrasser rated it liked it
A fun romp through a private investigative firm consisting of identical twin 20 something year old women. Kind of a fun book but not the kind you would read again. They have some twists and turns in the plot and eventually come to the answer through their bungling and mistakes.
Julie
Much of the humor in this book felt forced and deliberately "wacky" to me. Still, the mystery was solid and the characters not too annoying. While that sounds lukewarm, it can be hard to find new series that don't make me want to strangle all of the characters!
Kate
Oct 20, 2008 Kate rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Stephanie Plum fans
Chick lit murder mystery starring identical twin PIs, very much in the vein of Stephanie Plum. The wacky hijinks are sometimes forced and over the top, but overall enjoyable, brainless fun with several laugh-out-loud moments.
Aug 11, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
It's the girl equivalent of a Harlan Coben novel, but it has one thing (er make that 2 things) that the Myron Bolitar mysteries don't have....puppies :)

I loves the scooby doo books.
Becky
May 20, 2008 Becky rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure about it at first but by the time I got about halfway into it, the pace really picked up and I was hooked. Looking forward to getting my hands on the next one in the series.
Kristine
Mar 18, 2008 Kristine rated it really liked it
Shelves: brain-candy
Total brain candy and exactly what I needed after reading some mind draining books. This was funny and entertaining. Think Janet Evanovich with red headed twins in Beverly Hills.
Barbara
Oct 26, 2012 Barbara rated it really liked it
Shelves: detective
Real bubblegum noir, with a big dose of chick lit thrown in. The novel has lot of energy and fun, even if it goes a bit over the top here and there. Quite enjoyable.
Taryn
Aug 19, 2014 Taryn rated it it was ok
Alright read, it was a surprise to find out the killer. There were some add added "dream" sequence and "heaven" sequence I didn't care for. Other then that not bad.
Margaret
Aug 14, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2008
Fun fluff, kind of a mellower and not quite as funny Stephanie Plum if she were twins and lived in L.A. Enjoyable reading you'd do at the beach.

L Marie
Oct 07, 2009 L Marie rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
I wish I could give this a 2.5: somewhere between "liked it" and "it was ok." The book was actually very funny and well-written, just not my favorite genre.
Shannon
Sep 17, 2007 Shannon rated it liked it
The beginning was kind of hard to get into but towards the end is when it got funny. I may actually read the next in the series...I will let you know.
Melissa
Feb 21, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2006
Book #27 read in 2006

This was a very entertaining book! I even laughed out loud at a few parts. I can't wait to continue reading the series.
Donna
May 31, 2009 Donna rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
The plot is a little too complicated making the first half average. The fun action doesn’t happen until half way through.
Taryn
Jul 06, 2009 Taryn rated it it was ok
For a book with a bright, eye-catching cover about identical twin private investigators, it was fairly entertaining.
Amber Jones
Jun 03, 2012 Amber Jones rated it liked it
Pretty good book. I chuckled out loud at some parts. I'll continue with the series.

Krystal Scruggs
Feb 14, 2008 Krystal Scruggs rated it it was ok
Couldn't get into it. All into my other series. Will have to revisit at a later date.
Erin
Jun 04, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it
Great fast paced book. You won't want plastic surgery after this one!!
Jenine
Mar 21, 2012 Jenine rated it liked it
3 1/2, it was fun. The narrator is my favorite part, sassy/ditzy Californian.
Lois
Dec 31, 2010 Lois rated it liked it
Toni ~married to a hunk~
May 01, 2011 Toni ~married to a hunk~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
I liked it and thought it was funny. :-)
Anne
Jul 21, 2013 Anne rated it liked it
funny but a little long
Kevin Connery
Aug 24, 2009 Kevin Connery rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Double Indemnity 1
Lexie Ries
Lexie Ries rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Belinda Snyder
Belinda Snyder marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
  • Dating Can Be Murder (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #1)
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
  • Murder in Vein (A Madison Rose Vampire Mystery, #1)
  • The Miracle Strip
  • Life A La Mode
  • The Mammoth Book of Perfect Crimes and Impossible Mysteries
  • Reconstructing Brigid
  • Wiped Out (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #4)
  • Murder of the Cat's Meow (A Scumble River Mystery, #15)
  • The Rule of Sebastian
  • De Vliegenvanger
  • Bone Deep
  • Solo
  • Dating Can Be Deadly
  • City Dog
  • Tutu Deadly (Jenny T. Partridge, #1)
  • The Reluctant Miss Van Helsing
  • Seven Sunny Days
Jennifer Colt is the author of the zany chick-lit crime series, featuring identical twin investigators Terry and Kerry McAfee.
More about Jennifer Colt...

McAffee Twins (5 books)
  • The Mangler of Malibu Canyon (McAffee Twins, #2)
  • The Vampire of Venice Beach (McAffee Twins, #3)
  • The Con Artist of Catalina Island (McAffee Twins, #4)
  • The Hellraiser of the Hollywood Hills (McAffee Twins, #5)