Start by marking “Portrait of T. E. Lawrence” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Portrait of T. E. Lawr...

Vyvyan Richards

Portrait of T. E. Lawrence

A concise, perceptive study, focusing on Lawrence's mission as a man meeting an historical need; his extraordinary gifts and powers; and his career as an example of personal freedom, both his own, and his quest for the freedom of others.
Published January 1st 1982 by Haskell House

To ask other readers questions about Portrait of T. E. Lawrence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Portrait of T. E. Lawrence

Shawn Birss
For any reader who loves the film Lawrence of Arabia as much as I do, this book will be a treat.

Exactly as the title says (ignoring the cringey and problematic subtitle, which was not included in the original edition of this book), this is a portrait of the enigmatic, brilliant, arrogant, complicated Lawrence of Arabia. As a biography, it is very short. The writer, in a very readable and even occasionally poetic style, gives a lot of information in an economy of words. So it is concise, and tho
Karyl
Nov 17, 2012 Karyl rated it it was ok
This is not a good book to read if you know almost nothing about Lawrence of Arabia. I've heard his name and have a very general idea of who he is, but I'd never seen the movie or read any other books on him. This book assumes you have a pretty good idea of Lawrence, and of his work in the Middle East, as well as a working knowledge of his book Seven Pillars of Wisdom. I feel as though I have no better knowledge of Lawrence as I did before I read this book.
Billie Cotterman
Oct 24, 2012 Billie Cotterman rated it liked it
It's a very basic and simple biography of T.E. Lawrence published in 1939. It is what it is. I enjoyed it, and it was a good way to remind myself of the basic timeline of events.
Henry Kline
Henry Kline rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2016
Hans Guttmann
Hans Guttmann rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Joshua
Joshua rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2012
Chad
Chad rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Kuzriel
Kuzriel rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2012
Cheryl Bonnell
Cheryl Bonnell rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Gozal
Gozal marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014