Start by marking “Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Code Name: Baby

Christina Skye

Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name #7)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,091 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Battle-honed Wolfe Houston is on a mission of national security: protect valuable government assets targeted by hostiles. But tracking down four genetically enhanced service dogs and guarding their furry backs 24/7 is going to take all of Wolfe's tactical skills.

The dogs' unsuspecting civilian trainer, Kit O'Halloran doesn't know that deadly mercenaries are determined to

Published (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Code Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code Name

Linda
Mar 22, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Christina Skye. This one is about a group of men who have been trained and medically enhanced to be faster and stronger than the average military soldier. Wolfe Houston was just one of these men and he needed to keep safe the sister of one of his best friends in the program. He knew Kit O'Halloran since she was a kid but she had grown up and for the best.

Kit trained dogs for the military and was very good at her job but there were others who wanted these dogs for other purp
Tracy
~* 2.5 Stars *~
Kit O'Holloran is a renowned dog trainer. She's currently working with four exceptional young dogs on her ranch in New Mexico. The pups are more exceptional than Kit realizes, though. Genetically and technologically enhanced superdogs, they're slated to be the next cutting edge weapons of the special Foxfire military unit. They're highly valuable and at the top of the top secret pile.

So is former Navy SEAL Wolfe Houston.

One of Foxfire's top operatives, he's just as technologically
Robin
Having enjoyed the first two Code Name books, I went into this one eagerly, but was quickly thrown for a loop. The hero, Wolfe Houston, a military man as are the heroes in the previous books, is part of a very elite group who all have some sort of psychic ability. I was not expecting that touch of the paranormal and it took my mind a bit to adjust to it. However, I then got involved in the story pretty quickly, for awhile anyway.

Kit is a dog trainer who contracts with the military, and is curre
Anita
Aug 03, 2015 Anita rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
The first books in this series were light romantic-suspense. As it progressed it got a little more intense and the last book had touches of bizarre. This book is just outright bizarre. Genetically and technologically enhanced humans and animals. You need a score card and even then you can't tell the good guys from the bad. My favorite character, Izzy Tegue, has a role playing the awesome tech guru. I really wish he would get his own book.

Wolfe, a genetically and technologically enhanced navy SE
Brandy
Jun 18, 2011 Brandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parts of this book were ok. Other parts I didn't like. And it seemed to DRAG ON and ON because of this. I got this book at the library sale, because I LOVED Christina Skye's Draycott Abbey series. And I thought wow!, a Christina Skye book with dogs! What more could a romance reader and animal LOVER want? I liked Kit and Wolf. And of course loved the 4 Black Labs; Baby, Diesel, Butch and Sundance. (Especially LOVED Baby and Diesel!)...Wish Christina would've delved MORE into Wolfe & Kit's rel ...more
Heather
Jun 12, 2010 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I couldn't get into it. I loved Code Name: Nanny and Code Name: Princess. But this felt outlandish. Which is odd coming from me, since I love paranormal and usually wouldn't have a problem with psychic spies and such. However, in this series, I was reading it because it had a sense of realism and it just felt like a big stretch to have people controlling animals with their minds, animals that are smarter than humans but still had loyalty to humans, and humans who can project visions and locked i ...more
Ashlyn
May 04, 2016 Ashlyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aside from the gratuitous sex that I'm never a fan of, the plot of this book was actually very interesting, and having intelligent puppies in it certainly didn't hurt!
Hope
Feb 28, 2016 Hope marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I loved it
Ladiibbug
Light romance - a genetically enhanced Navy SEAL protects a female dog trainer woman and her genetically enhanced Lab puppies.

Said woman, Kit, is predictibly the sister of a fellow Navy SEAL, and the guy protecting Kit knows her from years ago.

The twist of the Navy SEAL and dogs being genetically enhanced, and the details (no spoiler) about the bad guy/s he is protecting Kit from put this a (cold) nose above the run-of-the-mill romance.

Plus, of course, the dogs!! *woof! Loved the Rotties & L
Moira
May 05, 2013 Moira rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
**Spoiler alert** The whole premise of the elite trained to be telepathic with both animals and humans was a bit unbelievable especially with the animals. I could not finish this one and it is rare that I am unable to read a book. The relationship between the main characters and wanting to see how it progressed kept me interested but not for long. Once the hawk attacked the waitress and forced her to walk in front of a tractor trailer truck I was done with this bizarre book!
Melody
Apr 20, 2009 Melody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A somewhat entertaining read dealing with secret government projects. Baby is actually a black Lab, one of four super-intelligent puppies being trained by Kit at her ranch in the New Mexico desert. But Kit and the pups are in danger so enter in teenage love interest, now a government project himself, to protect her. But the real-life question is: Just what are those secret military stations up to?
Natalie
Dec 06, 2007 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: librarysale
At first, I didn't think I was going to make it very far into this book, however I decided to read a few more pages.

I am so glad I made that decision. I really loved this book and I want to find some of the other books by this author. I really enjoyed the style of writing and the mix of adventure, romance, and a bit of mystery.

~*Elizabeth*~
Apr 02, 2012 ~*Elizabeth*~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I loved the idea of this book almost as much as the story itself. :) I love original stories and I have never read anything with "super" dogs that actually kept my attention. :P would loved to had more info about what was REALLY going on, but it's a romance book, not a bestseller. Loved it for what it was.
Lisa
Jul 30, 2008 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
A lazy day excape kind of book full of suspense, action,and romance. Not all reading has to teach you something and this was a few hours of shameless endulgence in the un-reality.
This book was one of the great chic lit books that made it to me by the chain of women at my mother in laws work.
Lisa
May 11, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the puppies in this one. This is part of a series. It can be read alone, but reading the series in order is the preferred way to enjoy these books. The characters flow from one book to another. Hot guy, smart lady, tight plot, and adorable pups. What more could you ask for ?
Ann Marie
Aug 16, 2009 Ann Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. This book is a continuation of the Foxfire, Navy Seal series. Wolfe Houston is the Seal and Kit O'Halloran is a dog trainer who starts training Foxfire dogs. When crazy former Seal Cruz escapes from custody, it is the start of a very intense plot. Great story!
Charli
Mar 03, 2008 Charli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes romantic suspense.
Shelves: read-in-2008
This book was a great story. I've never actually read a Christina Skye novel before, and I have to say, I would definitely be willing to read this one again, as well as any others that might come out! In fact, there are some I've seen listed that I'm itching to get my hands on! :)
Daelith
This was cute, light-hearted read. Gotta love a Navy SEAL and puppies. It was a little exaggerated in parts, but not too bad. Couple of chuckle moments especially with the vibrating purse scene.
Andrea
Apr 21, 2009 Andrea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Skip it unless you just want a steamy read with no plot.
A good read for those of us finishing classes. No brain cells required.

Intersting "genetically enhanced soldier" and underground military - with a lot of ham thrown in.
Basia Piekarski
Some parts I loved and some parts weren't the greatest. Overall, I enjoyed it and I'm excited to read the other code name novels, because people seem to like those even better.
Marcie
Jun 23, 2011 Marcie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, mystery, romance, own
Pretty entertaining, good if you want something mindless and quick to read. The story was pretty far out there, but it brought fantastic elements of humor and action.
Katie
Oct 14, 2010 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-10
The dog trainer and the spy. He saves her life and they fall in love. I was very upset about her degenerative disease. I hope in future books a cure is found.
Brianna
Feb 21, 2011 Brianna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, comtemorpary
it was okay. even thought the dogs were a delightful character have in there, i felt like they got in the way of a lot of things. it was an okay book.
Jill
Mar 12, 2010 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a little disappointed with the ending, but I guess I'll have to read the next book. It didn't really feel like it got completely wrapped up.
Lindsey
May 03, 2012 Lindsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military
This is actually Book #3 of the Code Name series. I felt like this book was slower than the rest of them. It was good, but #1-2 were way better.
Kate Zirkle
Mar 09, 2008 Kate Zirkle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
Cheesy and predictable but still a good read. Has this AMAZING sex scene in it. I read that part at the gym and felt pretty awkward!
Lisa Watson
Jan 12, 2011 Lisa Watson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Christina Skye! Her books are fast paced and sharp! The characters are memorable and the action jumps off the pages!
Apr 19, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book kinda took awhile to get into it. I got my copy from my Mom, she loaned it to me and I am glad that she did.
Linda
Mar 09, 2009 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an okay entry in the series but I found it a bit hard to believe what the Foxfire unit was capable of.
  • Crazy Sweet (Steele Street, #6)
  • Out of the Storm (Stewart Sisters, #3)
  • You've Got Male (OPUS #1)
  • Aphrodite's Flame (Superhero Central #4)
  • Something Wild
  • Tall, Dark And Dangerous (Tall, Dark and Dangerous, #1-2)
  • Sleeping With the Agent (Crossfire, #3)
  • Getting Lucky (Marine, #2)
  • The Wife Test (Brides of Virtue, 1)
  • White Heat (T-FLAC, #11)
AKA Roberta Helmer

Roberta Helmer is an American writer of Chinese art and culture and as Christina Skye is a best-selling USA Today and Publishers Weekly writer of over 23 romance novels. Her romance book have been traslated into 8 languages.

Roberta Helmer was born in Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A., an is a descendant of Revolutionary War hero Adam Helmer. She attended the University of Pennsylvania and ob
More about Christina Skye...

SEAL and Code Name (9 books)
  • 2000 Kisses (SEAL and Code Name, #1)
  • Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2)
  • My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)
  • Hot Pursuit (SEAL and Code Name, #4)
  • Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name, #5)
  • Code Name: Princess (SEAL and Code Name, #6)
  • Code Name: Blondie (SEAL and Code Name, #8)
  • Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)