Start by marking “Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Code Name: Baby

Christina Skye

Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name #7)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  992 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Battle-honed Wolfe Houston is on a mission of national security: protect valuable government assets targeted by hostiles. But tracking down four genetically enhanced service dogs and guarding their furry backs 24/7 is going to take all of Wolfe's tactical skills.

The dogs' unsuspecting civilian trainer, Kit O'Halloran doesn't know that deadly mercenaries are determined to

Published (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Code Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code Name

Linda
Another great book by Christina Skye. This one is about a group of men who have been trained and medically enhanced to be faster and stronger than the average military soldier. Wolfe Houston was just one of these men and he needed to keep safe the sister of one of his best friends in the program. He knew Kit O'Halloran since she was a kid but she had grown up and for the best.

Kit trained dogs for the military and was very good at her job but there were others who wanted these dogs for other purp
Tracy
~* 2.5 Stars *~
Kit O'Holloran is a renowned dog trainer. She's currently working with four exceptional young dogs on her ranch in New Mexico. The pups are more exceptional than Kit realizes, though. Genetically and technologically enhanced superdogs, they're slated to be the next cutting edge weapons of the special Foxfire military unit. They're highly valuable and at the top of the top secret pile.

So is former Navy SEAL Wolfe Houston.

One of Foxfire's top operatives, he's just as technologically
OctoberWoman
Having enjoyed the first two Code Name books, I went into this one eagerly, but was quickly thrown for a loop. The hero, Wolfe Houston, a military man as are the heroes in the previous books, is part of a very elite group who all have some sort of psychic ability. I was not expecting that touch of the paranormal and it took my mind a bit to adjust to it. However, I then got involved in the story pretty quickly, for awhile anyway.

Kit is a dog trainer who contracts with the military, and is curre
Brandy
Parts of this book were ok. Other parts I didn't like. And it seemed to DRAG ON and ON because of this. I got this book at the library sale, because I LOVED Christina Skye's Draycott Abbey series. And I thought wow!, a Christina Skye book with dogs! What more could a romance reader and animal LOVER want? I liked Kit and Wolf. And of course loved the 4 Black Labs; Baby, Diesel, Butch and Sundance. (Especially LOVED Baby and Diesel!)...Wish Christina would've delved MORE into Wolfe & Kit's rel ...more
Heather
I couldn't get into it. I loved Code Name: Nanny and Code Name: Princess. But this felt outlandish. Which is odd coming from me, since I love paranormal and usually wouldn't have a problem with psychic spies and such. However, in this series, I was reading it because it had a sense of realism and it just felt like a big stretch to have people controlling animals with their minds, animals that are smarter than humans but still had loyalty to humans, and humans who can project visions and locked i ...more
Ladiibbug
Light romance - a genetically enhanced Navy SEAL protects a female dog trainer woman and her genetically enhanced Lab puppies.

Said woman, Kit, is predictibly the sister of a fellow Navy SEAL, and the guy protecting Kit knows her from years ago.

The twist of the Navy SEAL and dogs being genetically enhanced, and the details (no spoiler) about the bad guy/s he is protecting Kit from put this a (cold) nose above the run-of-the-mill romance.

Plus, of course, the dogs!! *woof! Loved the Rotties & L
Moira
**Spoiler alert** The whole premise of the elite trained to be telepathic with both animals and humans was a bit unbelievable especially with the animals. I could not finish this one and it is rare that I am unable to read a book. The relationship between the main characters and wanting to see how it progressed kept me interested but not for long. Once the hawk attacked the waitress and forced her to walk in front of a tractor trailer truck I was done with this bizarre book!
Melody
A somewhat entertaining read dealing with secret government projects. Baby is actually a black Lab, one of four super-intelligent puppies being trained by Kit at her ranch in the New Mexico desert. But Kit and the pups are in danger so enter in teenage love interest, now a government project himself, to protect her. But the real-life question is: Just what are those secret military stations up to?
Natalie
At first, I didn't think I was going to make it very far into this book, however I decided to read a few more pages.

I am so glad I made that decision. I really loved this book and I want to find some of the other books by this author. I really enjoyed the style of writing and the mix of adventure, romance, and a bit of mystery.

~*Elizabeth*~
I loved the idea of this book almost as much as the story itself. :) I love original stories and I have never read anything with "super" dogs that actually kept my attention. :P would loved to had more info about what was REALLY going on, but it's a romance book, not a bestseller. Loved it for what it was.
Lisa
A lazy day excape kind of book full of suspense, action,and romance. Not all reading has to teach you something and this was a few hours of shameless endulgence in the un-reality.
This book was one of the great chic lit books that made it to me by the chain of women at my mother in laws work.
Lisa
Loved the puppies in this one. This is part of a series. It can be read alone, but reading the series in order is the preferred way to enjoy these books. The characters flow from one book to another. Hot guy, smart lady, tight plot, and adorable pups. What more could you ask for ?
Ann Marie
I loved this book. This book is a continuation of the Foxfire, Navy Seal series. Wolfe Houston is the Seal and Kit O'Halloran is a dog trainer who starts training Foxfire dogs. When crazy former Seal Cruz escapes from custody, it is the start of a very intense plot. Great story!
Charli
Mar 03, 2008 Charli rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes romantic suspense.
Shelves: read-in-2008
This book was a great story. I've never actually read a Christina Skye novel before, and I have to say, I would definitely be willing to read this one again, as well as any others that might come out! In fact, there are some I've seen listed that I'm itching to get my hands on! :)
Daelith
This was cute, light-hearted read. Gotta love a Navy SEAL and puppies. It was a little exaggerated in parts, but not too bad. Couple of chuckle moments especially with the vibrating purse scene.
Andrea
Apr 21, 2009 Andrea rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Skip it unless you just want a steamy read with no plot.
A good read for those of us finishing classes. No brain cells required.

Intersting "genetically enhanced soldier" and underground military - with a lot of ham thrown in.
Basia Piekarski
Some parts I loved and some parts weren't the greatest. Overall, I enjoyed it and I'm excited to read the other code name novels, because people seem to like those even better.
Marcie
Pretty entertaining, good if you want something mindless and quick to read. The story was pretty far out there, but it brought fantastic elements of humor and action.
Katie
The dog trainer and the spy. He saves her life and they fall in love. I was very upset about her degenerative disease. I hope in future books a cure is found.
Brianna
it was okay. even thought the dogs were a delightful character have in there, i felt like they got in the way of a lot of things. it was an okay book.
Jill
I was a little disappointed with the ending, but I guess I'll have to read the next book. It didn't really feel like it got completely wrapped up.
Lindsey
This is actually Book #3 of the Code Name series. I felt like this book was slower than the rest of them. It was good, but #1-2 were way better.
Kate Zirkle
Cheesy and predictable but still a good read. Has this AMAZING sex scene in it. I read that part at the gym and felt pretty awkward!
Lisa Watson
Love Christina Skye! Her books are fast paced and sharp! The characters are memorable and the action jumps off the pages!
Kellie
Great summer beach/pool reading. Nothing deep, nothing fancy, just light and fun with a smidge of smut. My kind of book.
this book kinda took awhile to get into it. I got my copy from my Mom, she loaned it to me and I am glad that she did.
Linda
This was an okay entry in the series but I found it a bit hard to believe what the Foxfire unit was capable of.
Maggie
love all of her books!!!!!!!!!!! wish there was more trace in this book but whatevsies love love LOVE!
Erika
I wanted something mindless and fun. This book was good enough for those things, but still just ok.
Mariola Turnbough
Sep 18, 2008 Mariola Turnbough rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mariola by: mariola@fastmail.fm
I just finished this love spy novel. No desire to rad the rest in the series.
  • Crazy Love (Steele Street, #5)
  • Getting Lucky (Marine, #2)
  • You've Got Male (OPUS #1)
  • The Wife Test (Brides of Virtue, 1)
  • Tall, Dark And Dangerous (Tall, Dark and Dangerous, #1-2)
  • Freefall (High Risk #1)
  • Arousing Suspicions
  • Aphrodite's Flame (Superhero Central #4)
  • Sleeping With the Agent (Crossfire, #3)
  • First Comes Love (Hot Water, California #1)
  • Something Wild
  • Soldier on Her Doorstep
  • Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)
AKA Roberta Helmer

Roberta Helmer is an American writer of Chinese art and culture and as Christina Skye is a best-selling USA Today and Publishers Weekly writer of over 23 romance novels. Her romance book have been traslated into 8 languages.

Roberta Helmer was born in Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A., an is a descendant of Revolutionary War hero Adam Helmer. She attended the University of Pennsylvania and ob
More about Christina Skye...

SEAL and Code Name (9 books)
  • 2000 Kisses (SEAL and Code Name, #1)
  • Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2)
  • My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)
  • Hot Pursuit (SEAL and Code Name, #4)
  • Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name, #5)
  • Code Name: Princess (SEAL and Code Name, #6)
  • Code Name: Blondie (SEAL and Code Name, #8)
  • Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)
Code Name: Princess (SEAL and Code Name, #6) Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name, #5) The Accidental Bride (Summer Island #2) Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2) Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)