Start by marking “A Perfect Match” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Match

A Perfect Match (Emma Hamilton #2)

After two years of being deafened by the ticktock of her biological clock and tormented by Mother Nature's refusal to grant her a baby, Emma Hamilton decides to go for the instant solution: finding a Russian baby in need of a home. But Emma hasn't reckoned on the route to adoption being so complicated.

Between proving that she's fit to be a mother (by inventing an unblemis
Published 2005 by Penguin Books

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Match

Tonya
This is the second book I've read by Sinead Moriarty and I've enjoyed it just as much as the first. The first book in the series, The Baby Trail, introduced us to James and Emma. This book takes up where the first left off, after two years of being unable to become pregnant James and Emma begin the process of international adoption. The process involves both laughter and tears. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a great chick lit novel! This could be read as a stand alone as well, t ...more
Sweta Shrestha
Mar 15, 2014 Sweta Shrestha rated it it was amazing
all good things to those who wait.....well the saying's true I guess!! :')
dramatic but heart touching!! :D :D
Lobo
Apr 29, 2015 Lobo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Devon
Mar 04, 2014 Devon rated it really liked it
In Sinead Moriarty's follow up to 'THE BABY TRAIL' Emma and James, a couple who have tried for years to have a baby with no success have decided to adopt. Going the international route they decide to adopt a Russian child, but deciding on what country to adopt from is the easiest part of this process! Emma and James go through extensive background checks, parenting classes and a wait list the size of Russia itself all to get the child that they have dreamed about but will this child be the right ...more
Fionnuala M
Sep 10, 2008 Fionnuala M rated it it was amazing
The second book in the baby trilogy which deals with the trials and tribulations of foreign adoption and like its other counterparts is witty and brilliantly written.
Linda Riordan
Mar 04, 2008 Linda Riordan rated it it was amazing
Best of the lot, so funny i nearly wet myself a book that can make you laugh so hard and out loud on public transport is one to read.
Karen
May 19, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book-- actually the entire series-- several times-- and each time I do I laugh out loud with tears in my eyes! Emma and James are one of my favorite fictional couples!!!

This story-line journey's with the couple through their adoption process and I felt it truly captured the highs and lows of the process well (I've been through the adoption process twice and could completely relate to this.) it's a realistic look at how long, invasive and tedious it can be-- but it's told with h
Helene Harrison
Review - I think that A Perfect Match was better than The Baby Trail because it just got into the action faster. I think that's always a risk with first books in a series - they spend too long setting the scene. The humour was better in this book and more cleverly wound into the overall storyline. I felt that A Perfect Match was quite a humorous way to show how people overcome obstacles in the way of an adoption. It worked really really well, which I was surprised by. The characters seemed more ...more
Gitu
Jul 08, 2013 Gitu rated it liked it
I had just finished reading "A Perfect Match" last week. The beginning of the book started out slow but none-the-less was extremely entertaining. Jess, Emma, and Lucy have such an amazing and relatable friendship, lets not forget hilarious stories to tell when they see each other. I wish there was more drama and romance. But I can definitely see how original the story line was. It is not something I would always read. Not only was Emma's life story beautifully written but Sean's story with marry ...more
julie simcock
Aug 18, 2014 julie simcock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious!!!

Hilarious!!!

A fantastic light hearted feel good read for ladies of all ages!! the only off putting thing is the dodgy spellings. Far too many and unnecessary punctuation. Needs correcting.
Danielle Stephenson
Feb 22, 2015 Danielle Stephenson rated it liked it
Suzy
Aug 03, 2014 Suzy added it
The Baby Trail and the sequel here were such page turners! She now has 1 more book in the series! Can't wait to read that one!
Jennig
Dec 28, 2014 Jennig rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable read, some fun & realistic characters.. Now I need to read the 1st & 3rd in trilogy.
Elephas
Mar 09, 2014 Elephas rated it really liked it
I want a russian baby too! Its so emotional and love the part when they both went to to the children's home. Cant wait to read the 3rd part of the series..
Molly
Apr 18, 2016 Molly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
In this sequel to The Baby Trail, Emma and James have given up on fertility treatments and have decided to pursue adoption. This book chronicles their trials and tribulations as they go through the process.

I liked this book a bit more than the other two Emma and James books that I have read. I really liked how they seemed to band together through all their difficulties, it was very sweet. I did think the book made adoption seem much simpler than it actually is, but this can be forgiven. The book
Jane
Nov 26, 2015 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite enjoyable. A few laugh out loud moments!
Joanna Paula Cailas
Sequel to The Baby Trail. More on the chaotic and charming characters that are the Burkes and Hamiltons and their friends. Emma and James are adopting, Babs is getting a nose job, Mrs Burke is afraid Sean's Iranian girlfriend Shadee would imprison him in Iran... I love Sinead's sense of humor. I would have graded this FOUR stars, except I didn't appreciate the misspelling, 'Philippino', and in the same paragraph, a supposedly beer-drinking Philippino maid. Highly unlikely. Please. Filipinas hate ...more
Meredith
Aug 13, 2015 Meredith rated it it was amazing
Easy read, very funny!
Elena
Dec 24, 2013 Elena rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, humor
I really love Emma the over the top, impatient protagonist. She reminds me of a combination of myself and one of my besties. We follow Emma and her husband through the procedures for an international Russian adoption (which is very intriguing now that those adoptions are soon no longer going to be allowed). This book was funnier than the first, and featured Emma's zany family a lot, and you had to appreciate their charms. I'm looking forward to reading the last book in the trilogy.
Jirinka (sony08)
Oct 13, 2011 Jirinka (sony08) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
10/10
I just love her books. This is the second in the Hamilton trilogy. In the first book we saw Emma and James trying for baby, going through all the treatments and in this book they are going through the process of adoption. We also continue the lives of Emma'a best friends Lucy and Jess and James's best friend Donal and all the rugby stuff around them.

It's funny, true, sad and happy book. Very easy to read and it leaves a smile on your face when you finish it.
Jan
Feb 22, 2014 Jan added it
Book Club February 2014
Louise
Jun 24, 2016 Louise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emma is VERY annoying!
Stephen
Aug 09, 2014 Stephen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I was the proper target audience for this one....
Angela
Apr 02, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
This second installment of the baby trail series was as entertaining as the first. All of the lovable characters return along with the lovable but neurotic Emma Hamilton. This time she's taking a different route to motherhood that is as entertaining as the last. I loved this book as much as the first, and immediately started searching for the 3rd book.
Chanpreet
Sep 18, 2011 Chanpreet rated it liked it
A nice read. It was interesting to read about the hurdles a couple hoping to adopt have to go through. The characters were very likable and there were some "What!?" moments, but overall it was an enjoyable book. I'm tempted to check out more by Sinead Moriarty!
JillRock
Jan 03, 2008 JillRock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any woman dealing with infertility -- or trying to understand what it is like
This book is chick-lit at its best. Sinead Moriarty took a heavy topic -- adopting after dealing with infertility -- and added humor and colorful characters. And when it comes to understanding the emotions that accompany infertility, she simply nailed it.
Joan
Mar 10, 2014 Joan rated it really liked it
was a good read with an ending that makes you want to read the follow up book
Marcia
Apr 27, 2013 Marcia rated it really liked it
Loved the story. I should have read it before I read the next one but it's all good.

However, there are a lot of typos in this Kindle version that seemed to have escaped the editor's attention.
Theresa
Jul 30, 2012 Theresa rated it it was amazing
I loved this book i couldn't put the book down i liked the storyline and was very funny in places liked all the characters and can't wait to read number 3 in the series.
Jackie Mceachern
Aug 05, 2012 Jackie Mceachern rated it really liked it
Another hit by Moriarty for me. As always, I bonded deeply with the characters and miss them so much when the book is finished! It was a good, light summer read for me.
  • Sleepless Nights
  • It's a Vet's Life (Talyton St George, #4)
  • Notes From The Underbelly
  • The Ex-Boyfriend's Handbook (Ed & Dan, #1)
  • Chianti Souls
  • Dangled Carat
  • The Playgroup
  • Gucci Gucci Coo
  • One Big Beautiful Thing
  • The Seven Year Itch (Jack & Amy, #3)
Sinead was born and raised in Dublin where she grew up surrounded by books. Her mother is an author of children’s books. Growing up, Sinead says she was inspired by watching her mother writing at the kitchen table and then being published. From that moment on, her childhood dream was to write a novel.

After university, she went to live in Paris and then London. It was at the age of thirty, while wo
More about Sinéad Moriarty...

Emma Hamilton (4 books)