Start by marking “My Best Friend” as Want to Read:
My Best Friend

My Best Friend

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A little girl eagerly welcomes her best friend to spend the night. She is glad to have a friend who can run faster, climb higher, and jump farther than anyone else. But when the lights are turned out and the visitor is afraid, the little girl proves what best friends are for. "once again Hutchins captures the simple elements of a child's life in a heartwarming story, steep ...more
Published April 15th 1993 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about My Best Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Best Friend

Lamar Sanders
Jul 16, 2012 Lamar Sanders rated it liked it
Main Characters: An unnamed boy and girl
Point of View: 3rd person
Setting:The boy's house
Plot: The boy's best friend, a girl, comes over for a sleep over. The girl is remarkably better than the boy at many of the activities they engage in during the sleepover , but the boy reacts with admiration and appreciation for their friendship. As the children prepare to sleep, the talented best friend is frightened by the curtain swaying from the window breeze. The boy is able to calm his friend's fears by
Leanne Hooper
Jan 24, 2015 Leanne Hooper rated it really liked it
I love this book about friendship, comparison, and the value in understanding that we all know different things and have different skills and that's fantastic. Certainly a Hutchins book that should be more widely recognized.
Jacqueline Johnson
Apr 14, 2013 Jacqueline Johnson rated it it was amazing
This book deals with the topic of friendship for young children between the ages of 3 – 5 year olds. The cover page is bright, and colorful. It shows two children sharing a book together as they are sitting in bed with the covers up to their waste. This book illustrates the things that friends do together. It answers the, “What it means to be a friend question”. All preschoolers can identify with this book because the concept of friendship is very important to children within this age group.
I w
Tara Boodoo
Apr 20, 2015 Tara Boodoo rated it liked it
Teaches children no one is perfect or always strong; everyone has a fear/something that worries them.
Nicky
Feb 22, 2015 Nicky rated it it was amazing
Both my kids have loved this sweet and simple story about two little friends.
Shakita
Sep 12, 2012 Shakita rated it liked it
Shelves: friends
This book could read together by two friends. They can each read a page or read the book and then the other friend reads. The class may be talking about whose important in our lives, this book would be good to read then. Many children have someone who they consider their best friend so they can give reasons why that person is their best friend. Students might be surprised to see that other students have the same reason why someone is their friend or make new friends by doing this.
Christy
Sep 07, 2013 Christy rated it liked it
Rosa
Oct 05, 2012 Rosa rated it liked it
This was a cute picture book, although I did find myself wishing that the first little girl had been better at something then her best friend, besides not being afraid. I think I just needed a sense of balance. I think it's a great picture book for story time though and I might just be being weird about the lack of balance. I also really liked the illustrations.
Jennesy
My Best Friend is a cute early-read book that demonstrates each person is different and can compliment another person. One little girl seemed to be perfect at everything than the other little girl. Then, the little girl who seemed not as perfect saved the day at the end. I would use this book when introducing working with partners/reading partners.
Candice Call
Apr 23, 2012 Candice Call rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
This book could be used to explain how each person is differnt and how we all have our stregths and weaknesses. I would reccomond this book to a child if they felt like they "are not good at anything" because it shows how sometimes we don't notice our own strengths.
Candi
Oct 10, 2011 Candi rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
Did not enjoy the message at all in this book.
Kate Mowery
"My best friend is awesome. I'm lame."
Violet B
Violet B rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Sumesh
Sumesh marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Shameera
Shameera marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Monica
Monica added it
May 14, 2016
Mahone
Mahone marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
BIJESH
BIJESH added it
May 01, 2016
Boby Ulahannan
Boby Ulahannan marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Anila
Anila marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Rajesh
Rajesh marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Aisha
Aisha rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016