Start by marking “My Best Friend” as Want to Read:
My Best Friend

My Best Friend

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A little girl eagerly welcomes her best friend to spend the night. She is glad to have a friend who can run faster, climb higher, and jump farther than anyone else. But when the lights are turned out and the visitor is afraid, the little girl proves what best friends are for. "once again Hutchins captures the simple elements of a child's life in a heartwarming story, steep ...more
Published April 15th 1993 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about My Best Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Best Friend

Lamar Sanders
Main Characters: An unnamed boy and girl
Point of View: 3rd person
Setting:The boy's house
Plot: The boy's best friend, a girl, comes over for a sleep over. The girl is remarkably better than the boy at many of the activities they engage in during the sleepover , but the boy reacts with admiration and appreciation for their friendship. As the children prepare to sleep, the talented best friend is frightened by the curtain swaying from the window breeze. The boy is able to calm his friend's fears by
Jacqueline Johnson
This book deals with the topic of friendship for young children between the ages of 3 – 5 year olds. The cover page is bright, and colorful. It shows two children sharing a book together as they are sitting in bed with the covers up to their waste. This book illustrates the things that friends do together. It answers the, “What it means to be a friend question”. All preschoolers can identify with this book because the concept of friendship is very important to children within this age group.
I w
Shakita
This book could read together by two friends. They can each read a page or read the book and then the other friend reads. The class may be talking about whose important in our lives, this book would be good to read then. Many children have someone who they consider their best friend so they can give reasons why that person is their best friend. Students might be surprised to see that other students have the same reason why someone is their friend or make new friends by doing this.
Christy
Rosa
This was a cute picture book, although I did find myself wishing that the first little girl had been better at something then her best friend, besides not being afraid. I think I just needed a sense of balance. I think it's a great picture book for story time though and I might just be being weird about the lack of balance. I also really liked the illustrations.
Jennesy
My Best Friend is a cute early-read book that demonstrates each person is different and can compliment another person. One little girl seemed to be perfect at everything than the other little girl. Then, the little girl who seemed not as perfect saved the day at the end. I would use this book when introducing working with partners/reading partners.
Candice Call
This book could be used to explain how each person is differnt and how we all have our stregths and weaknesses. I would reccomond this book to a child if they felt like they "are not good at anything" because it shows how sometimes we don't notice our own strengths.
Candi
Did not enjoy the message at all in this book.
Kate Mowery
"My best friend is awesome. I'm lame."
Hassan Abdullah
Hassan Abdullah marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Babbycece
Babbycece marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Salina Higley
Salina Higley marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Daniela Burlacu
Daniela Burlacu marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Lavu Gupta
Lavu Gupta marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Amanda Saye
Amanda Saye marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Samy Abidi
Samy Abidi marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Damera Blincoe
Damera Blincoe marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Janelle Phinney
Janelle Phinney marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Lashan Kemp
Lashan Kemp marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013